• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokemon Crono - English Beta 2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlayer200

Sw3den H4ck3r ;d
Years
one thing i dont know why, when i patch the clean english room Ruby and then start the game it just become a white screen, is there any problem with the ips?
Although the game looks very good by reading the story and seeing the screens, countiune with your lovely job! :)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I've just finished Beta 1, and it's great! (Except for the
Grammar and Spelling Mistakes.)

The "Lance stealing your Pokemon" glitch still occurs. So I actually
have to cheat for Pokeballs to catch a Wild Poochyena instead.

The Gyarados script and the Catching Poochyena scripts are really awesome.

At the end of the Beta, I was kinda thinking of what Deathon Valley will look like.

There are suggestions that I really want you to put in the Hack.

And that is "Before, After and Defeated Trainer Battle Text Changing."
I'm kinda sick of reading the same, plain, Ruby boring texts all over again.

And the another one is, the Normal People text. (Or objects) When I talk to
the Poster or something in Rufus's Lab, it said it's a computer.
And assistant is still saying "Prof. Birch". The Prof.'s name is Rufus, right?

And one more thing... can you change the "Lance catching Gyarados"
text? It's still the Wally text.

I know the message it's really long, but can you take your time to read this?

P.S Can you hire a Grammactical Mistakes Corrector like Light Platinum?
This will make the Hack twice as better.

1. When you're chasing the Poochyena, after the point where you jump down the ledge, if you continue to chase it, a shadow (or something resembling one) appears beneath it for a split second.

2. This one is actually a script error (or, more specifically, something that wasn't changed from the original script that should have been): if you select what I assume is a poster on the wall in the lab, it says something about it being a computer that you shouldn't mess with.

3. When you're chasing after the Arcanine thieves, the second trainer you encounter, a Bug Catcher, has to actually be spoken to before the fight is initiated. The same thing happens with the female trainer.

4. The policeman who tells you that you can't go into the forest(?) without a Pokemon continues to say so even after you've caught the Poochyena.

5. Perhaps this was intentional, but nothing happens when you attempt to speak to the guy in the lab when he and Mr. Rufus are examining the poster (which apparently isn't a poster, but looks like one). The 'ping' sound is made, but he doesn't say anything.

6. I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that Mr. Rufus was the owner of the lab in the town you start out in. However, the aide behind the counter states that it belongs to Prof. Birch. (Well, technically he says that Birch is out, which is why I'm thinking that I could be mistaken.)

8. The boulders the Machoke in the Yard of Red Ville are carrying briefly turn into boxes when they move. They also make the 'ping' sound when you talk to them, but don't actually...er...say anything.

9. You can walk on (and through, in some cases) the walls, counter, goods, and tree in the Pokemon Mart in Red Ville.

10. I encountered a rather odd glitch during a battle with the Fisherman in Red Ville. This occurred right after walking on the walls in the mart, and in every battle afterward. The first indication of the glitch is the blank where the name of the Pokemon should be when the battle starts (right before it is sent out). When it is sent out, the Pokemon appears as a question mark in a black and white circle. It is at level zero, has no HP, no name, and no attacks (clicking Fight results in being told that the Pokemon is out of moves). When this glitch occurs, the battle is automatically lost (usually before the opponent gets a turn), stating that you are out of useable Pokemon, etc.

11. I'm assuming the intention was to have Pokemon appear throughout the route to Green Ville without the need for tall grass. Instead, though, the grass appears when you step on a tile, and disappears when you leave it. It's sort of glitchy, though, since it's cut in half.

7. Although this isn't an error, I did find it rather odd that the Grim Reaper-like character showed you a Pokemon (following the standard "This world is inhabited by..." etc.). It just didn't seem to fit the character, in my opinion, especially considering what else was said. Also, why does it ask where you're from (North or South) instead of asking your gender when the latter is what it actually wants to know? I think it'd be a good idea to have a custom sprite for the female as well, since you have one for the male. But again, that's just an opinion.

8. Lastly, something else that I found out-of-place was the sound of the truck at the beginning of the dream. The rain effect (including the lightening and accompanying sounds) was done quite well, but I didn't see a place for the truck sound, even in a dream setting.

