• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would YOU do in a certain scenario?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
A) Stop and level grind Pikachu. It is too early to evolve him and there are plenty of water or grass Pokemon available to cover his Grass type weakness. Also Pikachu can learn Volt Tackle.

You are a young trainer from Kanto and arrive in Celadon City. You see a strange old man staring through the window of the Gym. What do you do next?

A) Inform Gym Leader Erika of the Peeping Tom.
B) Battle the Old Man with your Venomoth.
C) Talk to the Old Man and persuade him to leave.
D) Call Professor Oak for advice.

Years
A) I would tell Erika about it. I thought about fighting him off with Venomoth, but he might come back. The girls need to know that it may not be safe, look out for the creep.

You see a Pokemon trainer beating their poor, lovely, innocent deerling on the side of the road. What will you do?

A) Go to the trainer and tell them that what they are doing is wrong, show them your pokemon and how to raise Pokemon with love. A lot of trainers are kids who just don't know what they're doing.

B) Send your strongest Pokemon out to punish this bully, and take the deerling with you! This trainer has no right it. It will grow strong and have a happy life in your care.

C) Report this to Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny. You are disturbed by what you saw, but think this situation needs to be handled by an authority figure not you. Taking someone else's Pokemon or confronting a violent person could lead to consequences.

D) Ignore them as you walk by. You don't see what this has got to do with you.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I'm choosing (B), for sure! Go away, bully! I want my own Deerling. >:(

You learned that there is a secret dungeon with a Legendary Pokémon at the end! However, the dungeon is a giant, confusing maze... And to make things worse, you will have to deal with a wild Pokémon encounter for every single step you take in that dungeon. What will you do?

(a) Top-secret dungeons with treasure at the end? And the treasure is none other than a Legendary Pokémon? YEAH, TIME TO CHARGE RIGHT IN!
(b) Ugh, a wild encounter at every single step?! Nope nope nope.
(c) Try exploring the dungeon for a few minutes, but get the heck out of there if it ends up being too annoying.
(d) Spend every last bit of your hard-earned cash on Max Repels... and then cry once you run out of Repels in the middle of the dungeon, oops.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
C

What would you do if you got a letter delivered to you by a Dragonite that says to go to the New Island and you don't even know who sent the letter?

A) Go to the New Island and find out what's there and who sent you the letter?
B) Ignore the letter thinking it might be a trap?
C) Look up online to find out what the New island is before you go there?
D) Report the letter since you don't know who sent the letter?

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
C) It will be good to know what the New Island is.

You are a trainer on their final Johto Gym Badge. The good news is that Clair is down to her last Pokemon. The bad news is it's her Kingdra (Which you were informed was problematic beforehand) and you are down to your last two Pokemon, a Venomoth which is now at -6 in accuracy and a Typhlosion which will almost assuredly faint to Kingdra's Surf if you switch in. Worse luck Clair still has a Full Restore and you have no Revives but just one Hyper Potion. Your Venomoth has Psywave, Sludge Bomb, Poison Powder and Leech Life. What do you do?

A) Switch in Typhlosion which will faint but Venomoth's accuracy modifiers will be reset.
B) *Anime Dramatic Music* 'I'm not done yet. Venomoth Sludge Bomb.'
C) Curse your luck, lose and go grind for a while.
D) Similar to Ash Ketchum claim you forgot to bring an important Pokemon. Note if you do this Clair WILL laugh at you and you will lose.
E) 'Venomoth Poison Powder' That Kingdra can't last forever.

Last edited:
Years
B) Venomoth sludge bomb! Venomoth sounds like its still in good health other than the accuracy mod. It still has opportunities to get some damage off on Kingdra. + Typhlosion is faster than Kingdra. If Venomoth does eventually fall Typhlosion will be able to outspeed and kill a softened up Kingdra before any surf comes our way!

You find a shiny Celebi at the end of your Johto journey and hold in your hand the master ball from Prof Elm. However, Celebi pleads with you telepathically, asking you not to catch it. Its place is here to look after all of the creatures of the forest, it wants to stay the protector and not leave to travel from region to region with you.

A) Catch Celebi. What self-respecting pokemon trainer would walk away? This is a once in a lifetime chance, and Celebi wil make a great addition to your team on the path to becoming a Pokemon master! Celebi's just probably shy of strangers, most Pokemon are reluctant at first but an honorable life in battle awaits Celebi!

B) Leave it be and continue your adventure. If it really feels this strongly I will not catch it. I wanted Celebi with me, but I also want it to be happy and I care about the forest. Maybe taking it away would even upset the balance of the natural world?

