• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All instruments voicegroup

GreasyGarlic

Banned
Years
All Instruments Voicegroup (V2)
After seeing Alisa180's patch for an all instrument voicegroup I thought, "Hey this would actually be good if it didn't use the Windows' midi instruments." So, I decided to make my own patch that has every in-game instrument and actual sounds like the default Fire Red samples.
Download
View attachment All Instruments.ips (For clean ROMs.)
View attachment All Instruments.bin (For previously edited ROMs.)
How To Install
IPS
Simply, take your clean Fire Red ROM and apply the ips using Lunar IPS and change your voicegroup offset to 0x071A240 in Sappy.
BIN
Firstly, you will need to find 1536 bytes of free space in your ROM. Second, you will have to open the attached BIN file and your ROM in a HEX editor. Next, go to the offset that you found your free space, in your ROM, at and paste in the whole contents of the BIN file at said offset. Lastly, in Sappy set the voicegroup to the offset where you pasted in the BIN file at.

Last edited:

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
But what does it actually DO?

This patch provides a voicegroup that has R/S/E/FR/LG instruments assigned to the general MIDI standard. This makes it easier and more convenient for music ROM hackers because with this, they don't have to find the right voicegroup that will match the MIDI/song that they will be inserting, and can use this one instead.
As said in the OP, the All instrument patch also does this, but that one has general MIDI instruments/samples, which may not be desirable for other people.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
I'm having problems with this patch. I applied it to a clean 1.0 FireRed rom, but when I inserted my song, it muted the bass track. This did not happen when I inserted the same song into one of the default voicegroups.

Screenshots of Sappy and Anvil Studio:
JIFBGPH.png

ncji2Hn.png

GreasyGarlic

Banned
Years
I'm having problems with this patch. I applied it to a clean 1.0 FireRed rom, but when I inserted my song, it muted the bass track. This did not happen when I inserted the same song into one of the default voicegroups.

Screenshots of Sappy and Anvil Studio:
JIFBGPH.png

ncji2Hn.png

The acoustic bass doesn?t exist.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
I tried using the saw bass (MIDI #82), but that didn't work either. Is there some sort of amplitude cap on this patch? Because the exact same MIDI arrangement worked fine with one of the game's default voicegroups.

GreasyGarlic

Banned
Years
I tried using the saw bass (MIDI #82), but that didn't work either. Is there some sort of amplitude cap on this patch? Because the exact same MIDI arrangement worked fine with one of the game's default voicegroups.

That one is my fault. I have to update the patch because I accidentally made all of the square voices unplayable in game because sappy likes to keep random FF bites in the voicegroup.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
It would be a great help to aspiring Emerald hackers for this patch to ported to EM, seeing as
Emerald is fast becoming the preferred ROM thanks to Dizzy's engine.

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
Years
Really sorry if I'm revising this.
Just was wondering if a new patch is near complete that fixes the square issues.
Great work on this by the way!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
Fantastic! Thanks to you, I will be able to add 8-bit sounds to my game, where Pokemon Ash Gray will feature re-colored GBC sprites.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 14, 2022
I patched a clean Fire Red ROM and changed the voicegroup offset of one of the default songs to 0x071A240, and then the song became a bunch of 8-bit gurgling. What did I do wrong?

Back