• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
Trading Soulsilver Pokemon to White

When I try to download the PokeTransfer to my SoulSilver game I get an error message saying "No compatible Game Card is inserted. Please turn off the power and insert a compatible Game Card before you retry Poke Transfer". What do I do to fix it...?

Ruhn

Breeder
Years
hey guys. i have an urgend question. i tried several times to get into the gbu fights via wifi. but always when i try it tells me that there's a problem with my pokemon and i can't participate. how come? i didn't do anything wrong. no legends, no cheats, no nothing. just those i trained :S. i really don't know what i should do. (btw yes i'm also online at the global link site)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
When I try to download the PokeTransfer to my SoulSilver game I get an error message saying "No compatible Game Card is inserted. Please turn off the power and insert a compatible Game Card before you retry Poke Transfer". What do I do to fix it...?

You'll have to be more specific about what you're doing. Are the cartridges the same language? Are both of them legit, and in different DSes?

hey guys. i have an urgend question. i tried several times to get into the gbu fights via wifi. but always when i try it tells me that there's a problem with my pokemon and i can't participate. how come? i didn't do anything wrong. no legends, no cheats, no nothing. just those i trained :S. i really don't know what i should do. (btw yes i'm also online at the global link site)

I believe Sky Drop is also banned, as well as Chatot with Chatter. If neither of those are the problem, try listing your team here and we can see where the problem is.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I'm using an emulator to play White, so I do not have access to wi-fi. However, I do have PokeSav. Does anybody know the Map ID for Liberty Garden so I can go there with PokeSav? The Map ID is the number that goes in the MAP box in the Location section of PokeSav.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm thinking of using an electric pokemon this go around, is the zebra good? or should I wait for the spider?

I used Zebstrika and it worked out pretty well. The spider would be alright too though, ingame as long as you level it up it should work just fine.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm wondering, is Hydreigon considered to be an uber in online rules?

Online rules being Nintendo rules, or Smogon rules? Either way, I know it's not considered Uber in Smogon and I'm nearly 100% certain it's not banned online by the legendary/event/hack clauses by Nintendo.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I'm wondering, is Hydreigon considered to be an uber in online rules?
Nope. This is the Uber list, as far as I understand it;

• Arceus
  • Blaziken
  • Darkrai
  • Deoxys (Attack Forme)
  • Deoxys (Normal Forme)
  • Dialga
  • Giratina (Altered Forme)
  • Giratina (Origin Forme)
  • Groudon
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre
  • Lugia
  • Manaphy
  • Mewtwo
  • Palkia
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Shaymin (Sky Forme)
  • Zekrom

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
Pokemon Global Link Help?

I can't find anywhere else to put this:
I just went to the dream world today after a bit to get a guts Shinx.Then after my 6th trip to the IOD,I run around the forest and find No Pokemon(Shaking Trees)OR items(Sparkles).I've kept going and going and nothing comes.I've:
-Made a new tab
-The Traffic was Quiet.
-Kept exiting over and over(Dream World)
and still,the problem stays.Any help?

Years
That basically means that you are done for the day. I've heard that this is done so that people don't just spend their entire time in the dream world just entering and reentering the island of dreams. In any case, just wake up your Pokemon and wait until the next time you can enter DW. It should be fine then.

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
That basically means that you are done for the day. I've heard that this is done so that people don't just spend their entire time in the dream world just entering and reentering the island of dreams. In any case, just wake up your Pokemon and wait until the next time you can enter DW. It should be fine then.
Thats not the case.I've started at 9:03 PM my time,and it started at 9:11 PM.AND I tucked in my pokemon today.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

Nope. This is the Uber list, as far as I understand it;

• Arceus
  • Blaziken
  • Darkrai
  • Deoxys (Attack Forme)
  • Deoxys (Normal Forme)
  • Dialga
  • Giratina (Altered Forme)
  • Giratina (Origin Forme)
  • Groudon
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre
  • Lugia
  • Manaphy
  • Mewtwo
  • Palkia
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Shaymin (Sky Forme)
  • Zekrom

There's no finalized official ubers list in Comp-Battling as of yet, but also note that DrizzleSwim and Moody are also banned. Plus, using any Evasion+ moves or items and OHKO moves are in bad form.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Thats not the case.I've started at 9:03 PM my time,and it started at 9:11 PM.AND I tucked in my pokemon today.

No, not the hour is up. After so many sparkles and Pokemon encounters, you just don't see any more Pokemon. Usually this happens to me around 4-5 times through but it varies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...wait wat.

you see more Pokemon if you rack up more points? wat?

Moving this to quick questions so the actual thread isn't cluttered.

But yes - once you bypass 7500 points, a whole lot of new Pokemon and items start appearing in each area. :3 If you want to know the specifics, Bulbapedia and Serebii have it pretty well covered. Apparently the same occurs after 10,000.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
just making sure, sunce I haven't seen them yet. there are TMs for Earthquake and Flamethrower, right?

Earthquake is TM26, found in Relic Castle. Flamethrower is TM35 and found in the Abundant Shrine. Both are post-game, so that could be why you haven't seen them yet. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back