• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Ability Messages without EBS or Gen 6 pack

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
Years
Hey Charizard ! Your post belongs to Pokemon essentials forum, not ressources ^^
But still, let's see your problem. What do you mean about adding ability messages?

If it's about the ability description, you'll have to go in Yourgamefolder/PBS and check abilities.txt, then add your ability message here by copy/paste an already existing line (Please keep in mind to change the number of the line since it will conflict)

If it's about adding messages that display during the battle like (Miltank was poisoned by Magikarp's poison point) then you have to code your ability to make it display a message using :

@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("YOUR TEXTMESSAGE"))

You can modify this to put a variable {1} and a variable {2} when 1 would be the pokemon's name, and 2 the ability name for example, but I don't have the whole process since I'm a noob :3

If it's anything else, please ask ^^

Years
I mean the second one.BUT LIKE IN ELITE BATTLE SYSTEM.Example-If your Pokemon has The ability "POISON POINT" then it would display -"YOURPOKEMON'S Poison Point" in black rectangular background.Just like Gen5

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
Years
Sadly, I can't help you then. I don't use EBS and It's not being supported anymore by Luka.SJ so I don't know if you'll get any help.

Back