• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta Adopt Em all.

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
Years
This may initially sound like an absurd game, but I came up with it out of the blue.

We'll start of with some set Pokémon, and whomever claims that Pokémon first owns it. You may nickname it. All Pokémon will start out at level 5.
I will have a list of users who are participating, followed by the Pokémon they own below. I will be constantly updating this so you know which Pokemon are available.

Another thing of note is I will occasionally bring event Pokémon into this, whether they be shiny or legendary, what have you, they will only be available for a short period of time! You can find these under the Event section.

A single post in this thread warrants 10 points, this should be a post that has role-play elements. If you are confused, just look at people's previous posts.

I will try and keep your points up to date next to your name and Pokémon you own, so keep that in mind; so if you're making a purchase from the shop, let me know in a post so I can subtract your total points, same goes for leveling up your Pokémon.

In regards to how you level up your Pokemon that you do own, you must use a rare candy, which can be purchased from the shop below.

In regards to evolving, you may evolve any Pokemon at level 10, By using an evolve stone, Pokémon can evolve! You must purchase one from the shop. I think it would be smarter for Pokemon to be able to evolve at whatever level they normally evolve at, so that's the new rule. Pokemon that evolve requiring specific items or moves now just level up at a certain level. Pokémon who are traded still level up by being traded. This still requires an evolve stone however. Pokemon that once leveled up requiring specific items or moves now level up at level 30.

A newly added feature is trading! You may trade with other players, by putting a Pokemon up for offer! If someone sees it and wants it, they may make an offer and if the trainer who initially put the Pokemon up accepts, your Pokemon will be switched!

There is also a limit to how many Pokémon a trainer can own. This limit is currently ten but can be extended by five using a certain item.

Another new thing that may interest certain people, is I will interact with you by adding random happenings from time to time. These can include almost anything but are not limited too an NPC trainer interacting with you, a random Pokémon encounter etc. I do this in an RP format, so if you are a fan of that you might enjoy this aspect. If you do not wish for me to interact with you using these random encounters, feel free to notify me.

If you don't see the post below this one, most people make regular posts talking about their experiences with their Pokémon and the things they do on a day-to-day basis. This is also done in an RP-Like format, and is a good way to gain Points.

Avaliable Pokemon
023.gif
307.gif
173.gif
019.gif
420.gif

453.gif
682.png
710.png
684.png
688.png
422-east.gif

Event Pokemon
Shiny Darumaka - Level 8 and holding a rare candy. - Over.
Shiny Bonsly - Level 3 and holding a rare candy - Over.
Hoopa - Level 10 holding three rare candies. - Over.
Shiny Venipede - Level 8 holding one rare candy. - Over.
Users Participating
Spoiler:

The Shop

Spoiler:

Trade Center
Spoiler:

History Log
Spoiler:

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to let me know via PM. This way the thread wont get clogged. And remember, if things aren't updated, just give it time. I may just be busy with school. Oh! And remember to inform me if you participating, so I can add you to the list. Be aware I will take any suggestions via PM as well. (Shop item ideas etc etc) Help with this is greatly appreciated. : )

Last edited:

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
This sounds like a big project for you but I'm liking the idea of it.

I think I would like to participate and after a lot of thought, I think I might like the Shinx please. I'm hoping I can nickname it any time because I can't think of one right now...

Just a couple of questions, and I am posting them here instead of PMing them because I think the answers would be something everyone would need to know. After adopting our Pokemon, do we just post General Chat sort of topics to increase our points or are we discussing our adoptees? Also, I'm assuming there will be no battling aspect of this as it might get a little too complicated at that point? (I based my adoption choice on this, picked Shinx because I think all the evolutions in this line are so cute).

Great idea, I'm really looking forward to this.

EDIT: If this takes off, I would love to help out, but I wouldn't be able to dedicate any time for about a month and a half.

atmmachine11

Years
This sounds like a big project for you but I'm liking the idea of it.

