• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon site by... Gecko???

Gecko

Animaster
Years
I know, I know... Why would the guy that hates pokemon make a site about it... Well I can't really explain it.
But I have this feeling that I need to do it... Years ago when I first started with sites and pokemon I had this feeling during my first site. I miss that feeling and so I wanna make a site to give me back that feeling.
However I still can't help hating the new generation pokemon stuff... so the site is gonna be called "Pokemon: Old School"
And is going in debth focus on the original 3 games and the starting season of the TV show... Since we only focus on oneperiod the content will be much better, and easier to do. plus it will be the best site to introduce newbies to Pokemon.

Anyways... Since I'm mostly good at site maintainance, and I already got sites to take care of -_-. I wanna see who here wants to join me for this project as a staff member and forum mod/admin (we'll see which).
But you need to have an extended knowledge of the old Pokemon games and TV show, plus the first, and possibly second movie. You need to be dedicated and doing content, so I don't just want someone who wants to pick up the chance of becoming a mod/admin at a forum. This will be a little more seriouse then that...

Anyway. Reply here if interested. Or if you just have comments on this project...

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
Cool. Although, I have to say, try to accept the new pokemon. I'm sure you will find it in your heart to like them just as much as the older ones. It is ironic that some of the newer ones existed (not in the game) back when pokemon was new and people don't like them. Anyone recall Ho-oh in episode 1?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 27, 2009
You will never know unless you try, I say go for it, but yes SA is right, the other pokemon did exist back then(the 1st episode w/Ho-oh in it was just last ween on Cartoon Network) so i say do atleast 1st and 2nd gen.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
Years
There will always be someone to be staff. Open it, post it again and people will want to be staff...

And why do you goto PC if you hate pokemon? @@

Gecko

Animaster
Years
XD lol... no, but I was the 1st official member of the PC and I enjoy coming to the webmasters section... 99% of my posts are in this section :P

Anyways, yes it's true people will wanna be staff members. But these kind of staff members are often very lazy and are only looking for chaces at becoming mods at forums and stuff like that. I'm looking for people who are more seriouse...

Gecko

Animaster
Years
Ok, well, I got a new staff member. Seems to be pretty dedicated...
So the project is on and I've kind of already gotten working on the layout.

We could still use some staff members to write content. You need to be dedicated and have a good nowledge of retro pokemon.

Gecko

Animaster
Years
Yepp you are ^_^

Anyways... Luckally, I managed to get a few things working. The layout is done, sorta (Got a few more details to fix)... And I even managed to get a page of content in there ^_^. Read about it on the updates (Home) page.

So tell me whatcha think?
And for those who are willing to work, we still need more content writers.

HERE IT IS! http://www.theatn.net/pos/

Back