• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
After the first three people to fill the dex, has anyone else done it? I'm at a MASSIVE disadvantage (read: cannot play until 11th.) and I want to know if I still have a chance. My silver file is almost complete, and I intend on:

Spoiler:

Is there anything I'm missing?

EDIT: Oh, and I know this is an over used question, but are Shieldon and Bastiodon in the game?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I am almost there, or was, but sorta hit a brick wall...my trading from yellow to complete that and then go on to just the tradeins from crystal has started being problematic, for some reason it will not properly load the traded file, so I keep having to try to retry trading, it is annoying cause I am so close to my goal, too

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
After the first three people to fill the dex, has anyone else done it? I'm at a MASSIVE disadvantage (read: cannot play until 11th.) and I want to know if I still have a chance. My silver file is almost complete, and I intend on:

Spoiler:

Is there anything I'm missing?

EDIT: Oh, and I know this is an over used question, but are Shieldon and Bastiodon in the game?

Not quite missing, but you can make things alot easier. There's two Dusk Stones in game. Togepi is easy to catch. Nidoqueen can be traded for Nidoqueen in the underground passage in Moraga town. There's no Shieldon/Bastiodon.

Years
By tomorrow I will be done! I just need 2 more to complete it! I am already at the location in Crystal, just need to wait until the right time. Then after I catch that certain Pokemon, I will trade it to Brown, evolve it and submit my save file! Although, the traded Pokemon didn't register, CBM can still tell that I beat it right?

winner numbuh 4 is almost here! (unless someone else beats me to it today :p)!

Years
  • US
  • Seen Nov 25, 2009
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POKEDEX COMLETED!!!!!!! do you get the prize pretty soon after you show cbm your file, or do you have to wait for some time? i reaaaaaaaaly hope all my pokemon are legit(got mew from the mew glitch)

mattman324

Years
Not quite missing, but you can make things alot easier. There's two Dusk Stones in game. Togepi is easy to catch. Nidoqueen can be traded for Nidoqueen in the underground passage in Moraga town. There's no Shieldon/Bastiodon.

Ok...
DUSK STONE: Whoops. Thought there was only one.
TOGEPI: Hmm, I guess I'll just have to look harder.
NIDOQUEEN/KING: I know that, but I only get one moon stone, and I used that on Clefairy. Unless there are more that I am missing... Are there any?
S/B: Good...

EDIT: TWO more people finished? At this rate, I'll never catch up... *is depressed.*

Last edited:
Years
YAY I'M DONE! Lol, I got 5th but just barely, good job darkweavile :)! I will send the files tomorrow since its late and I'm really tired. Good luck to the last 5, I can help if anyone needs it so pm me ;).

Years
  • US
  • Seen Nov 25, 2009
Ok...
DUSK STONE: Whoops. Thought there was only one.
TOGEPI: Hmm, I guess I'll just have to look harder.
NIDOQUEEN/KING: I know that, but I only get one moon stone, and I used that on Clefairy. Unless there are more that I am missing... Are there any?
S/B: Good...

EDIT: TWO more people finished? At this rate, I'll never catch up... *is depressed.*

you still have a chance, just hold the turbo button and battle e4 ALOT
however, you might have to trade a lot

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POKEDEX COMLETED!!!!!!! do you get the prize pretty soon after you show cbm your file, or do you have to wait for some time? i reaaaaaaaaly hope all my pokemon are legit(got mew from the mew glitch)

Congratulations to you!

Good luck to the last 5. Meanwhile, I got more episodes to make for the whole world to see.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I confirmed one winner a few days ago, and two more just moments ago.

1. cardboardbox
2. clear
3. pizzakoe
4. Nick (Doesn't go to Pokecommunity)
5. Darkweaville
6. Charles

Only four more slots open people! If you want a shot at getting the prize, you better start now. I'll also reveal the prize to the public when all the slots are gone.

Last edited:
Years
I'm not sure if I'll get the prize. :( In Seashore a woman mentions Viridian and Pewter Cities of Kanto. In Route 48 there are trainers with level 29 and 33 pokemon, is this on purpose?
Can't wait to see more work on Prism!

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I have completed my pokedex, just waiting for coolboyman to email me back so that I can get his email address formally(sent the email through here) so I can attach the .sav hopefully the fact that I messed around behind walls while waiting for the new patch did not disqualify me, we shall see

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
1. cardboardbox
2. clear
3. pizzakoe
5. Darkweaville
6. BlueLatios
7. Charles
8. -PENDING- Dominus

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2009
uhh.. I patched the ips file onto a clean fire red (u).zip file, and it says the patch was successfully installed, but it won't work ''/

mattman324

Years
1. cardboardbox
2. clear
3. pizzakoe
5. Darkweaville
6. BlueLatios
7. Charles
8. -PENDING- Dominus

First off, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm never gonna get it... stupid family issues! Curse you!

Secondly, I'm being deleyed ANOTHER week. I get to play it next on the 18th.

Go on, you two. Win the prize quickly, so I can die without prolonged suffering.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
lol 2 more people need to hurry up and get the prize, so I can know what it is

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
uhh.. I patched the ips file onto a clean fire red (u).zip file, and it says the patch was successfully installed, but it won't work ''/

Firstly, right click the zip folder and hit extract all and confirm the extraction.
Then patch the IPS to the .gb file in the extracted folder which is now non-ZIP.

And your main problem with this would be the fact that you are trying to patch it to FireRed.
This hack was done over Pokemon Red Version, not Pokemon FireRed Version.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Koolboyman, I hate to alarm you but it looks like Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver have a Route 47 and 48.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back