• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
But, at least you got one, didnt you? In the original GSC, that was its only location so you were forced to do the bug catching contest as well, so I dont see the problem of doing it here also. Besides, that's why you also have a Scizor around, if you want Scyther, just breed (breeding should have some kind of importance in the life of a Pokemon trainer... *cough*sounded like something an anime character would say*cough*)

I love scyther you wont beat me in knowledge about him hehehe
I know it only appeared in the contest in GSC (as well as pinsir, i think), and i actually won a contest with him, but i lost the last (of the 3) opportunities catching a lv. 13 female to B-R-E-E-D I-T , as Ditto is nowere to be found (a LOT rarer than in GSC, at least on the same place where it was, between goldenrod and the park), and i needed the silver wind scyther...
But my suggestion only stands if u cant fix the 3-times-limit contest

Oh so scizor's around... yup its here in the dex route 43 didnt know that...
It'll only be a breeder and a dex filler, as ugly and slow as it is...
Anyway i got to the end of the beta so i stoped playing it, as i want to be HUNGRY for B6, so i'll do all of that only there

And you've changed the TM's, right? Just to be sure

You still dont know what will you do with the FR move tutors, right? Well, how about putting the crystal move tutor, who would teach Bolt/Beam/Thrower for 4000 coins in the goldenrod GC?

EDIT: What happened to this post? I was positivly sure i left it in page 102, it went back one page (WEIRD...) ....

Last edited:

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I've been seeing supporters of this hack everywhere..
so this morning I was playing Emerald, and thought 'I should go give Shiny Gold a try!'.

I just played it for about 30 minutes, taking a break for a bit, but this is an amazing hack.
Zel did an awesome job on it, especially since it's his first one. o_o

Really awesome job.

I love Shiny Gold. xD

I have to support it in my signature now~. -goes off to grab a banner-

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
Hmm. I like the idea of a new version of "Card Flip" using pokeballs and actual pokemon. Also, I know the whole decoration thing would be hard to implement (and if you wanted to put it in i dont think anybody would mind waiting until the final version since its just a minor detail) but it would be nice. Gold/Crystal's room is too bare in game at the very least add some decor to it. Because it looks out of place if you look at Red's room he has a NES (N64 in GSC) and other little details that make the room stand out. Also, instead of decorating, the game could auto-decorate for certain events (beat the E4 and a Silver Trophy is set up in your room). But its not a big deal. Keep up the good work and I'm really looking forward to Beta 6.

trevor813

Its Just Me I Am Zero
Years
I say that zel should take his time with this hack and besides it really looks good ;)im curious if ash ( red) will have the same team from crystal :P LOL

wraith89

Pollo prima dell'uovo
Years
Amelia's Blaziken has Thunderpunch, not Ice Punch.

I remember it specifically using Ice Punch on my Swampert. Of course Swampert owned it with one Earthquake.

Changing the Dark moves to physical and Ghost moves to special would be contradictory of the goal of the rom hack, which Zel intends to be able to trade with Fire Red. Such a drastic change would have a significant impact on the game itself and how it is played, which would make an entirely new game itself, again contradictory to compatibility with Fire Red as both games have different mechanics, unlike 2nd gen and 1st gen.

Oh well. I didn't know about the trade with Fire Red part. But still, special Dark attacks are silly if you know what i mean.

ke14nt

king of Kingz
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
hey i'm just curious just like trevor813 is.. i just want to ask if red or ash would have the same starter
i mean like in the GSC game where his pokemon was on their final evolve form or would it be just like in
the series where his only fully evolve pokemon was charizard and the rest were not..
hey im just curious,,:P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
56ea2b68c356a3fa4c789459207717d2.png

just waiting for the next beta..goodluck!!

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
well since its a gold REMAKE ill go with the first one. I mean,if they werent evoed,would he really stand much of a chance? -_- but i cant be sure,well have to wait zels answer...hope i helped

Saviour_Gundam

ZGMF-X23S
Years
  • Age 36
  • CT
  • Seen Sep 24, 2010
Hey Zel, for amusement, you should do something for the final trainer, on days where you can't fight Red fight you! XD

Years
Hey Zel, Im Just Wondering Id The Day/Night System Will Be In This One?
That Day/Night System Was One Of My Favorite Features In G/S/C XD

By the way, although I won't be implementing that thing now (mainly because I have other priorities, and mainly 'cause I want Tutti to enjoy the system for some time), it could be possible (according to Mastermind_X) to do a similar system in FR, although, OBVIOUSLY, won't use real time, but would use the gameplay's time in order to do the night/day. It would be something, at least :P (But as I said before, I'm not gonna be doing something about it, 'cause I think finishing the game comes first, then we can discuss extra features all you want)
Not like day/night is something that I'm frenetically looking for, I prefer to first finish the game, and then we could discuss of stuff to add to it. From the talks we had with Mastermind, the first idea is to use Gameplay time, because there isnt any kind of timer, with the weird exception of the one used in the Battle Tower events (and I doubt that would be useful for anything, but, who knows?)