I think I would like to participate and after a lot of thought, I think I might like the Shinx please. I'm hoping I can nickname it any time because I can't think of one right now...

Just a couple of questions, and I am posting them here instead of PMing them because I think the answers would be something everyone would need to know. After adopting our Pokemon, do we just post General Chat sort of topics to increase our points or are we discussing our adoptees? Also, I'm assuming there will be no battling aspect of this as it might get a little too complicated at that point? (I based my adoption choice on this, picked Shinx because I think all the evolutions in this line are so cute).

Great idea, I'm really looking forward to this.

EDIT: If this takes off, I would love to help out, but I wouldn't be able to dedicate any time for about a month and a half.

I have to go to sleep since there is school tomorrow, but I'm glad I checked the thread before going to bed. You now own the Shinx. You can nickname it whenever you want, but just let me know when you do so I can update it. You also have 10 points for your first post. I think a great idea would be to discuss your adoptees among everyone else here. You might like to be creative and talk about adventures you have gone on with it etc etc. (Or anything else of course) Since general chat might make this a bit of a mess. It is a big project, but I do have hopes for it. As of right now, there will be not battling aspect. There's potential for anything though, if I come up with an easy enough way of conveying it. You may check the original post to see your stats and Pokemon now.

Help in the future would be great by the way! Thank you for offering. Whenever you have time you can let me know of any additional ideas you have. A new Pokemon has been placed in the Adoption place as well. (Because you got Shinx)

Oh, and finally I added a History Log.

Last edited:

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I have to go to sleep since there is school tomorrow, but I'm glad I checked the thread before going to bed. You now own the Shinx. You can nickname it whenever you want, but just let me know when you do so I can update it. You also have 10 points for your first post. I think a great idea would be to discuss your adoptees among everyone else here. You might like to be creative and talk about adventures you have gone on with it etc etc. (Or anything else of course) Since general chat might make this a bit of a mess. It is a big project, but I do have hopes for it. As of right now, there will be not battling aspect. There's potential for anything though, if I come up with an easy enough way of conveying it. You may check the original post to see your stats and Pokemon now.

Help in the future would be great by the way! Thank you for offering. Whenever you have time you can let me know of any additional ideas you have. A new Pokemon has been placed in the Adoption place as well. (Because you got Shinx)

Oh, and finally I added a History Log.

Thank you :)

My Shinx shall be nicknamed Sundiata, Sunny for short. He's a very gentle, easygoing Pokemon. I'm sure more of his personality will come out the longer I know him.

(I've written this out 3 times now, I keep getting distracted and the page keeps refreshing.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
I'll have Tepig, I love this fire starter and I think this is a great idea but it may get out of control eventually but there's always a first for everything and is there a limit of how many pokemon we have and could we trade with other users and have our own pokedex aswell, that might be too complicated to keep up with depends on how many users join in.

In your shop I think the price for rare candy and the evolve stone should be switched around.

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
Years
ill take pidgey beacuse i love fyling types and its very lovable able would make a good friend btw is evolution stone available Pidgeotite?

atmmachine11

Years
Thank you
1.%20smile.gif

My Shinx shall be nicknamed Sundiata, Sunny for short. He's a very gentle, easygoing Pokemon. I'm sure more of his personality will come out the longer I know him.

(I've written this out 3 times now, I keep getting distracted and the page keeps refreshing.)

Updated! My anxiety is not allowing me to sleep and it's now 5 am so I'm just going to stay awake from here. I have now updated it ~ Congrats. Oh, and you now have 20 points.

I'll have Tepig, I love this fire starter and I think this is a great idea but it may get out of control eventually but there's always a first for everything and is there a limit of how many pokemon we have and could we trade with other users and have our own pokedex aswell, that might be too complicated to keep up with depends on how many users join in.

In your shop I think the price for rare candy and the evolve stone should be switched around.

