• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pyrite

Years
I also have a question about obtaining smeargle too. Can't find it's location in the pokedex
Thanks for pointing it out. It looks like I made Smeargle unobtainable, accidentally. It's been added as a wild Pokemon to a certain route with a low encounter rate as it was meant to be, and the ips patch has been reuploaded. I've checked again and it looks like all the other 250 pokemon are obtainable in one way or another as it was meant to be.

With the changes in how often shiny pokemon appear (1/256), were there any changes to the breeding aspects of it? I remember back in G/S/C, the odds of hatching a shiny pokemon while breeding with a shiny ditto was about 1/64. Has that been altered to a lower amount as well?
The breeding mechanics are unchanged. The shiny status in Pokemon Pyrite only depends on the pokemon's Defense and Special DVs, but I don't remember which DV values a baby pokemon inherits from the parent(s). Maybe someone else knows and can give you the answer, because in Pyrite it'd be the same as in the original Pokemon Crystal.

Years
In route 46 the trainers have their pokemon at lvl 30s while they should be at 60s, i dont know if you forgot to change them but i though i might point it out

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 25, 2019
Where can I find a low level staryu so it still knows recover? Every one that Ive found has been higher level and forgot it already.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Where can I find a low level staryu so it still knows recover? Every one that Ive found has been higher level and forgot it already.

In the water between Johto and Kanto when going to Tohjo Falls there are at level 33 and still know the move or you can catch a high level one and breed it (if possible with a shiny Ditto for increased shiny rate) and train the baby...

Years
In route 46 the trainers have their pokemon at lvl 30s while they should be at 60s, i dont know if you forgot to change them but i though i might point it out
It's because these trainers can be found earlier than the trainers in route 45, which can only be battled after reaching blackthorn. However the route 46 trainers can be found after you get rock smash (iirc), by going through dark cave (from the violet entrance).

Years
It's because these trainers can be found earlier than the trainers in route 45, which can only be battled after reaching blackthorn. However the route 46 trainers can be found after you get rock smash (iirc), by going through dark cave (from the violet entrance).

oh ok, ty, sometime i need to explore dark cave :P btw im at the pokemon league, tryed to defeat koga but i couldnt, i like how you have made his team, if the rest of the league is like that i will have trouble even after full training (lvl 82 max)

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Staryu is genderless LOL

Indeed that's why I advised to breed it with a shiny Ditto...Ditto can breed with anything no matter the gender or lack there of and when breeding with a shiny Ditto the chance of hatching a shiny baby is 1/64 in the vanilla version but seems closer to 1/4 or even 1/2 in this hack from my own experience

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 21, 2018
Can you link to the GSC Evolution Editor that you used? The only one that I can find by searching isn't compatible with Crystal.

A Moon Gust

Banned
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2023
I finally beat the whole game , as in got 16 badges, beat Red and the elite four twice. I really enjoyed the game but I have one question. Why is the battle tower not working?

Years
Why is the battle tower not working?
Because the trainers have not been changed. I had plans to update the battle tower in the future so I left it close. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be working on it in the near future.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
Because the trainers have not been changed. I had plans to update the battle tower in the future so I left it close. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be working on it in the near future.
That's a huge letdown. Maybe get some help to work on the Battle Tower?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
(After a chain of lurking on this site for a year or so, you made me make an account!)

I don't have anything super important to say other than this hack certainly deserves a ton more attention than what it looks like it gets. I just beat the Elite Four a few days ago and I must say, this hack was excellent. It was hard, but never so hard that I just gave up and didn't come back to it. The changes to the movepools (as far as I saw, at least) were spot on and the evolution delay fit perfectly with the curve. Though maybe some of them felt a bit too late in the game.

Anyways, I see that you just mentioned not planning on progressing this particular hack, but if you do anything in the future, I can't wait to see it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 2, 2016
I'm kind of stuck :(
I'am at lavander town, already have boulderbagde and cascadebagde and I can't find the expansion for the radio in kanto :/ Someone can help me?

A Moon Gust

Banned
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2023
I'm kind of stuck :(
I'am at lavander town, already have boulderbagde and cascadebagde and I can't find the expansion for the radio in kanto :/ Someone can help me?

Theres some guy in Vermillion who stole a doll from this girl is Saffron. Talk to the people in vermillion fan club and then go to saffron and speak to that copycat girl to give her the doll and then she gives you the expn radio thingy

Years
I'm kind of stuck
You still need more kanto badges in order to get the kanto radio upgrade for the pokeflute. If you only have two kanto badges there are still more places and gyms you can go to before needing to awaken the snorlaxes.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
I've found a bug: After beating Blaine, the door to the gym doesn't open back up until you save and reset.

Anyways, wow, that last Trainer House battle was pretty tough with my low 90s team. I was kinda shocked, since level 100 ingame trainers usually aren't nearly as hard. It's amazing how much difference a few EVs make. Granted, I didn't use hold items (gotta keep that Lucky Egg on), but it was a challenge. I'm wondering how the second E4 or Red's gonna top 3 level 100 ubers along with the dogs. Though that reward's definitely gonna help me with the damn birds.

Only one complaint: Damn does that HP bar drop slooooooooow in the postgame. If it's possible, could you make some way for the HP bar to go down at the same speed no matter what you fight? Some pokemon *cough*Blissey*cough* take 30+ seconds to drop.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
So I'm getting really irritated with the Ecruteak move tutor. I'm trying to teach my Tentacruel Substitute and Swords Dance, but he randomly keeps suggesting bad moves (Rage, Bide, Skull Bash, etc.). Mind revealing how I can get him to teach my pokemon the moves that I actually WANT him to learn?

EDIT: Also, are "event exclusive" moves able to be taught by him as well? Such as Nidorina/Nidorino learning "Lovely Kiss" for example.

Last edited:
Back