• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well, I think I reported it in the old thread, but zel said that he did it on purpose so we don't lose their experience. Don't worry about it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2009
Question, is there anyway to get pokemon like Salamance without cheating? And will there be an option that you can evolve pokemon without trading? Like a Haunter evolving into a Gangar at a certain level? That would be pretty cool. I have no idea how to trade using a link, so i'm just asking for myself. :P

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Question, is there anyway to get pokemon like Salamance without cheating? And will there be an option that you can evolve pokemon without trading? Like a Haunter evolving into a Gangar at a certain level? That would be pretty cool. I have no idea how to trade using a link, so i'm just asking for myself. :P

Zel said that you could all pokemon in the game. That means you can get Salamance and Ganger without cheat/trading. Just read the first page, it says it all and for what it does not just read the walkthrough (also on the first page or just click my sig)

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Wow Zel, this hack is looking amazing. All that work you've done, and its eye poping. If only other hackers and game makers had your kind of devotion. I still can't get over how much this has become. I remember when this thing first started, and now, its all over youtube, and everything. Great job man, your awsome.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
There is a glitch that if your on the S.S. Auqua and you dont find that guy who blocks the entrance to the captains room friend he will eventually phase through the wall. oh yeah and when you go back to the S.S. aqua you cant exit i went to bed like 20 times and it never worked. I was forced to use walk through walls cheat.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2008
*gasp* garfields in grade 8 as well! Im in 8th grade!.......
does anyone know how to make textures appear in the vector rendering engine? It keeps prosessing the colors but the textures are gone!
(P.S. im not spamming) *ehhem* I cant wait for beta 5! Keep going zel! you rock!

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2022
This hack is awesome. Kudos Zel. To the topic at hand however. Does anyone know where I can find a Torchic or another fire type? Im at Ecruteak City right now. Also Is there a pokemon location list in general?

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
This hack is awesome. Kudos Zel. To the topic at hand however. Does anyone know where I can find a Torchic or another fire type? Im at Ecruteak City right now. Also Is there a pokemon location list in general?

#1 - Well, Im sure you could just check out the ShinyGold Walkthough for a list of Pokemon or something of that nature.

#2 - Well, if you want a Fire Pokemon, you can get a Charmander at the Game Corner in Goldenrod City. You need to be good at slots though lol. Thank god the slots arn't that hard for me! XD

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
TheGamesOva: I'm also not sure if anyone worked on a list of Pokemon locations (though most likely, all you'll find is a list of Pokemon by map, I mean "route x has these pokemon"). I never made a general list, and I don't intend to do one (so, that depends on other people, not me)

Torchic's not in B4 and won't be yet on B5 either.

kiikasi: yes, you were... XD

chimchar59: what? (if anyone has the time to test what he said...)

Exo-Page: obviously, you will not get a Salamence directly, 'cause it's better to train a Bagon (so that's all you'll find, not in B4 or 5 though)

If there is more people with gameplay questions: Make sure to check this thread's first post, the "Tourist Center" section, thanks!

Well, I'm done with the using of the Phone (I've added Mom and Elm's part, but I have to edit the trainers... Guess I'm doing things a little slower, but at least I'm doing them -_-), so, out of that, I don't have anything relevant yet. Stay tuned!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Surprised3.jpg
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy2.jpg
I love the phonebooth!!!

Surprised3.jpg
zel's the greatest!!!
Smile.jpg
Keep it up, zel!!!

Zowayix

hi
Years
Did zel say that once he entirely finished the phone booth, that he would add screenshots?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Did zel say that once he entirely finished the phone booth, that he would add screenshots?

He hasn't finished the rematch trainers' scripts, so it isn't entirely finished yet.

I don't remember Zel mapping the routes east and north of Lavender, or Lavender/Rock Tunnel.

Because he mapped them in the three weeks the thread was closed.

I know the flying post issues have already been talked about, but I think it'd be worth mentioning that flying to New Bark Town sometimes results in the game thinking that it's in Pallet Town (but the map is still New Bark Town). Thus, the map turns to Kanto. However, fly to Pallet Town again, and it becomes New Bark Town again and back to the islands map. What was interesting though, was that if you fly to New Bark Town and thus turning the map to Kanto, you could fly to route 10 (aka PC by Mt. Moon) except you'd end up in Blackthorn City. I'll be honest here: going round places trying to find the flying post for various places is actually quite fun...until you crash the game that is.

Keep up the good work anyways ^_^

Zowayix

hi
Years
zel, you really should fix the warp glitches of newbark/pallet.
I know that there's 2 maps of new bark. one was pallet, the other was sevii isle 1.
lots of problems can happen if you fly to sevii isle 1 and wind up in the "old" bark town.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
zel, you really should fix the warp glitches of newbark/pallet.
I know that there's 2 maps of new bark. one was pallet, the other was sevii isle 1.
lots of problems can happen if you fly to sevii isle 1 and wind up in the "old" bark town.

Zel said the map isn't on his Priority list yet.
So instead of lazy flying, use the bike >>

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I don't know how or why, but this is a question...
Everyone is saying everything about the phone booths and signposts are awesome, but how do you know they are in the first place?
Could I see a pic?

Keep it up.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
I don't know how or why, but this is a question...
Everyone is saying everything about the phone booths and signposts are awesome, but how do you know they are in the first place?
Could I see a pic?

Because Zel posted these 2 posts a few pages back.

Here, I finished the video of the Phone Booth, just remember I still need to do that part of talking with Mom and Elm, I'll be working on that for the rest of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRS5WViYAE

More information on how the trainers' scripts will be affected now with the Phone Booth will come as soon as I finish working on their scripts.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Thanks. Sorry for the spam.
Anyways, good luck with the rest of the hacks.

...by the way.
The signpost doesn't go very well with the rest of the tiles. It's good, don't get me wrong.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
The phonebook is so cool...CAn't wait to use it!!! Great work Zel!
One question-On beta 2(want to complete the most of it)the sick miltank, if you give enough oran berries to it, will something happen?

Back