• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game of /Pokémon/ [OOC+SU]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Awesome posts guys! Glad to see some people arriving at their destination :).

Mattis is around for interaction, or you can notice him. I would say PM me if you want to do something, but I will imagine all those plans will go out the window when I post the update tomorrow evening ;D.

I am GMT (woo UK), so you can expect the update around 30 hours from now (8pm GMT).

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
For the next week or so I might not be posting that much, I fell down a flight of stairs yesterday and sprained my ankle. Also hurt my back so until I'm feeling better too much time sitting at my computer makes me hurt more than I already am.

Years
For the next week or so I might not be posting that much, I fell down a flight of stairs yesterday and sprained my ankle. Also hurt my back so until I'm feeling better too much time sitting at my computer makes me hurt more than I already am.

Ouch, not a good time. Keep you leg elevated and ice it constantly. Remember to see a doctor if your back pain doesn't go away after a couple days. The back might just be bruised, but don't take any chances.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Sin Rascalwolf had arrived in the Cheryygrove Camp and was just entering the city gates. He is now open for interaction! :)

And, I am UTC + 8:00, if anyone is interested.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I'll be making my next post later today or tomorrow. Family issues forced me to relocate to my dad's where the internet connection is sorta crappy and I couldn't get on as much as I'd have liked. But now I'm back home so... Yeah.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The event post will be posted in about an hour :) If you're not quite there yet you'll need to catch up and at least arrive at your location ASAP.

Hope your ankle is better Genevieve, keep your foot up and use it as an excuse to lounge by the computer! ;D

Mick Fizz - welcome back :) Hope your family issues have settled down.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Oh yeah, things just got interesting up in the IC! My fingers are buzzing with excitement to write. I think I might just get started on a post now... :D

I have a question if I may, Swift? When you say our Pokémon can use any move available to them by leveling up, are we capped by the estimated level we put in our SU, or is it free reign?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oh yeah, things just got interesting up in the IC! My fingers are buzzing with excitement to write. I think I might just get started on a post now... :D

I have a question if I may, Swift? When you say our Pokémon can use any move available to them by leveling up, are we capped by the estimated level we put in our SU, or is it free reign?

Total free reign :) any move they learn by levelling, and I might allow moves of the same type. Defininite no on TMs though.

Years
Swift, a question on the Viridian Forest fight; besides being cannon fodder for the Poochyena/Mightyena, how little of a role should they play? Just guard the tents and all the expensive things?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Swift, a question on the Viridian Forest fight; besides being cannon fodder for the Poochyena/Mightyena, how little of a role should they play? Just guard the tents and all the expensive things?

They could defend people or valuables. The main aim is to take out the 'boss' pokemon though, who is leading the attack.

Years
They could defend people or valuables. The main aim is to take out the 'boss' pokemon though, who is leading the attack.

Would you be controlling said boss, or are each RPer permitted to bunny them provided they aren't killed or put into a situation where they are forced to be killed?

And someone bring some torches. We can't find a pure black Pokemon in the dark. :P

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Woo, an invasion! Anyone want to team up with Sin?

Plus, I have a question regarding the dark birds. Would the blonde-haired dude be battling?

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
whew, Hazel made it in time for the action. just barely. {XD}

also, i've been wondering; how long do you usually take to write an average post? i noticed i tend to take incredibly long (like, i took almost an hour for this last one), but it's partly because i get distracted easily keep having to look words up.

in other news, i've started watching Game of Thrones to study up. i've to say once you get into it, it really is addictive. i ended up watching entire season 1 in about 4 days... hm hm.

oh well... i'll be tucking in now... good night!

Last edited:
Years

also, i've been wondering; how long do you usually take to write an average post? i noticed i tend to take incredibly long (like, i took almost an hour for this last one), but it's partly because i get distracted easily keep having to look words up.

It depends on how long of a post I want to write, but it took me about an hour on the last one partially due to editing parts that made more sense in my head than when I wrote it and the other part being distractions from youtube...damn you youtube.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
It varies for me, if I have enough creative thought I can write a post in ten to fifteen minutes, but most of the time it takes me an hour or so.

Also I realized people were telling their time zone's. I'm in Eastern Standard time UTC-4 like Fuyu is.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
It depends really, mostly on how distracted I am. Probably going to take longer since I'm getting carpal tunnel in both wrists so I'm going to need to slow down. Can usually take less than an hour though. XD

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years

It depends, as first I start to think about what it is I am going to write and then to actually get started writing it... that's the hard part. It normally takes me about an hour for a nice long post, and shorter for smaller ones. That is if I am staying focused through all of it. I get distracted by the internet and shiny things. -_- Then I have the proof-reading (which I admittedly skip sometimes) and the last minute editing. Needless to say I am not the fastest writer.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
You are free to control the boss pokémon, but I will decide when you can kill it. :3

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years

Writing about what the character would do is easy for me in certain situations is easy for me, as I have a database in my mind with about 30 or so OCs from a made-up universe, and should only take me a minute or two for planning. Then I start writing, with regular distractions (unless the deadline is nigh) and I finish in about an hour.

Also Swift, you know how in Pokémon Conquest, how you can link with various Pokémon, but can only have a perfect link with a specific evolutionary line? Are we allowed to do something similar in this RP?

In other news, I have a while day off tomorrow so I should post at least once.

Last edited:
Back