• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Persona: D[M]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
Persona: D
-»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--» ◊ «--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«-

. 0 Traveler .
. I Wizard .
. II Princess .
. III Queen .
. IV King .
. V Priest .
. VI Dancer .
. VII Knight .
. VIII Champion .
. IX Scholar .
. X Gambler .
. XI Paladin .
. XII Commoner .
. XIII Reaper .
. XIV Monk .
. XV Prisoner . [Chloe Furukawa]
. XVI Keeper .
. XVII Child .
. XVIII Drunkard .
. XIX Noble .
. XX Judge .
. XXI Lord . [Vinny Marino]
-»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--» ◊ «--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«-

Thou art I and I art Thou

With the Birth of your Persona,
The Power to defy Fate awakens.

Realize this Power, the Power of Freedom,
And so too the World will be freed.

-»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--» ◊ «--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«-​
This is a role play based on the Persona series. As such it has themes not appropriate for younger audiences. Since we are rated M, I must ask that you be 18 years or older to participate.

This RP utilizes Discord for a certain type of role playing. Similar to how dungeons and dragons requires a party to sit down together and play, so too with this role play require a time for its participants to be playing as a group. This is to ensure that the little details aren't going to take days or weeks to post since we're going to be instant messaging character actions, dialogue, and dice rolls on discord.

https://discord.gg/5dFve8a

That being said, there's still the normal kind of role playing in the IC topic which will handle the daily life aspect of persona. In essence there are two worlds to this RP and you'll miss the the full story if you cannot RP for both.

Fast mode: check your schedule for the following times in the Eastern Time Zone: 12 am to 6 am (Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday; and also 1pm to 5pm Monday through Friday.

Slow mode: playing over the course of the week more often than as if posting. I'll reply as quickly and rapidly as possible.

During one of those time slots the Discord aspect of the RP can be run by willing participants.

By willing participants I mean anyone with a character as either an individual or group. You can seek me out to run around in the Metaverse on your own. But I recommend bringing a frind, especially if you're trying to complete a dungeon. My dear shadows are quite potent on their own.

I am also seeking a CO-GM for the purpose of expanding the availability of the Discord RP time. That means if you happen to have a schedule incompatible with mine then you have the best qualification to act as a CO-GM so that more people can participate in the RP itself. Such duties would include the following: running the material prepared for combating shadows, exploration of the metaverse, and decision making with the DM. At such a point you become an essential part of the RP.​
-»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--»--» ◊ «--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«--«-​
About the World.

This RP takes place in a fictional variation of of New York city. Many things remain the same including the diversity of people, landmarks, availability of goods and services, and also the general layout of the city. What has changed are the people who live there including public officials, bits of history, additional landmarks, and some changes of law. But for the most part we're not going to pick apart that stuff, rather it is a measure to free ourselves from chains of realism in this RP.

Also the year is 20XX meaning that technology will be a bit more advanced in some areas while strangely lacking in other areas. The date will be revealed when the RP begins. Until then assume that the technology available to you is what you currently have in real life.

About the Story and You.

You are someone whose in New York for a reason whether it be for work, education, or family. You're at least 18 years of course but you could have blood from just about anywhere in the world. It is the nature of New York to attract immigrants from all around. With them they bring their cultures and their values to this port city. So you'll find everything that you can possibly imagine in New York. It's only a matter of looking in the right places.

From the new you've heard about the accidents involving variety of deaths from murder, suicide, and more. These are no strange things to New York. But these accidents are different. Seemingly stable people lose their minds randomly without notice of any signs of mental health issues. In fact the Mayor of New York was the latest victim of these mental break down. Investigations indicate no connection between victims. It's a dark time for New York. But your not going to go crazy. You've no reason to. So you're going to live your life like you always have and strive to reach your dreams and ambitions.

One of your friends has talked about picking up a hobby. He's a gamer and enjoys video games and also board games. But he's invited you to come over and play something new. He say's its a new game on the market called Dungeons of the Metaverse. Unlike the games he's asked you to play before, he says this one is simple to play and he's having other friends come to play it as well. Getting together will be a lot of fun and there will be food since everyone's bringing something.

You may know him by his first name or just as the friend of a friend. Vinny Marino is a friendly guy at the age of 19. Despite stereotypes surrounding him, he manages to make friends everywhere he goes. Since he lives with his uncle he's given a lot of freedom and somehow maintains an open schedule despite his school work.

So how did you meat Vinny?​
Signing Up.

To sign up for the RP you need to write a short bio about your character. It should involve the name, age, current life, and some origin. All characters need to be at least 18 years old but can otherwise be from any background.

Oh, one more thing. Claim one of the 21 remaining cards in the OP. Eventually in character, the group will decide what role they will be taking in the game of Dungeons of the Metaverse. As the DM, Vinny needs the XXI Lord. But with 21 other cards open including 0 Traveler, there's a lot of space for participation.

