• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

dude120

Rom hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2009
A GBA Emulator on my iPhone called gpSphone. V4 of Shiny Gold worked perfectly on that emulator.

Most pokemon games seem really slow to me on gpSPhone. Though gpSPhone is getting faster. I'd rather play it on my psp.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Gah, so much stuff... So, as you can expect, I'll start to multiquote, and if there's someone I had to answer to and I didnt reply, then sorry... next time >o<

That Pallet Town thing is Zel's old New Bark Town. Look at B3 and B5 in AMap, they are at different locations.

Oh, and before I forget...

I DID seem to have some Fly problems eventually, only to notice I had 27 items in the items pocket in my bag. Perhaps the items and fly menu are related...? Some problems include:

- Player's face not appearing in right location.
- Not being able to move the cursor.
- Not being able to fly to certain towns at times.

And I noticed you said in post #1 that you said it might be impossible to fix the "items check".

I highly doubt the items pocket and the fly are related. Flyposts are "attached" to flags, when the flag is set on, the flypost shows up. Then, there are a bunch of maps' level script which probably are messing up with those flags and as soon as you enter some map, an undesired flag is set on, and then the flypost shows up. Which is the map whose level script sets on Pallet's flag/Flypost. That's what I'm not sure (I think someone said something about the league, I'll check it out later)

Zel, I'm using the exact save as when I last played B5... which was five days before xP

If you still have problems, then let's keep it with PMs, because I dont want to accumulate a lot of unnecesary posts.

well about pallet I found the pallet map. 3.12
while new bark map is 3.0
now we just need to check which conections go to 3.12 instead to 3.0.
good luck in finishing and hope I helped.

As I said, connections dont have anything to do, rather maps' level scripts.

the minigames sound pretty cool,
perhaps you could have a pokemon dash related one? where you have cut trees and strength rocks and stuff...like puzzles, and you have to solve them and reach the checkpoint before the time runs out or something?
Oh and when i heal at the league centre, that's when i can fly to pallet. (that's after i beat the league XP) dunno if that helps.
keep up the good work

I dont know. I'm getting the experience that, depending on how tweaked you want the minigame to be, then you'd need more rom space, so I doubt I'll do much more complicated stuff.

This hack is getting better and better. (If that is even possible, it was amazing even when it first came out!). Just a question to see if I have everything straight. In beta 6 we'll have pallet, viridian, and pewter, plus a few islands right?

Anyway it's gonna be awesome no matter what. Keep up the great work!

Except the islands, all the rest of Kanto + Mt.Silver will be available (basically, ending the "remake" part)

I've had the palette glitch happen as well. It shows up on Route 27.

Palette glitch means...? If it is the thing of PCs, we all know about them.

Anyway, just to create some speculation (i love it...), the rock at the dragon's den, "The path shall only be revealed to the dragon masters" or it shall be revealed to the one who BEATS the dragon master?
And "We are supposed to wait for the legendary dragon pokemon" or (and i quote from the other trainer there) "..the lagendary dragon and the one who travels with him"?

Well, the funny thing will be to figure out how one can become a Dragon Master. I wont spoil the fun, obviously.

For the deadly bird, Zel needs

to remake the original pallete 0 from(rip from FR.)

then move the hero's palletes(gold and crys) to pallete 19, so it stays the same and the bird becomes to it's original color.

It's not the only way, because I can also edit the bird with Tile Molester. I'll have to do that because the last three palettes (19,20,21) were used for adding the DP Pokemon.

one more thing, i have played the game for 29 hours...and still haven't had a single rematch...are they supposed to be THAT rare?
that's all for now really, and keep up the good work! :classic:

Remember that you must call them on the Phone Booth, and then, you will never get a rematch if you have another timed event activated (to deactivate them, just walk around for a few minutes without interacting with anything), then, you can start insisting till someone finally decides to give you a rematch (yeah, they take a while). Once that happens, dont forget another timed event activates, to prevent you from bothering everyone :P

Then how about inserting move tutors like thwho ones in Emerald, spread around the world, or better, a REAL move tutor who knows all the moves (also paid, and well, to counterbalance) one poke can learn?

What will happen to the FR move tutors is still uncertain, but, for sure, one who knows all the moves is practically impossible, and could make the game too easy.

hey zel, is there supposed to be something after the digglets tunnel? ive watched a video that shows an event, with ashley if im not wrong, after the tunnel... doesnt the beta finishes before that?

It depends, if after doing the whole event of Lavender's Radio Tower, instead of going to Fuchsia, you went to Digglets Tunnel, then, the Beta is still not done (you have Fuchsia). If you've finished Fuchsia, then yes, the Beta is done, because you cannot go to Pewter or Viridian yet.

Is Lugia going to be in the new beta 6?

Pewter is in, and with that, there's the Silver Wing, and with that, there's Lugia.

-----

WARNING: Can we drop two kind of topics I've seen lately on the thread?

1: Talking about how to make the game work on an specific emulator (or how to make the game work at all). Either send me a PM about that (which, depending on the emulator, I may not be able to answer...), or why not someone creates some kind of thread for that on the Emulation section.

2: Talking about bugs or oddities in the Betas, because lately, all the stuff mentioned is long known, so they dont add anything new for me to say, and I ignore those posts (and you'll feel like ignored). Avoid talking about glitches, I'll work on fixing what I can for the next Beta, and after the B6 is released we may start talking about glicthes again, OK?