C) Agree to a compromise with Celebi. It has to come with you, but if there is a side quest that needs performing in the forest you will gladly help Celebi in do its work here before it travels with you.

D) Decide that you are going to live in the enchanted forest with Celebi instead. That way Celebi is happy but you also have a rare pokemon with you forever. Life here could be even more fun than the trainer's life you enjoyed before.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
C) By doing this it also prevents other trainers from catching him and Celebi can still guard the forest under this agreement. Most Battle facilities do ban him after all anyway.

Whilst travelling on your journey in Johto you see a dog like creature with a dark blue mane racing past you. A strange man called Eusine approaches you saying the creature you saw was Suicune but in all his years he has not seen it with a mane of such a vivid blue colour. As you hold all eight Johto badges he asks you for help in tracking down this mysterious beast. He requests your help immediately even though he knows you are heading to the Pokemon League. How do you respond?

A) Agree to help him locate the Suicune but insist that you shall be the one to fight it.
B) Ask him for all the information he has on Suicune and for the best way to catch it. As a reward for his life's work you will allow him to catch it.
C) Inform him you have a League to win and will not help him.
D) You will help locate it but only on the condition that neither you nor him catch it as it is too valuble.
E) See this as an opportunity to increase your fame and have a TV crew follow you both around.

Years
I'm leaning towards D) Sounds fascinating! I would be eager to come on a journey to learn about this wondrous being but not necessarily capture it. I would respect its boundaries, unless Suicune indicates that it is ready to come with one of us.

You beat the pokemon league and visit your mom as champ. While in New Bark Town you get a phone call from the dragon master in Blackthorn city, congratulating you on skill that surpasses even his grandson Lance. He informs you that today is a special day on the dragon clan calender. There is a secret passageway below the dragon's den, a magical door that can only be opened for 3 hours by light of the sun when the earth is in this position. Behind the door is the shiny garden, a paradise filled with shiny Pokemon and Pokemon with egg moves and abilities not thought possible from tailglow Charizards to Dragon Dance Garchomps and striking new species of Pokemon yet to be discovered. He invites you to this preserve, but warns you to make haste! You must be there before noon or the garden will vanish. You race from your house only to crash into Prof Elm. Elm says breathlessly that he has taken on more Feraligatrs, Typhlosion and Meganium than he can handle. Many different starter eggs are hatching, some of them are having complications at birth. There are hundreds of Pokemon and begs you to help him see that every Pokemon comes into the world safe, administer medicine, take care of the mothers and give out starters to new trainers today. This may take all day. What to do?

A) Definitely keep going to the Shiny Garden. Tell Prof Elm that he is being unreasonable, you are not a doctor. This is his responsiblity and his assistants not yours.

B) Reluctantly go to the Shiny Garden, you sympathize but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If there is still work to do once you get back though then you will gladly volunteer some help with what you can.

C) Definitely Prof Elm. The lives of many Pokemon could hang in the balance, there are more important things than just catching Pokemon. I will stay behind and help out.

D) Reluctantly Prof Elm. I wanted to visit the Shiny garden but I would feel bad if something happened to a Pokemon here. I'll see what I can do here, and maybe there will still be some time left to visit the garden when we're done or perhaps the Dragon Master will save me a Pokemon?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
D

Which Pokemon will you use to defeat Gym Leader Iris/Drayden?

A) Vanillish
B) Beartic
C) Druddigon
D) Your first Pokemon you got from Professor Juniper

Years
B) Beartic happens to be the Pokemon I used to sweep Drayden and all of the trainers in his gym in Black.

On your way home a Persian crosses your path. The cat pokemons leads you to a mysterious business man standing in shadow. It is Giovanni, former boss of Team Rocket. He reveals that his son Silver has been kidnapped by disgruntle members of the disbanded Team Rocket. They mean to indoctrinate him, forcing him to inherit his father's legacy and become the leader in Giovanni's absence. Giovanni wants to hire you to infiltrate team Rocket and get Silver out. Giovanni, acknowledges your skill despite your differences in the past. He holds your ideals in contempt, but believes that they can serve him now. He doesn't want Looker, Officer Jenny, he thinks they are all incompetent. He wants you!

A) Send Giovanni away and tell him to try the Looker Bureau again. Your rival Silver would probably not save you if he could. This is dangerous and you don't want to get yourself and your Pokemon involved or hurt.

B) Work out a plan with Giovanni and gather your strongest Pokemon for the job. Silver has a lot of problems, but everyone can be better. Nobody deserves to be held hostage, besides now is the time to clean up Team Rocket once and for all.

C) Agree to work with Giovanni but let's start with salary. You want millions of pokedollars and favors in return, property, a gym. If you have to rescue that brat it better b worth it!

