• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, Well with the DSi & Dsi XL and I assume the 3DS not having GBA slots, means R/S/E won't be compatible with the current handheld consoles (DSi, Dsi XL and so on) therefore after 5th gen it's a higher possibility it will be remade.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2010
i didnt like the fifth gen it had good starters and legends but they wernt tat good compared to others

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
Then by this extension they'd have to remake FireRed/LeafGreen.

I doubt they would remake them as HGSS have Pal Park which can interact with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I doubt they would remake them as HGSS have Pal Park which can interact with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

The dsi and dsi xl doesn't have dual slot capabillities.

I would really buy them, would bring back memories.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
Years
I kinda just bought soulsilver to get legendaries that i wasnt able to catch ( no lugia event or ho oh event for me )
but i wouldn't buy those two remakes.... i already can get those pokemon so i dont really care.... if there was a new pokemon maybe i'd consider it but if there is no change in gameplay then why would you buy it.... doesnt make sense
the only thing cool about 3rd gen was abilities and mudkip

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
It would make sence if they remade R/S they've already remade R/B, Now G/S therefore it would make sence if they remade R/S next, with the Dsi and upcoming handhelds being incompatible with GBA games.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
I dont think the will make a Ruby/Sapphire remake as most of the legendaries in Hoenn can now be found in the 4th gen games... I would love to see a remake though, or at least I would love to see the return of the HM move dive.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 12, 2016
My personal opinion, give it a few years and a remake probably will happen.
I'd be pleased with this as I never played through the Hoenn reigon.

Godofurii

Determined Trainer
Years
I think they will make a R/S/E Remake after Black and White are released and then they'll make a 5th Gen remake of D/P/Pl then make a 6th Gen game, 6th Gen Remake of Black and White etc etc.

adamskillz

Trainer to the STARS!
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
i think they'll remake these games in Gen V.

The gen I games were remade 2 gens later in Gen III and the Gen II games were remade 2 gens later in Gen IV.

I think RSE will follow this pattern

blue

gucci
Years
I think they will make a R/S/E Remake after Black and White are released and then they'll make a 5th Gen remake of D/P/Pl then make a 6th Gen game, 6th Gen Remake of Black and White etc etc.

Lol, it's going to go on forever, remakes after remakes, soon it will be remakes of remakes :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
Nintendo said that the pokemon company would be making a game on the 3ds. the japanese website said that the 5th generation pokemon games would be made on the ds, and they make a remake every other generation. IM BETING ON A REMAKE!

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
I probably would buy a Ruby/Sapphire re-make, I loved the originals. The only re-make I wouldn't buy is a Diamond/Pearl remake. I regret buying Pearl in the first place. e_e But I wouldn't be surprised if Ruby/Sapphire were remade, seeing that Red/Blue and Gold/Silver were.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
i hope they do, i loved the R/S/E series ^_^
especially Wally :D

and with the remakes thingy,
i reckon nintendo will keep remaking pkmn to suit the new consoles out,
lets face it, pkmn is an awesome adventure, lets not leave the early gens out xD ;)

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
Why would they remake a remake? I would see them skipping out on FireRed and LeafGreen and just moving on to make Diamond and Pearl, right?

:laugh: if only you knew the story I had to tell on that. XD

Esper-chan

Mmmm... Crunchy! :D
Years
I would buy them! I'd love to play through the hoenn reigon again! I really loved Ruby and Sapphire, they had so many new things! (Back when it was introduced)

That, and i want to battle Team Magma and Team Aqua again! And i wanna be able to catch Regice, Regirock and Registeel on a DS game without having to go to an event!

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
Years
Personally i would like a whole new game with different concepts, than nintendo just rehashing old concepts. You don't have to have the hoenn region to make a game with primarily 3rd gen pokemon.
Its kinda like, been there done that, kthxbai
Plus the baddies in hoenn sucked, can you say eco terrosism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back