Post screenshots, dude. I think Dante will be bored of reading this bunch of text.

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Years
I posted that for his benefit.
If he refuses to read it for whatever reason, why should I go out of my way to appease him? Especially if he doesn't read it due to "boredom" or laziness...>.>;

But, I'll post screenshots nonetheless. Sometimes a visual gets the point across better, anyhow.
Although, some of what I posted obviously won't benefit from a screenshot.

I'm assuming the question mark glitch is tied in with the thieving Lance glitch. I was posting errors as I went and hadn't yet bothered to check if the glitch was occurring because I no longer had any Pokemon. I assumed it had to do with walking through the walls...XP

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
This game rocks!! If you want to get rid of the the grass animation in green wood, you can change the behaveor byte to 08 instead of 02.

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Unfortunately I can not say that the HACK is great .... It is terrible that happens to me two BUGS.
1 - After I speak with LANCE the first time in the second city. My pokemon disappears. And when having access to the MENU Pokemon rom crash.
2 - In the opening HACK, the design does not appear, only the name "Pokemon" and "cron VERSION"

PS: These bugs are the latest beta you posted!

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
Years
Ummm...I have a white screen even after putting save type to flash 128k.

But looks to me like its a great one.=p

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
God.. I cant play!
Somebody help me.. its steel white screen when I use 128K speed save
What to do?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
The white screen comes up no matter what save type and what region of ruby you patch it too .

This is wierd. Oh actually Its working now but when the opening intro ends where it says "Gamefreak" and stuff there is no menu to press "New Game" its just a white screen again .

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
Years
i played it smoothly but when i was knocked out by the boss, my pokemon disappeared! Script Problem?

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
Dude I cant play in 128K and 64K save type.. i dont know what the problem..
It's steel a white screen..
remembered that after you have planned the save type you have to go on:
file ---> reset

Very nice.
The palettes are awesome and in really like the
tiles for inside the house.
thanks

How far ( how many badges ) does this beta go ?
sorry..
I haven't understood well your question..

the part where you edited the wally event was very creative. i still have more to watch but i am very impressed.
thank you

This is a rather amazing hack, it is quite obvious you are very good at scripting. I will have to play the Beta soon.
ok..

Yeah, I'm having the white screen problem too, yet I've used this base for many ruby hacks. Hmm.
Hmm...

I'm not sure if this was said yet and if it happens to everyone, but I found a weird glitch. It was just after talking to Lance and heading back home to make the delivery when I noticed it. I had walked into a patch of grass and had a void Pokemon... No HP, no image... Just a blank Pokemon...
yes..
I know of this error.
thanks for your signaling

Heya,

Unfortunately for me with no$gba i get a rom image crash and with VBA it dsnt do anything at all, not even white, just black ^^

edit: And yes i did what was said on the first page, i'm running vista, still just crashing. I have used two seperate rom bases which worked fine by themselves without the ips patch.

I used the lunar ips patch proggy
I am beginning to think that this is not a problem of the hack..

Thank for the beta. Pokemon Crono is the best
^^
no problem..
thanks to you that you play and signal me the errors :)

I tried your suggestion, but I'm still getting the white screen.
EDIT: Okay, I finally got it figured out.

Your game is in serious need of some proofreading! The overabundance of errors completely interferes with the overall experience of the game. I understand that English is not your first language, but that is no excuse for releasing a beta before even making a decent attempt at fixing those errors, whether you're the one fixing them or you make an effort to find someone who will.

With that said, I haven't gotten very far in the game, but I've already encountered several errors:

1. When you're chasing the Poochyena, after the point where you jump down the ledge, if you continue to chase it, a shadow (or something resembling one) appears beneath it for a split second.

2. This one is actually a script error (or, more specifically, something that wasn't changed from the original script that should have been): if you select what I assume is a poster on the wall in the lab, it says something about it being a computer that you shouldn't mess with.

3. When you're chasing after the Arcanine thieves, the second trainer you encounter, a Bug Catcher, has to actually be spoken to before the fight is initiated. The same thing happens with the female trainer.