D) Send out your Pokemon to attack Giovanni and restrain him, then call the police to arrest him. Not only will I not help an ex mafia boss, I'm going to make sure he goes to jail for his previous crimes in Kanto!

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
B) I would work out a plan and use my strongest pokemon although Team Rocket is a pushover anyways, using my strongest pokemon against a bunch of weak zubats and rattata is overkill. Helping Silver would be worth it so I can see his reaction at being kidnapped by a bunch of weak losers.

Ideally I'd actually obliterate Giovanni's weak skills and save Silver myself then battle him and also destroy him and his embarrassing pokemon skills like father like son.

You are a beginning trainer and are late to the pokemon lab down the street in Littleroot Town. Prof. Birch is sorry to inform you that all three Hoenn starters have been taken. And you were just about to begin your pokemon journey across Hoenn too. Now you have limited options left on what to do next...

A) Wait a month and see if Birch can obtain a new batch of Hoenn starters

B) Go to Petalburg and ask the gym leader Norman to borrow a pokemon and use it to catch your own like Wally

C) Choose his last available pokemon that is disobedient and freshly caught: Plusle

D) Ignore everything Birch says and steal his Johto starters in the back.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
B

You have arrived at Nimbasa City. Where do you visit first?

A) Pokemon Center?

B) Musical Theater?

C) Big Stadium?

D) Battle Institute?

E) Rondez-View Ferris Wheel and amusement park?

F) Nimbasa Gym?

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
A) My Pokemon probably need healing before I go to the Gym.

Valentine's Day is approaching and Professor Oak has forgotten to buy his Valentine a gift. What's more all of the card shops are sold out. Oak is too busy to go to Celadon to buy something so will have to improvise. As League Champion Oak trusts your judgement. What do you suggest he gets his Valentine's Date?

A) A starter Pokemon. Unfortunately Oak cannot remember what his date's favourite Pokemon type is.
B) A Shiny Heart Shaped Gym Badge. Oak was said to be a great trainer in his youth.
C) A Random Pokemon he catches. Maybe Pikachu.
D) A lab coat. Maybe Oak's date will take an interest in his work.
E) A Pokedex although you have no idea if Oak's date is a Pokemon Trainer.

Years
B) I will go with the heart-shaped shiny badge and we can put it on a nice chain and turn it into a pretty locket for her to wear!

You are the captain of the SS Anne and on the middle of your voyage the ship gets a huge Cloyster caught in its propeller blade. The enraged Cloyster lodges itself free, but launches spike canon into the side of your ship. It hits 5 times! The ship will sink. Even worse! There aren't enough lifeboats thanks to those fool architects Jesse and James. What do we do cap'n?

A) Get as many people as you can into the life boats right now, not everyone will make it but at least some of us will definitely live. When the last life boat is filled and nowhere sadly to put anyone else you take your Starmie, tie it to a raft and seat everyone who can fit, sacrificing yourself for most of the passengers. You will stay with and comfort anyone left, advise them to climb on top of furniture to stay out of the cold water, and pass out life jackets. You got them to this situation, and you will be there for them.

B) Everything above, except I would not die on the ship. Its my Starmie, I'm going to be one of the people to surf away on it. Hopefully some of those people have a water Pokemon that know surf too!

C) Get out your Machamp and ask your crew to bring any useful Pokemon they have too. Try to work on repairing the damage to the ship. Its a long shot, but the way we might save everyone is if we keep this ship afloat! Fight and maybe we will get to shore, or at least go down swinging!

D) Unleash your Drowzee to communicate telepathically to any other ships passing by that we need rescue immediately. Send out your vulpix to aim flamethrower after flamethrower at the sky as your distress flare, praying that someone sees it and help can get here in time for us all.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
C) *Anime Dramatic Music Plays* We must repair rhe ship.

You are a young scientist from Kanto searching for Helix Fossils when you stumble across a Sun shaped stone. It glows with a bright orange light as bright as a Fire Stone. You think this might be an elemental stone. What do you do next?

A) Rush back to the lab and show everyone the discovery. The world must know this discovery.
B) Call Professor Oak immediately and ask him for advice.
C) Throw away your scientific principles and make it into a necklace and give it to the beauty you like. She might go out with you now.
D) Deduce it is just a nice stone and ask the Pewter Museum to put it on display.

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
C) *Anime Dramatic Music Plays* We must repair rhe ship.
Aw, I'm late... still, I approve that choice because
it does, seem quite unreasonable, but if we already nailed it back in Almia,
we can do it once more! (how large could the holes be anyway? Not larger
than this one for sure...)