If you're wondering about Persona stuff you'll just have to wait until we begin. All the fun stuff is learned in the RP including stats, dice, and more that way you can think about your character as a person when you sign up instead of a medium for a persona.​

Last edited:

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Years
I don't know how well I'd be able to do this whole IM system, given that my timezone is GMT+7, but if you're ok with that little caveat and you're doing reservations, I'd like a spot, please (XVIII Drunkard). I'll likely have something up by tomorrow.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
I don't know how well I'd be able to do this whole IM system, given that my timezone is GMT+7, but if you're ok with that little caveat and you're doing reservations, I'd like a spot, please (XVIII Drunkard). I'll likely have something up by tomorrow.

Gmt+7 according to Google is 1 hour behind eastern. So my availability schedule is just an hour forward from your time. Do you see anywhere that you're gonna be regularly matching?

Parivir

Years
Gmt+7 according to Google is 1 hour behind eastern. So my availability schedule is just an hour forward from your time. Do you see anywhere that you're gonna be regularly matching?

Uh, are you sure you've got the AMs and PMs in order because I'm pretty sure I don't live anywhere near East America haha. I can't do the weekdays because I am a human that needs sleep but the weekends are a most-of-the-time a-ok for me (not so much during august though)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
Where do you live lol??

Edit. You are 11 hours ahead of me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
Update. I will now allow the slow mode version which simply means that you can reply by IM to explore the game and wait for my reply. It's quicker than posting in the forum but much slower than being able to sit down together for play.

That means you could play even if your schedule is crazy.

Parivir

Years
Sorry that this took so long, lmao. Been too long since I last wrote an SU.

r1ZOHRh.jpg

Chloe Furukawa

Arcana Card: XV Prisoner

Appearance: With a petite and skinny frame and skin of porcelain white, Chloe often invokes an impressioin of frailty upon first meeting her. She stands at a mere 155 cm, having inherited her Japanese father's stature rather than her mother's statuesque figure. A pair of unremarkable brown eyes adorn her roundish face, accompanied by a button nose and full lips that lend themselves well to her frequent pouts. Brown hair falls in a messy bob down to her shoulders.

Chloe pays little mind to the fashion whirlwind perpetually blowing through the streets of New York City, preferring instead to dress for comfort and practicality. She most often wears layers upon layers of warm clothing, even at the height of spring and autumn; this is done because she is especially susceptible to cold-induced illnesses, what with her being remarkably skinny and having immunodeficiency over that. That being said, she does have a general preference of loud, exuberant colors in her outfits, as an attempt to rectify the glum aura she tends to radiate. Her favorite piece of clothing is a vibrant yellow overcoat that she pairs with a long striped scarf.

Personality: Chloe is a bit of a space case, her head perpetually in the clouds and her gaze always fixated on something far away. It is difficult for her to hold a conversation for long, An avid writer in her spare time, her headspace is always filled up with thoughts of plot points and characters through which she can channel her imagination. Phlegmatic by nature, she is not given to expressing a wide variety of emotions, and in most instances tends to blend into the background.

Chloe is medically trained, and despite her flighty nature takes any medical concerns very seriously. She is capable of rendering first aid and performing standard nursing procedures, and has a relatively extensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals. That being said, she recognizes that she is a complete amateur where proper healthcare is concerned, and thus does not feel comfortable recommending treatments beyond generic drugs and standard caring procedures.

Origins: Chloe was born in Springfield, Massachusetts, to a pair of college students outside of wedlock. Her father, a Japanese national who had intended to go back to Kyoto after receiving his degree, instead agreed to marry her caucasian mother and obtain a green card in the process. They settled down in Watertown, just on the outskirts of Boston, where they would remain for most of Chloe's life.

In the early stages of Chloe's pregnancy, it was discovered that Chloe's mother was HIV-positive due to an unprotected intercourse prior to her relationship with Chloe's father. Despite knowing that the disease would pass on to Chloe at birth, her parents were firm in their decision to keep the baby and do all they can to minimize the disease's impacts. Chloe, by way of treatment regimens and frequent hospital visits, was able to survive to her eighteenth year without a single life-threatening episode.
Her mother, however, was not so lucky: a week before Chloe's high school graduation, she passed away in her sleep due in part to their shared disease. In the wake of her death, Chloe and her father decided to move away from Watertown for a fresh start: their destination was New York City.

Current Life: Chloe, being fluent in both Japanese and English, is currently working as a freelance translator in New York City. She mostly does work for a game localization company, specializing in visual novels due to her affinity to writing in general. She shares a one-bedroom apartment with her father, who currently works two jobs in hope of being able to send Chloe to medical school.​

I am thou, and thou art I.
From the sea of thy soul, I come.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
Oooh, Persona RP! *eyes glitter*

I'd be quite interested in this; hopefully, it's still alive and going. Regardless, I'll probably start working on a character.

(Just without the pro-looking formatting, as I'm clueless as to how that works, and I'd just make a sad mess cx )

AND DONE!

Name: Serina Rune Norris

Arcana: Priestess/Princess

Personality: Serina is a shadow of her former self. She hangs her head low and goes through life feeling inferior to her peers. It probably wouldn't be too much of stretch to say she's developed some self-esteem issues in recent months. That isn't to say she wasn't always modest, as Serina was, but feeling so poorly about herself is a new development. What happened? Well, as the young woman would put it "my soul was crushed, never to recover". It may not be too exaggerated to say she is in a mild state of loss.

