• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen What was your starter

calenlily

Water trainer with a Rowlet addiction
Years
Moon: Rowlet
Ultra Moon: Litten
Ultra Moon, 2nd run: Rowlet
Ultra Sun: Rowlet

I swear I'm gonna pick Popplio one of these days, but I've just gotten so attached to Rowlet... I <3 my birb. Only generation I've ever picked the grass starter, and it's become my all-time favorite Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
In Moon, a Litten I took all the way to the champion battle with an Everstone. It was leveled in the 40's.

In Ultra Sun, I picked Litten but boxed it immediately. First time I'd ever played a game without the starter all the way through.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 29, 2019
Rowlet will always be my seventh generation starter. I just love that round owl.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
moon: popplio
sun: rowlet
ultramoon: litten

wow!!!!!!!!!! nice............ i've yet to play ultrasun but i'll probably go the poppy route

Years
I used Rowlet lineon my Sun version because it was my favorite of the 3 starter lines.
When USUM came out I picked Litten as it is my second favorite starter line from Alola.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Yea I chose Rowlet like many here, best design in my opinion.

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
Years
I used Rowlet during Moon, as I had been set on it from the moment the starters were announced, and barn owls are my favorite owl. When Ultra Sun came out I used Popplio, since my initial negative views on it had changed and I wanted to give it a second chance after failing to complete the journey with it in Moon. I can now say that as much as I love my Decidueye, Baccharis, Primarina stole the show overall for me as a starter for the region.

I mean, I do like Incineroar, I just like the other two a bit more. It's kinda what happened to my opinion of the Hoenn starters too, I like all three plenty but prefer two over one. Unlike the Hoenn starters though, I can use Decidueye and Incineroar in other games, making my choice easier for the main story.

The Bellossom boi

I used Rowlet in S/M and US/UM. I also breed a Popplio in a Moon adventure also.

Years
I chose Rowlet. No regrets. I would just have preferred keeping the Flying type with his second evolution.

BananaBreadGuy

Displeased rodent
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen May 20, 2020
AwnertF.png
Popplio in Pokémon Moon because they were just sort of my favorite, Rowlet in my second playthrough of Moon, and Litten in Ultra Sun

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I started with Popplio, per my usual water starter preference. I've thought about doing another run on a spare copy of Ultra Sun with Rowlet at some point, but haven't felt the urge to do so yet. And there's something I've come to take for granted about having a water type early on after so many years of doing so. It feels weird not to have water type moves available from fairly early on in the game.

Back