Okay, about the scenario you proposed...
B : I'd personally ask for the council of docent Samuel Oak before doing anything else.

Okay, now let's see... *miniremo noises*

You're a fan-dev/rom hacker,
gQ2FZSS.jpg

and right now you're trying to decide what soundtrack to use on a main location
(can be a settlement, route or dungeon)... what are you gonna go for?

A) A recurrent core-game soundtrack : their recurrence makes them versatile and thus using them more wouldn't hurt...
B) A core-game soundtrack specific to a single area : they weren't reused, and could thus use some attention.
C) Core-game OSTs are overused, whereas nobody seems to remember the sidegames : taking a gem from those would
bring something anew to those unfamiliar with it and touch the hearts of the few who know where said track comes from!
D) Why limit ourselves to just the Pokémon franchise? There's loads of works of fiction out there!
F) Nah, those would clash with the game, better seek for some royalty free music.
G) I have the tools and knowledge, might as well compose myself!

(note : you may add conditions to your choice... after all, you're the fan-dev/rom hacker ;) )

Last edited:
Years
B) Because I know what my ROM Hack would be about. Pokemon Black Ideals. You would play as N. Help him take his place as King of Team Plasma, defeat Hilbert and usher in Ghetsis' world of Pokemon Liberation. I would need N's themes specifically to do this.

Its Valentine's in Johto. There are four ladies who could use your help. Whitney is baking Valentine's day cake for the girls at her Gym. Clair longs for an ancient dragon scale that fell from a shiny Dragonair to adorn her beauty. Jasmine is starting a charity that buys potions for poor and unforunate trainers. Karen has a bunch of newly hatched eevees that could use some exp to evolve into Umbreons. Which lady would you rather help?

A) Whitney. Milk the Miltank with her, help churn the milk into butter. Get out the flour, turn up the oven and cook with Whitney.

B) Clair. Search the Dragon's den for the scale, then be as creative as you can. Paint glass beads to add, gather sea shells. Present Clair with jewelry fit for a queen!

C) Jasmine. Visit the Pokemart with her and agree to buy lots of healing items with her, together travel door to door and dispense medicine with Valentines Day cards you made with Jasmine.

D) Karen. Accompany her for a midnight picnic with her eevees, then a long walk, handling the cute eevees on leashes. Walking helps increase a Pokémon's happiness. While its still dark let her eevees defeat your Pokemon so they can level up and evolve into Umbreon now.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
C) It sounds like the most noble thing to do as it will also help unfortunate trainers.

You are a young beauty trainer in Johto. By decree of Professor Oak you need to work as a Gym Trainer to help teach you discipline. Professor Elm agrees with this but has talked Oak into letting you choose which Gym you work at. However you must catch Pokemon of that type yourself. Where do you choose?

A) Whitney's Gym. It is the only All - Girl in the area so making friends should be easy and Normal types are very easy to find. The question is if you want to work for Whitney.
B) Morty's Gym. Morty is said to be very likeable but the Gym Trainers are much older than you so making friends will be tricky. Also you are not sure Ghost types fit your image.
C) Jasmine's Gym. Jasmine may quite possibly be the most pleasant person in the whole of Johto but she currently has no Gym Trainers and Steel types are very hard to find.
D) Clair's Gym. Using Dragon Pokemon will bring you prestige but Pokemon of such a type are incredibly hard to find. Lance has talked Clair into allowing you to use the Horsea line if need be but note Clair can be difficult to work with at the best of times.

Last edited:
Years
D) Clair's gym. Part of me would be scared because she would be critical and stern I think. But working with dragons is what I would most want to do.

You are shopping and find a clearance shelf with 4 striking items left. You only have money for 1. The first is a set with 2 Pichu dolls in 1 box, the one on the left has a spiky ear. The second is a big Pikachu plush with 5 sets of cosplay costumes to put on him. The third is an Alolan Raichu that can ride its tail with the most subtle use of electronics. The last doll is a Mimikyu in his shiny form and a letter from Mimikyu to its new owner, a child-like scrawl thanking you for being its friend. Which doll do you buy? Only 1.

A) The Pichus
B) The Pikachu
C) The Raichu
D) The Mimikyu

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
D) The Mimikyu. The note is very cute and a Shiny Mimikyu is very hard to find.

You have a team of five Pokemon. Your mom is worried about you and insists you pick up a flying type for your sixth member so you can visit home when need be. What do you choose?

A) Pidgeot. It is a classic Pokemon.
B) Noctowl. Very useful, especially at nightime.
C) Braviary. An imposing bird.
D) Mandibuzz. A bulky bird with great defences.
E) Talonflame. Also great for hatching eggs.

Last edited:
Back