• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2008
Ok thanx
But can anyone give me the link to the latest version of Shiny gold I can't seem to find it

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
As you could expect from a few days without replying, this is gonna be another loooooong multiquoting post. Hope I quoted your question, if not, sorry ;)

hey zel this is just a thought but you should add another rival that gets the pokemon that you or the main rival didnt choose like if i got totodile then the main rival would get chicorita and the new rival would get cyndaquil
new rival would be great. he said on his new island that we will meet a new rival so ya. also we can;t have too many rivals9gotta watch those slots available :P)
That, that does sound good, but, maybe you should meet the rival after you enter Eckruetect(sp?), and the new rival should be the female character, if you pick to play as a boy, or it should be a boy, if you pick to play as a girl.

Although I cant tell much, the new rival is another boy, mainly because his personality wouldnt fit a girl too much (yeah, when I imagine a rival I start with his personality, else it wouldnt be too "real"), and he is an "islands exclusive" character, so he wont show up before than that.
What Pokemon will he use? Sorry, but that's a se-cret ;P

And shinys... apart from the red gyara i havent found a single shiny in the INTIRE advance games... and i've played sapphire, emerald , firered and SG, plus minor hacks (LOD)

But i have one shiny on diamond, without the radar, but... it's a shiny BIDOOF. God hates me.

Now I can feel better knowing that, even if I only found five since I started playing Pokemon, I found more than you! :D

Great job zel, I have a few question though:

Can we trade pokemon with people around the world using VBA Link?
Does the 'X' version only have harder trainers/pokemon or is the whole story/quest made harder?

Yes you can trade, but only with a FR/LG (or another SG, obviously >.<), so far, trading with R/S/E is not allowed, but you'll be able to when you reach Pallet and talk to Oak (which'll happen on B6)

It only gives the trainers different (and relative) better lineups, with incresed levels and movesets. But, other than that, it's just the same game, including the Pokemon found in the wild.

Yes thats a great idea Gold (if you chose girl) or Crystal (if you chose boy) will battle you at random times with the pokemon you have an advantage to he/she will be nice to his/her pokemon and be the total opposite of Silver your other rival.

Hmmmm... I dont know...

I am a pokemon fan from China.I saw a shinygold beta6 appear in the internet. is this your hack rom?have you finish hacking the shinygold beta6? I dont know the details about you!
please tell me the details about shinygold! thanks!

Hopefully not in one of those pirated versions. But yeah, it's my hack and no, I'm still not done with it. More details about the hack? If you have some time, just start reading this thread (and the older thread) :laugh:

Would it be possible in the areas that were added and not originally in GSC to use RSE music?

I've been using a few, but since I'm not sure how BGMs from the original Gold we are gonna use, there's nothing certain on that. I like a few tracks from DP more than the ammount of tracks I like from RSE.

Another thing, because of the higher levels in Shinygold X. Are you going to be raising the levels of the wild pokemon as well? Because the elite 4 are at level 60 or so, wouldn't it be a bit tedious to be training against level 35 odd pokemon in victory road?

No way, I consider that having lower leveled Pokemon (compared to the trainers) makes it harder to train (which also helps me in the idea that the game is supposed to be harder)

Zel, have you considered making Golem/Alakazam/Gengar/Machamp gained by happiness evolution instead of level evolution?

Too cheap. At least, happiness evolution allows you to get powerful Pokemon on earlier levels. I dont like how that sounds.

Zel, how tough will Satoshi be?

In the normal, Red is gonna be just the same as he was on the original Gold. In the X... that's to be confirmed.

and i had a question did you scratch the ho-oh on the title screen cuz it looks really good

Neos helped with the titlescreen, I'm not really sure where he got it from (probably it's the same place where he's been getting the DP sprites for his hack, I dont remember the name of the place)

Random Question: Is there a way to get the "Stick" item for Farfetch'd? I happen to have two, one shiny (yays), and I want sticks for them. I tried stealing from wilds to no avail. They may have one and be rare, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only accessible in Vermillion in FireRed, and I can't find it there since it's all changed. If someone has a stick, can you tell me that it is possible? Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. If not, can you, Zel, add it in somewhere? If you could add it as a held item for wild Farfetch'd, that'd be awesome. Certainly not a big deal, but I'd appreciate it.
whew, long question.

As far as I remember, nobody gives you the Stick item, but, since hold items in wild Pokemon wasnt changed, I think the wild Farfetch'd may have one, rarely.

Maybe in the islands I could give access to those "unique" items, but I'm not really sure.

Sent you a PM, blackpen.

I hope there's more bug-catching contests in the future. I was dumb and saved after wasting my first 2 chances by getting Everstones. Now I only have 1 Sun Stone and 2 pokemon to evolve. :/
Also liked the legendaries appearing on the map. Only ran into Entei so far, and it ran before I could even battle it. I deserved that, though. I actually decided to stop and save as soon as I saw it, THEN approach it. I don't know what made me think that would actually work.

There will, and most likely, will work based on timed events as everything else. But I want it to remain with a few chances till at least you reach the islands. It'll make you be more careful with what you do through the game.

