• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
where is the sprite from entei on witch route ?

Its random. Youve got to find it yourself as it changes and the location is different for different people. Basically, no-one can say as it changes.
Ask these questions in the Shny Gold help Thread as that is why it was created.

Years
Yeah, using the potions you get at the beginning help a lot. The only problem is if the slowpoke ends up cursing itself to max when you're sleeping.

Still, moving the battle in isn't so much of a problem ye?

EDIT: One more question.. D-Did you increase the chance of shinies appearing in this patch or something? Or am I being insanely lucky when, on a run where I mistook the latest beta for beta4 in a locked thread, I found a shiny geodude, and NOW, on the correct version, I found a shiny caterpie?

EDIT Again!: Oh now a shiny hoothoot too?! If you want picture proof, I can give it. But if I see ONE MORE, this is odd.

I believe he hasn't increased that, but like you said, i have encounterd many shinys too.
On B4 i found a shiny mudkip and in beta 5 a shiny gastly.
I think it´s just pure luck, but I´ve noticed that all the shinys you encounter have the same gender.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
I believe he hasn't increased that, but like you said, i have encounterd many shinys too.
On B4 i found a shiny mudkip and in beta 5 a shiny gastly.
I think it´s just pure luck, but I´ve noticed that all the shinys you encounter have the same gender.
Well, my shiny caterpie is a female, but the rest were male. I also found it quite odd on how quickly I found the shiny hoothoot after the shiny caterpie. Only about 4 minutes later.
I don't think it's too bad, but if I do see more shinies as I progress, I'll notify.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2009
...i didn't find any....except the red gyarados(that looks kinda orange to me). My brother once caught a gold Mightyena in sapphire version. The only wild shiny pokemon i saw was a pink nidorina in fire red... but it was in the safari zone and it ran away. How do you guys get so lucky?

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
...i didn't find any....except the red gyarados(that looks kinda orange to me). My brother once caught a gold Mightyena in sapphire version. The only wild shiny pokemon i saw was a pink nidorina in fire red... but it was in the safari zone and it ran away. How do you guys get so lucky?
I must've been INSANELY lucky to see, and catch 3 shinies in 2 days..
And that's why I dunno if it was luck, I haven't seem to have found any more shinies but I probably will, hopefully a Beldum :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2009
Nvm about my code question. I found out my gba emulator for the psp has some problems with codes. Fire red just happens to be one of the games that dont work well. I dont feel like starting over until beta 6 cause it would be kinda a waste

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
so i was playing sg and was having a blast, then wen i got the ghostbuster i went to cerulean and tried to go the power plant but it says the id of the ghost couldnt b identifed or something lyk that. so wat with that? can some1 plz help me, was there something i was supposed to do 1st or something i need in order to proceed? thanks

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
to ssj92

thanx for that ssj92 but its too bad ill hav to start over and...wait...would it be possible to use a backup save of some sort for the game and use that? besides i used that button combo save...thing...i dont use the games save option i just press shift+f1 and voila!! o and since i herd beta 6 isnt out yet i could hav beta 5 since it was made sumtime last year thanx...but still can i use the backup save thing with shift+f1 or it makes no difference...

abyssthesavior

ps (as usual) click.......DOOOOOOOOMMSSDAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!*abyss' new music plays*

Years
so i was playing sg and was having a blast, then wen i got the ghostbuster i went to cerulean and tried to go the power plant but it says the id of the ghost couldnt b identifed or something lyk that. so wat with that? can some1 plz help me, was there something i was supposed to do 1st or something i need in order to proceed? thanks

Goto the scrapbox next time you have a question...
Who in Johto knows about ghosts?
Goto the burned tower to find out...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
repeat of "to ssj92"

your patch file(.ips) should be called ShinyGoldB5_ByZel or ShinyGoldXB5_ByZel

unless u renamed it

also to safely patch beta 5. use a clean rom and its recommended to start all over.

ShinyGold B5 was released December 31, 2007 & ShinyGoldX B5 was released January 4th, 2008

thanx for that ssj92 but its too bad ill hav to start over and...wait...would it be possible to use a backup save of some sort for the game and use that? besides i used that button combo save...thing...i dont use the games save option i just press shift+f1 and voila!! o and since i herd beta 6 isnt out yet i could hav beta 5 since it was made sumtime last year thanx...but still can i use the backup save thing with shift+f1 or it makes no difference...

abyssthesavior

ps (as usual) click.......DOOOOOOOOMMSSDAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!*abyss' new music plays*

this is a repeated reply since i thought u wouldnt reply to it so...ok then...

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
I don't mean to be rude, but I absolutely HATE the drums/symbals in the music for the towns. I haven't gotten far in the game, but cherrygrove's music is just terrible. I really don't mean to be so rude, but that's just my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2009
I don't mean to be rude, but I absolutely HATE the drums/symbals in the music for the towns. I haven't gotten far in the game, but cherrygrove's music is just terrible. I really don't mean to be so rude, but that's just my opinion.
Yeah he knows. It'll be changed in beta 6.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
How challenging will be the 3 final gyms? I'm asking the kind of lvs we'll be facing, also the type of pokemon?