4. The policeman who tells you that you can't go into the forest(?) without a Pokemon continues to say so even after you've caught the Poochyena.

5. Perhaps this was intentional, but nothing happens when you attempt to speak to the guy in the lab when he and Mr. Rufus are examining the poster (which apparently isn't a poster, but looks like one). The 'ping' sound is made, but he doesn't say anything.

6. I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that Mr. Rufus was the owner of the lab in the town you start out in. However, the aide behind the counter states that it belongs to Prof. Birch. (Well, technically he says that Birch is out, which is why I'm thinking that I could be mistaken.)

8. The boulders the Machoke in the Yard of Red Ville are carrying briefly turn into boxes when they move. They also make the 'ping' sound when you talk to them, but don't actually...er...say anything.

9. You can walk on (and through, in some cases) the walls, counter, goods, and tree in the Pokemon Mart in Red Ville.

10. I encountered a rather odd glitch during a battle with the Fisherman in Red Ville. This occurred right after walking on the walls in the mart, and in every battle afterward. The first indication of the glitch is the blank where the name of the Pokemon should be when the battle starts (right before it is sent out). When it is sent out, the Pokemon appears as a question mark in a black and white circle. It is at level zero, has no HP, no name, and no attacks (clicking Fight results in being told that the Pokemon is out of moves). When this glitch occurs, the battle is automatically lost (usually before the opponent gets a turn), stating that you are out of useable Pokemon, etc.

11. I'm assuming the intention was to have Pokemon appear throughout the route to Green Ville without the need for tall grass. Instead, though, the grass appears when you step on a tile, and disappears when you leave it. It's sort of glitchy, though, since it's cut in half.

7. Although this isn't an error, I did find it rather odd that the Grim Reaper-like character showed you a Pokemon (following the standard "This world is inhabited by..." etc.). It just didn't seem to fit the character, in my opinion, especially considering what else was said. Also, why does it ask where you're from (North or South) instead of asking your gender when the latter is what it actually wants to know? I think it'd be a good idea to have a custom sprite for the female as well, since you have one for the male. But again, that's just an opinion.

8. Lastly, something else that I found out-of-place was the sound of the truck at the beginning of the dream. The rain effect (including the lightening and accompanying sounds) was done quite well, but I didn't see a place for the truck sound, even in a dream setting.

The graphics, however, are superb. And, the traitorous assistant made me laugh.
well..
I everything want to say that I perfectly know of some errors in my English grammar..
I can accept corrections that concern the hack..
but not the criticisms.
as you have said the English it is not my first language.. therefore I think both very more wise man to avoid useless comments and to confine himself to the signalings of the errors.
Sincerely if I have chosen to make my hack in English it is because I wanted to introduce it to a greater public..
but if my effort is not appreciated me I can limit me to make the game completely in Italian.
in this way I avoid the corrections on your behalf and I simplify my job.
I speak well enough three languages to succeed in making to understand me..
it is natural that I make some errors..
then I ask you to understand..

tells this footstep to answer to your signalings..
as your message is decidedly long (and also having many other messages to which to answer) I will confine me to say OK if I don't know of these errors.

1. ok
2. ok
3. ok
4. this is not an error..
the police officer will allow you to pass only after you will have completed the mini history of Mr.RUFUS.
5.ok
6.ok
7.ok
8.ok
9.ok
10. this is not a BUG.
it is an effect that I have chosen for giving the impression that it's tall grass.
11. If you read the preceding messages you will understand that I have chosen to create two masculine Heros for this hack.
it is decidedly ugly that the writing appears:
Who are you??
- BOY
or
- BOY
??
As the histories of the two heroes will have a different beginning..
one will depart from a city to the north of the region of midamond
while the other from a city to the south.
12.ok

in every case..
thanks for your good signalings..
I am sorry only not to have enough time to answer well to all of your questions.

one thing i dont know why, when i patch the clean english room Ruby and then start the game it just become a white screen, is there any problem with the ips?
Although the game looks very good by reading the story and seeing the screens, countiune with your lovely job! :)
I don't think that this is a problem of the rom..
however thanks

I've just finished Beta 1, and it's great! (Except for the
Grammar and Spelling Mistakes.)

