• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How do I receive the Reshiram and Zekrom through Wi-Fi and their c-gear skins that I keep hearing about???

Go to main menu when the game starts. Go to the third option "mystery gift". Click it. Click recieve gift. Click okay. Click "get via nintendo wfc". Click okay. Wait. Click Zekrom or Reshiram. Click yes. Recieve it. Pick it up from the Pokemon Centre.

For the second one, go to Dream World with your Zekrom or Reshiram and if you play the mini-game you'll get the C-Gear skin unlocked. Go to the customisation page (iirc, below promotions on the far right of the main global link screen) afterwards once you're done and then set the skin to your default skin. Then wake your Pokemon up. The C-Gear skin will then be that skin.

Years
on the Pokemon Global Link home page
bottom right corner, just below the "Promotions" and "EZ Mail"
when you get the C-skin, press the "Customize" (while logged in), choose your C-Gear skin, Pokédex skin and Musical show and press "Customize Game"
this works when you have a Pokémon tucked in, and once you wake it up the settings will be saved on your DS cart

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
on the Pokemon Global Link home page
bottom right corner, just below the "Promotions" and "EZ Mail"
when you get the C-skin, press the "Customize" (while logged in), choose your C-Gear skin, Pokédex skin and Musical show and press "Customize Game"
this works when you have a Pokémon tucked in, and once you wake it up the settings will be saved on your DS cart

what if I already removed my tucked in Pokémon before changing it and it won't let me tuck another one in for 24 hours???

Years
wait another 23 hours?
next time you tuck in a pokémon choose customize and setup your new skin

and i'd go with Zekrom/Reshiram so if you missed something in the Dream World, you can try to get the skin again

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
wait another 23 hours?
next time you tuck in a pokémon choose customize and setup your new skin

and i'd go with Zekrom/Reshiram so if you missed something in the Dream World, you can try to get the skin again

I said 24!!! my game says that the game sync is overloaded and it takes a day to recharge!!! I don't know what that means... I am assuming that I need to wait 24 hours... Am I right???

Years
i have a question too

want to trade my DS lite for a DSi XL, but im a bit confused about the RNG
is it working on DSi XL? i mean hatching shiny and stuff?
is it just more complicated, or not working at all?

i've read the sticky about it (here, trade thread), but been searching too, and every1 said, that i cant RNG shiny on XL

so whats the truth? more complicated, easy with the new version of RNG, or should i keep my Lite if i would like to hatch shiny Pokémon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Are BW2 direct sequels to black and white?
We don't know yet. We speculate that they are most likely by the "2" and as a result we're calling them sequels, but in reality, it hasn't been directly confirmed by anybody yet. :(

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
are the C-gear Skins interchangeable between both game??? I have both Pokémon Black and Pokémon White registered on my Dream World account... can I have the same C-gear skin in both (I earned it in Pokémon White, Can I use it in Pokémon Black)???

Years
is there a way to check Reshiram's/Zekrom's nature?
i mean after i beat it in N's castle?

and whats the "best" nature for Reshiram? Timid right? or Hasty? :D
thx

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
is there a way to check Reshiram's/Zekrom's nature?
i mean after i beat it in N's castle?

and whats the "best" nature for Reshiram? Timid right? or Hasty? :D
thx

When you say beat it, you are aware that you can't advance until you catch it (or have all space in your party and PC full.) If you have all that full then no, you can always just soft reset and catch it at the time you first battle it, as it can be sent to the front of the party (but I'm not sure if you have to battle immediately or are able to check your party). Also Timid and Hasty are generally the best according to Smogon.

Years
yea, i mean catch it :)

but i've found something
catch it with my master ball, lose to N, so i will be teleported back to a PC and can check the nature
reset...reset...reset... :D until its Timid

cuz right after i catch it N will heal my party and the battle starts

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
yea, i mean catch it :)

but i've found something
catch it with my master ball, lose to N, so i will be teleported back to a PC and can check the nature
reset...reset...reset... :D until its Timid

cuz right after i catch it N will heal my party and the battle starts

A quick tip, you don't need to use a Master Ball. It has the same catch rate as an Onix or Beedrill.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok, I have pokemon white and pokemon pearl, I want to use the transfer machine to transfer all the pokes from pearl to white, but after it some what, almost completes the download it tells me to turn off the ds and put in a compatible game, what would cause this message?? Any help greatly needed and appreciated!!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back