Please, drop those topics, else it makes it harder for me to look for useful posts to quote and reply.

----

Now, about updates. I started with the "action" part of the digging script, where you talk to the tiles and you "start digging", it's taking a lot of time, I know. I thought it'd be easier (according to my pseudo-code) but when writing the whole code, seems like I was mistaken :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2021
'Palette glitch means...? If it is the thing of PCs, we all know about them.'

Its where the colors of something like the background or character changes.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
I dont know what is the status of that, but about time-based events, why not to use the time played clock? like, instead of a couple of days in GSC(with the internal clock), why not ten hours of gameplay instead (for the bug-catching, obviously less for kurt) ? as i said before, im no hacker, thus i dont even know if its possible, but if it is, i think it would be a nice solution.

another bug: i deleted the first trainers you can register from my phone card (a youngster and a bug catcher) and the added the blackbelt on route 45. i (stupidly) decided to call him right away from the phone booth to the left. when i chose his entry, the screen went black and the game froze.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2008
Hey Mr. Zel!( or don't know what to tell)Your Shiny Gold is fantastic!But I've addicted to GBA & PC games.So how do I load the save file of Shiny Gold X beta 3.5?Is Lugia event live now and if it is,where is the Lugia?And what should I do when the new beta has come out?I am only a idiotic beginner.

P.S.I am looking forward to this hack and best wishes to you!Mr. Zel!

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
I dont know what is the status of that, but about time-based events, why not to use the time played clock? like, instead of a couple of days in GSC(with the internal clock), why not ten hours of gameplay instead (for the bug-catching, obviously less for kurt) ? as i said before, im no hacker, thus i dont even know if its possible, but if it is, i think it would be a nice solution.

another bug: i deleted the first trainers you can register from my phone card (a youngster and a bug catcher) and the added the blackbelt on route 45. i (stupidly) decided to call him right away from the phone booth to the left. when i chose his entry, the screen went black and the game froze.

1:I think bug catching thing should be possible and if you can only do it 2 times in sg, that's a letdown.

2: It's just an impossible bug. In the original they said "go talk to him".

Zel,
I think the chances of you being able to do the day night thing is very VERY slim unless you link it to gameplay hours...

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Not necessarily true, if he had it on a timer, it could theoretically work.

Do you mean like script it so that it sets off at a random time. But if that happened it would interfere with events big-time... Owch!

Thanks for making Jirachi sooo hard to find. I think that makes players focus on every part of the game. I hope you make everything super tricky to find on the new region.

~ :chu: ~

Last edited:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
1:I think bug catching thing should be possible and if you can only do it 2 times in sg, that's a letdown.
I think the chances of you being able to do the day night thing is very VERY slim unless you link it to gameplay hours...
if Zel finally puts day/night, it could be "once a day". And each day should be like... 4 hours of gameplay: 2 hours of morning, 2 hours of night. (consider you'll clear the game in few time)

Then somewhere put a clock that shows the gameplay time x12 modulo 24h (simple math that shouldn't be hard with a bit ASM, the hardcode thing is where to stick it in).

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Do you mean like script it so that it sets off at a random time. But if that happened it would interfere with events big-time... Owch!
That would never happen, as all this time, ZEL has been using specials which requires you to walk some amount of steps. You see Fire Red has no time so walking steps are used.

if Zel finally puts day/night, it could be "once a day". And each day should be like... 4 hours of gameplay: 2 hours of morning, 2 hours of night. (consider you'll clear the game in few time)

Then somewhere put a clock that shows the gameplay time x12 modulo 24h (simple math that shouldn't be hard with a bit ASM, the hardcode thing is where to stick it in).

Or you can implement a very first internal Battery on Fire Red itself.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Zel,
Not necessarily true, if he had it on a timer, it could theoretically work.

Not like day/night is something that I'm frenetically looking for, I prefer to first finish the game, and then we could discuss of stuff to add to it. From the talks we had with Mastermind, the first idea is to use Gameplay time, because there isnt any kind of timer, with the weird exception of the one used in the Battle Tower events (and I doubt that would be useful for anything, but, who knows?)

Well, I dont know. Perhaps one of these days I'll start discussing about what we could do with M_X. For now my focus is in other stuff.

Will we be able to re battle red in beta 6?

Just like in the original, you'll be able to, but to have a rematch you'll first need to defeat the E4 (doesnt apply for the first battle with Red)

I'm kinda close to finish the longest script ever, I just need to do a bunch of compares, setmaptiles and it'll be finally over. It'll depend on how much time I can dedicate to hacking, but I hope to finish it this weekend. Probably tomorrow I'll talk about the whole event, and then the video will be posted to clarify how the system works.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Sure, Zel should start over again and redo everything in a game with lame graphics.

yeah, I wasn't saying to have zel start over just to get time in the game. but if he could change firered graphics its pretty safe to assume that he can change the graphics in firered

That is a bad idea, in oh so many ways.
A note to everyone, just let this poor guy's comment alone, he doesn't know what he's talking about...
I do know what I'm talking about and last time I checked I was a pretty rich....

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
longest script? wow, I wish you luck on that one, zel, and I know you can slip it through the game. :3

Back