• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team Story Event Structure

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2020
As the title suggests, I have started researching Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, specifically it's story event scripts. While I have seem a few hacks of this series making changes to it's dungeons and dialogue, I would like to provide the ability to fully modify the entire story and events down to the animation, sound effects, Pokemon, and background graphics. I'd love to see more unique and complete hacks of this series as I am a huge fan.​

Seeing as this is a massive undertaking with plenty of uncharted territory, I will be focusing this thread exclusively on the structure of story events using the first event (the Tiny Woods) as a reference. Each post will highlight a specific aspect of how the event functions and how it fits into the the overall format and creation of scenes. In the end, I hope this complete breakdown of will aid in the creation of more PMD ROM hack projects such as mine.​

My next post will start with story events: Their naming conventions and how they are called. Till then, happy coding!​

Story Event:Dungeon Event Names
Spoiler:

Story Event:DXXPYY Key Offsets
Spoiler:

Story Event:Dungeon Event Structure Basics
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back