The "Lance stealing your Pokemon" glitch still occurs. So I actually
have to cheat for Pokeballs to catch a Wild Poochyena instead.

The Gyarados script and the Catching Poochyena scripts are really awesome.

At the end of the Beta, I was kinda thinking of what Deathon Valley will look like.

There are suggestions that I really want you to put in the Hack.

And that is "Before, After and Defeated Trainer Battle Text Changing."
I'm kinda sick of reading the same, plain, Ruby boring texts all over again.

And the another one is, the Normal People text. (Or objects) When I talk to
the Poster or something in Rufus's Lab, it said it's a computer.
And assistant is still saying "Prof. Birch". The Prof.'s name is Rufus, right?

And one more thing... can you change the "Lance catching Gyarados"
text? It's still the Wally text.

I know the message it's really long, but can you take your time to read this?

P.S Can you hire a Grammactical Mistakes Corrector like Light Platinum?
This will make the Hack twice as better.

Post screenshots, dude. I think Dante will be bored of reading this bunch of text.
some of your signalings I already knew her..
others instead no..
then thanks..
as it regards a Grammatical Mistakes Corrector..
I think about having already found him
he should be buizel9
but if you want to propose you..
you will be approved well..
I remember your first signalings of errors..
you are very efficient indeed ;)

I posted that for his benefit.
If he refuses to read it for whatever reason, why should I go out of my way to appease him? Especially if he doesn't read it due to "boredom" or laziness...>.>;

But, I'll post screenshots nonetheless. Sometimes a visual gets the point across better, anyhow.
Although, some of what I posted obviously won't benefit from a screenshot.

I'm assuming the question mark glitch is tied in with the thieving Lance glitch. I was posting errors as I went and hadn't yet bothered to check if the glitch was occurring because I no longer had any Pokemon. I assumed it had to do with walking through the walls...XP

This game rocks!! If you want to get rid of the the grass animation in green wood, you can change the behaveor byte to 08 instead of 02.
I respond always to the messages of all as you can also see in the preceding pages to this

Sorry for being rude. I didn't mean it.

To Dante: Can't wait for more updates!
ok ^^

Unfortunately I can not say that the HACK is great .... It is terrible that happens to me two BUGS.
1 - After I speak with LANCE the first time in the second city. My pokemon disappears. And when having access to the MENU Pokemon rom crash.
2 - In the opening HACK, the design does not appear, only the name "Pokemon" and "cron VERSION"

PS: These bugs are the latest beta you posted!
I have already responded to this your message on studipokemon

Ummm...I have a white screen even after putting save type to flash 128k.

But looks to me like its a great one.=p
thx..

God.. I cant play!
Somebody help me.. its steel white screen when I use 128K speed save
What to do?
I'm working for trying to understand the cause of this.

You know this is a ruby rom patch right
yes..

>_> Yes...I don't think anyone could make that kind of mistake without realizing it after 10 seconds...
mmm

The white screen comes up no matter what save type and what region of ruby you patch it too .

This is wierd. Oh actually Its working now but when the opening intro ends where it says "Gamefreak" and stuff there is no menu to press "New Game" its just a white screen again .
mmm

i played it smoothly but when i was knocked out by the boss, my pokemon disappeared! Script Problem?
O.O
this is a new error..
but I have not understood well..
could you send me an image of this bug??

Well, you should lose to the Boss, that's pretty normal, but after battleling the Boss, you lost Poochyena? That's strange.

The script error is supposed to be in the Lance script, not the Boss Script.
yes..
it's right
======================================================
p_poppo.gif
IMPORTANT SEGNALATION
from what I have been able to ascertain, the most common problem is that of the white screen..
sincerely I don't think that this is problem of the rom..
and not even a problem of the pach IPS...
because, many other succeed in playing without any problem.
The only solution that it has remained me is that the emulator used by many is not correct..
and introduces some problems with the loading of the rom.
then, my suggestion is that to unload a new version of your emulator.
I will give you the link of the same emulator used by me..

