• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Minorthreat0987:

As I've learned, a reason why the game can freeze is that the game has to load a very large tileset bitmap, which is the case for the sample outdoor maps. I had therefore modified the RPG::Cache class to handle this case, namely that if loading the bitmap would cause the script to hang, it tries again. (As I've learned, RGSS raises the hanging-up exception only once per run.)

Not only that, but I'm starting to think the more maps linked to each other, then there is more lag. Like one or two maps has no lag for me (Violet City linked to Route 32) and then I have huge links like New Bark, Route 29, CherryGrove, Route 30 and Route 31 are all linked in a chain and those areas experience some lag.

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
Not only that, but I'm starting to think the more maps linked to each other, then there is more lag. Like one or two maps has no lag for me (Violet City linked to Route 32) and then I have huge links like New Bark, Route 29, CherryGrove, Route 30 and Route 31 are all linked in a chain and those areas experience some lag.

That's funny how everyone is saying that they're having lagging problems, I have connected Newbark and all the following routes up to azaalea town including pokemon encounters and trainers and NPC's and the game is running smooth and I have it at the normal resoultion not the smaller one that you can change in the option menu. I have no idea why some of you guys are having laggin problems.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
That's funny how everyone is saying that they're having lagging problems, I have connected Newbark and all the following routes up to azaalea town including pokemon encounters and trainers and NPC's and the game is running smooth and I have it at the normal resoultion not the smaller one that you can change in the option menu. I have no idea why some of you guys are having laggin problems.

You know...Whenever I play the games i am in the lower resolution which does make more processes because of scaling everything down every second. Who knows, all I know is that Golden Heights lagged tons more than my game...

Last edited:

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
Years
I just had a thought! Maybe you could do a Pal Park sorta thing by editing the load boxes script.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I am getting RMXP in about a couple of hours so I can't wait to try out the starter kit I already download the starter kit.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
A new version of Pokemon Essentials is now available.

Changes:

Implemented abilities that trigger on direct attacks
Added custom music function to Pokegear radio
Fixed bug where item GUARDSPEC wasn't defined
Fixed bug where Repel step count wasn't decreasing
Fixed bug where Flash darkness sprite disappeared after
Pokegear was closed
Fixed bug where trainer music failed to be set
Added support for a new format for windowskins
Improved performance of custom Tilemap class even more
Some performance changes in map connections feature
Using predefined Tilemap instead of custom Tilemap
in 480x320 screen size

Modified scripts:

Added: StringIO
Changed: PokemonMap
Changed: PokeBattle_Pokemon
Changed: PokemonOption
Changed: PokemonDayCare
Changed: PokemonPokedex
Changed: PokeBattle_MoveEffects
Changed: Scene_Map
Changed: RPGCache
Changed: Pokegear
Changed: PokemonField
Changed: PokeBattle_ActualScene
Changed: PokemonTrainers
Changed: PokemonTilesetEditor
Changed: SpriteResizer
Changed: PBFile
Changed: Main
Changed: BitmapCache
Changed: WindowAndTilemap
Changed: Game_Event*
Changed: Game_System
Changed: Credits
Changed: PBItems
Changed: PokemonEvolution
Changed: PBTrainers
Changed: Spriteset_Map
Changed: PokemonMessages
Changed: - Radio
Changed: SpriteWindow
Changed: PokemonUtilities
Changed: PokeBattle_Battle
Changed: PokemonItems
Changed: PokemonScreen
Changed: PokeBattle_Battler

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Yayz for asking the Custom music support :)

EDIT: I think If found a Good Bug. When you are in a battle while listening to a song you keep listening to it. I like this a lot, so don't fix it lol ;)

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but how do I add the updated stuff into my already started game? Which files from the updated kit will I have to add into or replace and where do I put them?

Will all I need to replace be the "scripts.rxdata"? Or is there more? I apologize; I'm sort of daft sometimes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
EDIT: I think If found a Good Bug. When you are in a battle while listening to a song you keep listening to it. I like this a lot, so don't fix it lol ;)

It's not a bug, it's intentional. It will work normally again after selecting "Default" from the "custom" menu.

The following files were added or changed since the last release:

PBS/items.txt
PBS/trainers.txt
PBS/trainernames.txt
Graphics/Windowskins/*.png
Graphics/Windowskins/*.txt
Audio/BGM/Descent.mid

That's about it.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Oh, ok....:)

Whats that Descent.mid for anyway? Just to show off custom songs if im not mistaken, correct?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
How do I change the title instead of it saying pokemon starter kit

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
How do I change the title instead of it saying pokemon starter kit

I could not discern exactly what title you wanted, but I'll give you both;

Title screen graphic:

Take a look in the Graphics folder for your game, there should be a subfolder named 'Titles' the title images should be in there...

Use paint, or some other program to edit the images.

Game Window Title:

In RPG Maker XP, Go to the 'Game' menu, click it.
There should be a menu, one of the options is 'change title'
Click that and a window should pop-up that'll let you edit your games title.

hope this helps...

Last edited:

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Ah, the new release fixed the horrible lag problem. Thats so awsome.

Theres a few things that I think would be nice in the kit and i dont think they would be to hard to program.
1. The little arrow that shows up under the door mats for indoor maps, I know it can be done with events but i also dont think it would be that hard to script.

2. If you press shift before the $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes is set true, the sprite still changes, Is there a way to fix it?

They are both little things so please DO NOT rush to get them done, I just think after all the important things are done they would be a nice little touch to make the kit feel more true to the games. but please do not rush to get them into the kit.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
To expand on the response from NytewolfAU2k7:

Essentially, though, the title screen just calls the game-loading screen. Here is an example of a very simple title scene:

Code:
 class Scene_Xxxx
   def main
     # Prepare scene
     Graphics.transition
     while $scene != self
        Graphics.update
        Input.update
        update
     end     
     Graphics.freeze
     # Dispose sprites
   end
   def update
     if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
       # Close scene here
       sscene=PokemonLoadScene.new
       sscreen=PokemonLoad.new(sscene)
       sscreen.pbStartLoadScreen # Will change scene if appropriate
     end
   end
 end

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I still need my question answered: how do I add Pokémon to the party after receiving them from the Professor?

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2008
I think we should work together to make a perfect working system ;)
There are still many features we could add...

We should discuss it on an a external forum.

Sry for my bad english.... Iam german ;)

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I get this weird error that my player just moves down without me touching the arrow key, and when he hits like a tree or something I lose control and cant move. its really weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back