Serina's core personality, however, has remained intact. She's timid around strangers, and takes a while to fully open up to them. She is also a hardworking woman, and once she's invested, there's no stopping her until the task is complete. This pairs well with her intellect, although her forte in this domain is music. Serina can read complex notes and harmonically improvise on the fly.

It is worth noting that Serina hates being charged at, and flinches easily when surprised.

Appearance: Serina could almost serve as the textbook image for the "girl next door" look. She has a head of short, thick, unruly strawberry blond hair. Her eyes are a medium shade of brown, and a pair of thick, ruby red glasses. This does giver her a bit of strange look, but Serina manages to make it look acceptable, even endearing to some.
edc110c1213fdccaa5d0afef1b9c9d53--sad-anime-manga-anime.jpg
In terms of stature, Serina is rather unremarkable, standing an average 5'4. She has put on a bit of weight since her accident, however, and now weighs just north of 150lbs. Serina wears her pounds fairly evenly, although her chest is still pretty small. Her skin is lightly tanned, though it gets paler during the winter months.

Serina was always a modest dresser, and that hasn't changed. During cooler weather, she is often found wearing a cozy cardigan paired with a simple t-shirt and denim pants. Occasionally, her tees do sport graphics such as a treble clef, cartoon pig, or T&T dice. During the summer, the young woman will shed the sweater and opt for capris, though she keeps wearing her tees. In terms of colour, Serina isn't terribly picky, but will avoid "flashy" colours, though pink is a notable exception.

History: Serina called New York State's St. Lawrence County home for most of her life. She was born to a middle class couple, and was raised on a small farm alongside her older sister, Bridget. During their early years, the girls were rather close, with Bridget often serving as Serina's voice and sticking up for her when she found herself in a bully's crosshairs. In fact, it was through her sister that Serina was introduced to the violin, and she gravitated to it on the spot. Even after Bridget gave up the instrument, the younger girl's desire to play never faded. Unsurprisingly, as soon as she was old enough, Serina began taking violin lessons.

Although the violin was very important to Serina, she also enjoyed reading and spending time with the many animals living on the family farm. It was by interacting with them so often that she became fond of pigs, and they've been her favourite animal before she started middle school.

Serina exceled in her education; she was a hard worker and a good listener that took school seriously. This was almost the opposite of what Bridget had become, resulting in some friction between them, with both girls envying each others' strengths. Often, Serina contended with her sister's teasing and underhanded remarks, though she rarely contested.

By time Serina completed her secondary schooling, her skills with the violin were far above average. She'd played in several concerts, and even traveled to Canada for a few of them. Despite the praise she garnered, the young lady remained modest, likely due to her family's influence. One example of this can be found in her dear father's saying: "you're like an apple pie, a small piece is a treat, but too much becomes sickening. You can't let vanity spoil your sweetness". This may have been why she was stunned when her band teacher suggested applying to Julliard. It seemed to her like an absurd notion; Julliard was a highly prestigious institution and only accepted the best. However, after much insistence, the young woman was convinced to apply. Little did she anticipate a call back and the chance to audition. Littler even did she foresee being among the 7% of applicants to be admitted.

Moving to New York from a small country town was a major adjustment, made even harder by nature of Serina's shyness. She was able to move in with her older sister, however, who had moved to the Big Apple after completing beauty school. The tension between them still existed, but not enough to create an unhealthy atmosphere. Despite having a rough start, Serina slowly adapted to her new surroundings and exceled in her program. Things were looking so promising at the start of her sophomore year…

And then, in a flash, everything changed. While taking a walk around the city one evening, Serina was struck by a drunk teenager that was speeding. The accident was major, and left the young woman with a shattered hand. Although the doctors insisted she was lucky it was savable, Serina knew her career was in jeopardy. At the same time, her parents insisted on taking the intoxicated teen to court and sue for damages, which proved to be a grueling time for the family. The result didn't help too much, though he was responsible for providing some financial compensation, it wasn't nearly what was being asked. Perhaps more frustrating, however, was the judge buying the defense's "Alluenza" argument. This resulted in a sentence that, according to Serina, "was little better then a slap on the wrist".

Despite enduring painful surgeries, following doctors' orders, and undergoing gruelling physiotherapy, Serina did not fully recover. Her hand simply could not preform as it once could, which resulted in her inability to play to violin professionally; her worst fear. She has since developed a feeling of uselessness, and feels lost to this day.

Despite no longer being a student a Julliard, Serina still lives in New York, and works part-time at a gaming shop. During her ordeal, one of the girls she shared a hospital room with introduced her to video games. Turn-based strategies became a fast favourite, and this lead Serina to trying table top gaming. As odd a match as it was, a nerdy former violin prodigy and Tombs&Trolls. Yet, Serina's ability to improvise and analyse proved very helpful in challenging T&T campaigns. In fact, working at the shop is how Vinny came in the picture…

Last edited:
Back