If it's the "normal" version, just get any guide for Gold, as it's gonna be the same thing. For the "X" I'm not sure, I always think on the levels and movesets as I reach that part while playing.

Where's the cave with the man with the hammer ?

It's gonna be located in Mt.Moon, in B6.

Hey zel,
Are you going to add more minigames too?
For the new island you could make Carlos be there and you can fight him every so often and if you win he will dis you and won't battle you for awhile and when he will re-battle you he will have stronger Pokemon.

Dont worry, as the strongest rivals (except for Silver who wont get an event but will be present) will be moving into the Islands as well. Most likely some of the rivals (like Ard, or Dante & Rina) will not be showing up as they are not really that strong to deserve to be there (what about J&J? I'm not sure yet)

What is known is that a new (and the final) rival will appear on this location.

my reply didnt go through for some reason.... anyway i used fire red action replay codes for shiny gold and it changed my item numbers to numbers like "?32"(i fixed that though). I cant use/see TMs or berries. Even when i get new tms and berries i cant use them... anyone have a solution or is my savegame screwed? I havent played pokemon in years and my favorite pokemon game was crystal. This hack got me playing again :) .

Cheating on a hack is not recommended.

Anyways was curious if you were going to add the Pokemon Network Center that was on One Island with the Ruby and Sapphire plates configured in the machines. It would allow trade between Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Also was wondering if you were going to add a Move Relearner or some Move Tutors?

No need for the Ruby and Sapphire as in Pallet Town (after finishing an event first), Oak will give you the chance to register you as a Professional Pokemon Trainer, which has the exact same effect as getting the Ruby and Sapphire, you'll be able to trade with those games (however, he'll offer this only once and if you decline, you are screwed)

The Move Relearner already exists, in Blackthorn City. But Move Tutors dont exist yet.

O_O...

Shiny Gold X is hard...

that was BY FAR the hardest battle i've ever had with
a level 5 slowpoke.

x_x''

Yeah, but probably that was the only hard battle through the game (I dont think that, to me X is hard, but other people may not agree :P)

I was just thinking in something here...
There will be more trainers in shinygold than in firered, right?
If so, why not name them after ppl here in pc?

Good luck!

Not a good idea. You put the name of someone of PC and then I get hundreds of people wanting their name in the game.

The only thing about this I would improve for future betas, is the very first battle.

Going up against a level 5 slowpoke with yawn and curse, with an already high defense status is slightly unfair for new gamers; the battle is just too imbalanced for the level. I think that what I'd suggest is move Carlos in to either the entrance to route 30, or the entrance to Cherrygrove. This way, you can train prior in order to make the battle easier.

Of course, everything after that battle is fine and dandy. Great job with the hack!

Simple: If you arent up to the challenge, dont try the X, and stick with the normal version. Works like some kind of warning.

Yeah, using the potions you get at the beginning help a lot. The only problem is if the slowpoke ends up cursing itself to max when you're sleeping.

Still, moving the battle in isn't so much of a problem ye?

EDIT: One more question.. D-Did you increase the chance of shinies appearing in this patch or something? Or am I being insanely lucky when, on a run where I mistook the latest beta for beta4 in a locked thread, I found a shiny geodude, and NOW, on the correct version, I found a shiny caterpie?

EDIT Again!: Oh now a shiny hoothoot too?! If you want picture proof, I can give it. But if I see ONE MORE, this is odd.

Yeah, I also dont know how other people seem to get extremely lucky. On my two years of making SG, I only found two shinies in the wild (not counting the Red Gyarados)
But perhaps there could be a patching error or something wrong somewhere. Who knows? In the end, as long as it's not a constant shiny encounter, it's not an error.

Dont worry, but just remember that there's gonna be a lot of changes in the music department. Dont pay that much attention to how those tracks sound.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2010
hey zel this is just a thought but you should add another rival that gets the pokemon that you or the main rival didnt choose like if i got totodile then the main rival would get chicorita and the new rival would get cyndaquil

ssj92

ShinyGold got me hooked!!!
Years
new rival would be great. he said on his new island that we will meet a new rival so ya. also we can;t have too many rivals9gotta watch those slots available :P)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
That, that does sound good, but, maybe you should meet the rival after you enter Eckruetect(sp?), and the new rival should be the female character, if you pick to play as a boy, or it should be a boy, if you pick to play as a girl.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
WOW, 124 pages.....wow, i guess zel is doing something good in this hack. I knew that SG was popular here, but this hasnt left the first page since it got unlocked. Hmm well good luck zel, i might get around to playing this sometime.

GL, Zel :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2010
That, that does sound good, but, maybe you should meet the rival after you enter Eckruetect(sp?), and the new rival should be the female character, if you pick to play as a boy, or it should be a boy, if you pick to play as a girl.

ya i forgot to mention about the boy or girl thing but it just comes down to what zel thinks about it it would be cool though

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2008
why doesnt this hack work for me? ive tried it 3 times from 3 different mirrors and 2 different roms every time i try to run it it just shows up as a red screen that turns to black, that turns to white, that turns to red, over and over

please help

Back