DOWNLOAD VISUALBOY ADVANCE 1.8.0 beta 3

I hope that in this way there is no problems.

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Siamo spiacenti, il mio italiano è un po 'arrugginito. Can you email me la ips per favore? il mio computer non mi lascia scaricare per qualche motivo ritardato. I cam darvi il mio indirizzo email su un PM

------
Sorry, My Italian is a little rusty. Can you email me the ips please? My computer won't let me download it for some retarded reason. I can give you my email over a PM

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
Siamo spiacenti, il mio italiano è un po 'arrugginito. Can you email me la ips per favore? il mio computer non mi lascia scaricare per qualche motivo ritardato. I cam darvi il mio indirizzo email su un PM

------
Sorry, My Italian is a little rusty. Can you email me the ips please? My computer won't let me download it for some retarded reason. I can give you my email over a PM
my contact e-mail you can find it in my profile on Pokecommunity

======================================================
p_poppo.gif
IMPORTANT SEGNALATION
however if someone continuous to have problems with the new emulator..
I put also the basic rom that I have used for the hack

*Link Removed*

Last edited by a moderator:

MrQriz

Austria's Finest
Years
i love your hack dante ^^
i like the mysterious feeling of the game and the feeling
also a compliment to the great tiles

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
With the new emulator and save type at flash 128k it works .....for 5 seconds after the little movie with the boy riding his bike and battling (which is in all ruby roms) the new game select and options is not there ......its another white screen .

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2009
1. Befor i fight with the fisher with 3 pokes, i was level 9, after the fight, wich i loss, i was again lvl 7..
2. After the Second dream, i cant leave the house.. [ I cant leave at night ] the message wich appers everytime, even when i change the clock..

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
i love your hack dante ^^
i like the mysterious feeling of the game and the feeling
also a compliment to the great tiles
thank you ^^

With the new emulator and save type at flash 128k it works .....for 5 seconds after the little movie with the boy riding his bike and battling (which is in all ruby roms) the new game select and options is not there ......its another white screen .
I don't know what to say..
the guilt is of the basic rom that uses.
to a lot of people the game correctly works..
to a lot of others no.
you check that the basic rom is ruby AXVE.

1. Befor i fight with the fisher with 3 pokes, i was level 9, after the fight, wich i loss, i was again lvl 7..
2. After the Second dream, i cant leave the house.. [ I cant leave at night ] the message wich appers everytime, even when i change the clock..
1. I have corrected the struggle against the fisherman.
2. that is the end of the beta.

=======================================================
p_poppo.gif
UPDATES!!
for some days I have not adjourned this hack for motives for time and also because to the moment I am busy with the translation of pokemon crono in Italian.
in every way thanks to everything for your signalings of the BUGs..
what, to how much it seems, they were indeed many..
truth is whether to find the bugs was necessary someone that didn't know the hack as me..
I have simply check that the scripts worked..
and I have never made case to the fact that the poochyena disappeared from the team.
then thanks to all..
there is here the list of the corrected BUG:

30131573.png

a shade that appears under to poochyena but that it doesn't have to appear

58527833.png

86746887.png

two trainers that don't challenge you

70026914.png

I made to pass a poster for a telephone, forgetting to change the tiles..
a very not evident error that but it is not passed unnoticed to a careful player..

93742597.png

the assistant doesn't say anything when you talk to him

26345667.png

this assistant says to be the assistant of the PROF. BIRCH

16668560.png

when the machoke stirs the box is seen

14242913.png

this is not a bug..
simply I have changed the mini sprite

33838812.png

corrected the battle with the fisherman

40959266.png

corrected the most famous bug and the worse one..
I inserted a special in more than it allowed to remove all the pokemons of the team

88425566.png

corrected the coordinates of the route 102 on the map of the world

11680516.png

I have closed the road that brings to URBAN CITY
(the city doesn't belong to the beta 1)

45803291.png

62967404.png

errors of map

PoKéMoN Crono Beta 1 (ITA) coming soon!
Soon new UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.