Well, I dont know. Perhaps one of these days I'll start discussing about what we could do with M_X. For now my focus is in other stuff.
Does I even need to write a mesage? I think you just can read(-:

@Zel: Maybe you could write a little "teaser" about your new mini region after Kanto? Just name, what's special about it, A few town names and then the sreenshot? (I know we just can use the seach botton)...
Then you could make it like a page from a magazine?
Or just show it here in a Quote from Carlos... Like "I came from this place, and..." or "Please visit me in next beta in..."
Just a tiny info about it please?

Last edited:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Does I even need to write a mesage? I think you just can read(-:

@Zel: Maybe you could write a little "teaser" about your new mini region after Kanto? Just name, what's special about it, A few town names and then the sreenshot? (I know we just can use the seach botton)...
Or just show it here in a Quote from Carlos... Like "I came from this place, and..." or "Please visit me in next beta in..."

I agree about D/N. It's not a big deal till all the other extras are done.

Zel already said that Carlos is a traveller from an unknown region so it's probabley unlikely for that to happen.

Zel Could you not tell us where new minigames and legendaries cuz that makes the game so much better.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Oh yh forgot. Well at least that's good.

I'm looking forward do what you can do for mini-games.

Yay My 200th post!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
And you've changed the TM's, right? Just to be sure

You still dont know what will you do with the FR move tutors, right? Well, how about putting the crystal move tutor, who would teach Bolt/Beam/Thrower for 4000 coins in the goldenrod GC?

Yes, I have changed them. It's not exactly the Gold's TM list, but more like a mix of the good moves from FR and the original moves from Gold.

About move tutors, at least I know one will be placed after the next Beta, since he'll teach a move that will have a new field effect. About the rest, it is still unknown how to change the move they teach, so as long as that is unknown, I dont want to put any other move tutor.

Hmm. I like the idea of a new version of "Card Flip" using pokeballs and actual pokemon. Also, I know the whole decoration thing would be hard to implement (and if you wanted to put it in i dont think anybody would mind waiting until the final version since its just a minor detail) but it would be nice. Gold/Crystal's room is too bare in game at the very least add some decor to it. Because it looks out of place if you look at Red's room he has a NES (N64 in GSC) and other little details that make the room stand out. Also, instead of decorating, the game could auto-decorate for certain events (beat the E4 and a Silver Trophy is set up in your room). But its not a big deal. Keep up the good work and I'm really looking forward to Beta 6.

After I finished the digging minigame I think the room decoration thing could follow a similar path. So, it's not like it's impossible, only quite hard (maybe harder than the digging minigame itself), that's why we'll wait for the final version, and then I'll decide what I'll do. The big problems resides more on the lack of overworlds FR has, I dont have many overworls left to use currently.

I say that zel should take his time with this hack and besides it really looks good ;)im curious if ash ( red) will have the same team from crystal :P LOL

In the original, it'll have the same team from Gold. On the X version, besides Pikachu, the rest of his team may be changed.

Well, I really dont want to talk about the islands after I release the next Beta. But, just for info: Carlos does not come from there (though he'll still bother you over there), instead, a new and the last rival will show up there (some of the older rivals will stop appearing, by the way)

That's all, I have to work on Uni stuff, so I guess I wont have too much till Thursday or something, since I'll have less time to work on hacking now.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
A Room decorating thing. Oohh, pretty good.

New rival... Can't wait.

Ahh man, you're taking the fun outta Red!

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2011
hi
my question is:what is if i wanna play the rom after i have patched it wis ips on my symbian mobile phone with Vbag??how can i fixe the real time clock??

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
ok i seem to be having more probs. When i beat the E4 and carlos and i go to the hall of fame it says saving but it doesn't and after the credits roll it just sends me to the title screen with ho-oh on it and when i load my game it just puts me right back where i saved last time: the entrance into the E4. My save type is flash 128k but still it won't save and i've heard that you need to restart it to fix it. How do you do this?

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2011
If you have S60 3rd download the newst version of vbag and save at the slots in the emu menu

Years
hi
my question is:what is if i wanna play the rom after i have patched it wis ips on my symbian mobile phone with Vbag??how can i fixe the real time clock??

I use the program gbata7-en to fix the real time clock on roms but as far as i know there is no real time clock in the firered rom so you won't need to fix it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Firered does not include a real time clock, although there is an internal battery which controls certain events.

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
I thought about that, but since you'd have to press a button to close the message and keep loading, I wasnt sure of how much of a good idea that was. Unless we have message boxes that can be automatically closed, does anyone know or remember?

Yes I knowone, how about the one that says: "Saving, don'turn off the power... " It closes automaticly!

Back