And about Entei, keep in mind that as soon as you enter the map, it's already decided if it'll show up or not and if it'll flee or not. Making it harder to manipulate them :)

Zel was wondering if you would add the Stick (Farfetch'd) with the, Light Ball for (Pika), Metal Powder (Ditto), Soul Dew (Latios/Latias), Deepseascale, Deepseatooth (Clampearl Sp Atk, Def), Lucky Punch, Lucky Egg (Chansey) Thick Club (Marowak) with a decent drop rate if not in the game. I wonder if the other hold items would be available through purchases. Zigzagoon pickups are cool, some free items yea.

Nope, I'm not gonna change the drop rate, but as I said before, maybe I'll give an easy access to them on the islands (which is almost like at the end of the game)

Can you change golds backsprite to make him look forward like Red did in FireRed/LeafGreen because he looks fat sideways.

I like his sprite and specially the pose, even if not everyone agree with me.

Hrm...
Can I catch mewtwo or mew in ShinyGold Beta6?I remember that there are many places I cant enter...such as cerulean city,near the sea there is a house that we will bring some pokemons to let him see to get the fire stone or leaf stone and so on...on the right side of this house,there is a breakable rock ,and I smash it there is a rock road...in the end of this road...there is a big stone stopping you enterng the hole....
what is it?..is it the mew2 or mew's hole ?

Mewtwo on B6? Not yet. It's just too awesome to get it yet >o<

*takes a deep breath...*

yo zel, hows the hackin goin, i made a new banner 4 u, hope u like it:

Thanks, I hope to remember to upload it to the first post (better send it to me in a PM so I wont forget about it)

zel,what time have you started to make shiny gold beta6?We are in the China so we dont konw it...
the pokemon fans in the China are Crazy about shiny gold !we all appreciate shinygold of course and you ..
around the world all pokemon fans are friends!!

Since about the first months of 2006.

Maby you could make the traded pokemon evolutions evolve with an item thats named: "trade cable". That item is also in pokemon mystery dungeon and i think that that is a great solution for the traded pokemon.

As the happiness evolution, using items for evolving is another easy solution. I just made a few Pokes evolve that way, and with varied stones, which I think is fair enough.

I can't remember how long it was that you started this... Was it 2005? It seems like a long time and doesn't seem right. I know you were working on it before you first posted it however. Also, when did the last Beta come out? I don't even know which ones I've played as I'm trying to wait until the final version (story wise at least). How are things looking in the space department? I know you were always worried you'd run out of trainer slots and I was curious as to how many you'd used.

I wish I remembered all the dates precisely, but I dont... :\

Anyway, there are still a good bunch of slots, and even if they dont seem to have enough Pokes in their lineups, I can always repoint their lineups to free space to give them more Pokes :)

In terms of rom space, it's amazing, I still havent used as much space as I thought I'd need when I started :)

im not sure if this is against the rules but how do you rematch the trainers your registered i call them up but they never want to rematch me does it have something to do with picking the berries and waiting 5 mins or something?

Exactly, getting rematches is also chained with the timed events. If you activated a timed event before, the trainers will keep saying their random stuff. Just walk around without interacting with anything and they'll accept rematches. However, as soon as you get one, a timed event activates, so you know what that means.

I have an idea for an Island minigame, somewhat of a battle frontier challenge. The "brains" would be your 7 rivals, each of their teams being in thier prime. No healing outside of items will be allowed, and to compensate for pp drainage, I propose an item that restore pp should be sold at the mart before the challenge, like ether or max elixer. Each of the challenges should have a theme to it, that accustomes to the rival boss at the end, like mono team for ard and double battles for rina and dante. Also there should be a random challenge for one of the rivals to test your abilities. The prize would be re-useable move tutors, however they will be expensive.

A list that I thought of:
Calm mind:100,000
Dragon dance: $120,000
Thunder wave:$85,000
Softboiled/Synthesis/Recover: $200,000
Bulk up: $100,000
Body Slam:$75,000
Will-o-Wisp: $100,000
Flamethrower/Ice beam/Thunderbolt:$100,000
Focus Punch: $100,000
Substitute:$250,000
Drill Peck: $75,000
Baton pass:$45,000
Counter/Mirror coat:$125,000
Rest:$100,000
Swords dance/Agility/Amensia:$150,000
Swagger:$60,000
Rock Slide:$150,000
Solarbeam:$90,000
Frenzy Plant/Hyrdo cannon/Blast Burn:$125,000
Hypnosis:$100,000
Explosion:$175,000
Pain Split: $150,000
Destiny Bond/Perish song:$200,000

I would love it if you could implement this idea in Zel... =P

To begin with, I dont like the idea of having all the rivals gathered on the same place.
Then, the whole idea of challenges sounds appealing, but I kinda have something like that planned, without the prizes you mention. Though I agree that having move tutors as prizes seems fair. Too bad I cannot change the move they teach...

I think I found a glitch/bug. When you go into the Name Rater's house in Lavender Town, the room all glitchy or something and I can't get out.

