• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
can't be the fire red rom. the first one I dl'd, it didn't work, and this is the 2nd one and it worked fine until that. and I'm sure I patched it with the beta X ips file.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2010
It's not that bad of an idea, but for the detail it should be difficult to implement, and there are ways to make the islands a true challenge that are as good but less painful to introduce. The tutors are a good idea, but the prices would have to be halved, no more no less.

Plus, if you like to keep a good image, dont cry out that loud that you like to stall the crap out of ppl, putting DBond and PS as the more expensive. AND DONT even talk about pain split: for me its a move that should be BANNED, it dimunishes the game to a certain draw.

I generally despise stalling, infact my shoddy and sgx teams have 5/6 of my team having earthquake and other offensive moves. I personally like absuing dragon dance and other said boosters. I thought of other players who actually like stalling, that list appeals to all players, not just you and me. The prices can be altered, those are just ideas. Now that I think of it, it could be the vermilion tower rewards. I judged the prices based how much I like the strategy and how useful that particular move is, notice all of the power-up moves are relatively cheap, that indicates how much I love powering up, and the stall moves are quite expensive, because I despise stalling. I placed the recovery moves at high prices, because I think that they're useful, same for substitute.

can't be the fire red rom. the first one I dl'd, it didn't work, and this is the 2nd one and it worked fine until that. and I'm sure I patched it with the beta X ips file.

Did you patch over a previous beta? That maybe the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
meh he's new and this site does have some connection issues(I've triple posted because of it)

Anywho, Shiny Gold has always looked good to me and Beta 6 should only make it better :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
Zel why I can't go to victory road??
there is a note there that says "men at work"

could you reply on this??

thx i really enjoy the game but I can't go to E4 and to the second map

Last edited by a moderator:

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
I get a trouble when I finished beating the Elite Four I start a NEw Game, when I should be in my Room, waiting to go Kanto.
Try changing your save type to 128k flash, but you'll probably have to start a new game. Have you played all the way trough the game only with savestates?

Very WIP Johto Trainer battle remix I started...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuN9qKm3vR0

Man i gotta tell you... it could be a great remix but it's so full of bips it almost sounds like a RBY music. Try smoothing that and you've got a winner.
Zel why I can't go to victory road??
there is a note there that says "men at work"

could you reply on this??

thx i really enjoy the game but I can't go to E4 and to the second map

Probably you are playing a very old beta, download and patch beta 5 in the 1st page of this post or wait 'till beta 6 comes out.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Hey Zel.
I read that you were making remixes of the music.
I was wondering, what program are you using?
And do you just use the instruments and make the song from scratch?
Thanks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Yeah i understand,
Ok then, Magnius and Clonex
What program are you using?
I'm looking to make music for a game.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
The music remix is really good, nice music. Although the Yugi is a little intense for a parody lol.
lol well yeah, but it's mean to be intense. I might block rating though, since whoever gave my GSC trainer battle a 2 doesn't even have the guts to tell me how it could be improved or why they gave it such a low rating.

As for Music Hacking, me and Clonex25 have posted tons of information on how to insert midis in the documents and tutorials area. And yes we make them from scratch. I myself use a midi program called Anvil Studio. But it's a lot more complicated then just creating and inserting a midi.

Last edited:

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
Hey zel ive been a fan of your game for ages and i just want to ask are you still working on this hack or are you on another/ starting another coz i think your one of the best hacker if not the best

ssj92

ShinyGold got me hooked!!!
Years
Hey zel ive been a fan of your game for ages and i just want to ask are you still working on this hack or are you on another/ starting another coz i think your one of the best hacker if not the best

check his stats on the first page, it clearly states your question

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2008
Hello i am new here and I didn't read every thing so I am not sure if anyone mentioned it, but there is a problem with the Red Gyarados, as soon as I see it every pokemon is shiny wild and trainer's and it won' stop.
I would appreciate some help
Thanx

OH Zel I like your hack when will the new version be finished

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
People have mentioned the shiny problem. If it was in beta 5, it will be fixed in beta 6 hopefully. Meanwhile, take advantage and catch all the shinies you want! Its a once in probably a lifetime opportunity you'll find that many shinies!

Back