That's because of the map that was used, I think. Need to remember to change that map... -_-

Hey zel ive been a fan of your game for ages and i just want to ask are you still working on this hack or are you on another/ starting another coz i think your one of the best hacker if not the best

Even if I helped someone else in the past, currently I just work on my own game. And I dont plan to start anything till I'm finished with this one first.

*one more, one more...*

Hello i am new here and I didn't read every thing so I am not sure if anyone mentioned it, but there is a problem with the Red Gyarados, as soon as I see it every pokemon is shiny wild and trainer's and it won' stop.
I would appreciate some help
Thanx

OH Zel I like your hack when will the new version be finished

Seems like a problem that used to happen in older Betas. On the last one it should work ok, are you using the B5?

*and that's it, now I'm gonna keep working on my stuff... faints*

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Hey zel do you remember the Winstrate Family in RSE? Why not put them in Kanto like they just moved in.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
...And the gold medal in the Anwserlympics goes to zel. Michael Phelps, scram. There's a new champ on the block.

As for the shinies, at least i have something to cash in on god when i REALLY try to win the lottery. (lucky hacker wtf *grunt*)
But then again, as i said, he hates me.

Hey zel do you remember the Winstrate Family in RSE? Why not put them in Kanto like they just moved in.

I support this idea, but it's just a tiny wimpy side quest, leave it to last, there are other priorities. Good idea tough, how unfortunate it would be finished in 5 minutes, unless the challenge is different from RSE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Craver

I'm From WAH!
Years
What so, Crazy?!!! I'm translating Mahogany Town :D by the moment... se u!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!!!¿Que onda loco?!!!

Este... mirà, anduve con lo de la traduccion esta, pero... segùn las "estadisticas" ya casi nadie juega al SG B5... de frente mal te digo, ¿no creès que seria bueno esperar a la 6? ya que igualmente (en Mahogany que es donde estoy) no tuve que repuntear casi nada y si lo hice busque lugares en 00, de todas manera nada se jodiò.
En tu decision queda. ¿o deberia decir queda a tu criterio? que se yo...

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2009
lol well yeah, but it's mean to be intense. I might block rating though, since whoever gave my GSC trainer battle a 2 doesn't even have the guts to tell me how it could be improved or why they gave it such a low rating.

Being intense is mean, my fault sorry. It was a good Yugi parody =). Whoever gave you a two should tell you why, I agree. Since he can tell you what could be improved. To me tho the music is 100 % great. This is one of the greatest games of all time, you guys are really good with them hacks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2010
does anyone know where the script is in the trick house before you get the 8th badge? im using my psp to type so sorry if its unclear

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
Hey zel,
will you put trainers in mt. silver if you have enough slots left?

Also you could put rare pokemon in a new room in that cave and you get to it by going through a door that is behind red.

Or you could put a mini-game behind that door.

Rexhunter99

C/C++ Programmer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Atla
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
Zel, this is amazing, the last time I was here, it was a humble and simple hack, now its like a whole new game!
This puts the original RSE games to shame!
Keep up the good work.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
and I thought I finished playing the hack (except the Jirachi event. I haven't found asingle clue about it in the game. :laugh:)

anyways, I guess I thought wrong. Zel, after I battled a lvl 50 Kangaskhan and caught Snorlax, I went through Diglett's cave. o.O
I thought Diglett's Cave was not accessable. oh well...
Spoiler:

still a great game, zel. :P
keep it up~
do your best what you can!

Rexhunter99

C/C++ Programmer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Atla
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
We were discussing new tilesets for Pokemon Pallidium not to long ago, then I found your screens, and the way the Tiles look, just fits, its not harsh like Diamond and Pearl yet its a breath of fresh air to the advanced series.

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
I can't believe it's so close to finishing! ... And it looks... Perfect!

Unfortunately I haven't played any recent betas following about beta... 1... So I can't really congratulate you on anything much, but from what I've it looks perfect (Have I said that already?)

People are probably going to get annoyed for me asking this but when are you going to release beta 6 (Because it looks as if it's pretty much done, unless you're adding loads of music and minigames and cool stuff to 6 which I thought would probably go in 7... )

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2008
It is perfect it is so cool i can't wait until it's done

I have a problem i can't save save the game the changing from 64k to 128k flash save didn't help
so I downloaded a patch which corrects the problem but than I can't play Shiny gold because they are both .ips files. so i was wondering is it possible to combine those two files.

here is the link yousendit.com/download/Q01IYUlpTk1wcFZFQlE9PQ
it is the save patch

The Immortal

★ BEST IN THE WORLD ★
Years
and I thought I finished playing the hack (except the Jirachi event. I haven't found asingle clue about it in the game. :laugh:)

anyways, I guess I thought wrong. Zel, after I battled a lvl 50 Kangaskhan and caught Snorlax, I went through Diglett's cave. o.O

still a great game, zel. :P
keep it up~
do your best what you can!

Did you catch Articuno? I did, I completely finished SGXB5.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
I battled a lvl 50 Kangaskhan and caught Snorlax, I went through Diglett's cave. o.O

Diglett's Cave is not accessable because B5 hack hasn't arrived there. The B5 finishes at Fuchsia City.

Back