Alright! Congrats. You now have Tepig! (And 10 points) Trading sounds like a feature I should add, but I'll need some help with how it will be done. Pokedex sounds kind of interesting too but may be a bit complicated. I'll take it into consideration though. Also, I'll done! The prices have been switched. This definitely could get out of hand but let's let this live while it can! Ive added a limit to how many Pokemon we can have (10 for now) and I have added information about trading.

ill take pidgey beacuse i love fyling types and its very lovable able would make a good friend btw is evolution stone available Pidgeotite?

You now own Pidgey! And yes, but it has too be a Pidgeot before you can evolve it into Mega Pidgeot. (You also now have 10 points. )

Two new pokemon have been added in place of the adopted ones.

Last edited:

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Updated! My anxiety is not allowing me to sleep and it's now 5 am so I'm just going to stay awake from here. I have now updated it ~ Congrats. Oh, and you now have 20 points.
12:39am here and Sundiata has just managed to get to sleep. He has been super excited about having a new home and it took him a little while to settle down. He put a couple of burn marks in the carpet after his claws sparked a little too much, so I had to move him into a room that would accomodate his electricity better.

I'm actually really enjoying this, it's similar to a role play but there is no real storyline or plot to follow, just a development of your Pokemon. It's great :)

atmmachine11

Years
12:39am here and Sundiata has just managed to get to sleep. He has been super excited about having a new home and it took him a little while to settle down. He put a couple of burn marks in the carpet after his claws sparked a little too much, so I had to move him into a room that would accomodate his electricity better.

I'm actually really enjoying this, it's similar to a role play but there is no real storyline or plot to follow, just a development of your Pokemon. It's great :)

I think you have just set a staple for what regular replies should generally be. You now have 30 points. This was fun to read by the way. > u >

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Something new, totally different from the other Trivia games, as mentioned indeed more roleplaying. I like it.
A pity classiccartoonsftw has already claimed Darumaka. I'll adopt Goomy, if I may.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
After me and Tepig finally settled and bought half a dozen new curtains because Tepig couldn't control his temper, he falls asleep and enjoys his new home

I had an idea for evolving, considering most pokemon have more than 1 evolution how about they evolve within the game levels

e.g my Tepig evolves at level 17 than again at level 36 of course buying the evolve stone aswell

Also i'll have Oshawott, need plenty of water to control Tepig's temper lol

atmmachine11

Years
If I can. I wantr take Spinarak.
Done! Congrats, and thanks for joining!

Can I adopt the shiny Darumaka?
Yes ~ You now own him! Congratulations. And thanks for joining. Take note his item has been added to your item list.

Something new, totally different from the other Trivia games, as mentioned indeed more roleplaying. I like it.
A pity classiccartoonsftw has already claimed Darumaka. I'll adopt Goomy, if I may.
Yes...its a pity you missed out on that, but don't worry! Future event Pokemon shall appear. And Goomy is cute too. : ' ) I used to love roleplaying, I'm glad you like it. Thanks for joining!

After me and Tepig finally settled and bought half a dozen new curtains because Tepig couldn't control his temper, he falls asleep and enjoys his new home

I had an idea for evolving, considering most pokemon have more than 1 evolution how about they evolve within the game levels

e.g my Tepig evolves at level 17 than again at level 36 of course buying the evolve stone aswell

Also i'll have Oshawott, need plenty of water to control Tepig's temper lol

I hope those new curtains did not cost too much. You now have 20 Points for the record. I'll look into it, that sounds like a better idea. But ive been up since 2 am and just got home from school, : ' ) so I'll put that in later.

You now own Oshawott as well! Have fun.

Alright everyone, sorry if this update was "late" for any of you. I had school, as most of us do. I just got home, and I'll be updating this every day after school (and possibly some mornings if I wake up early. ) I'll also make sure to update it later tonight as well. I'm happy you have all been nice and patient! ; u ;

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I took Sundiata for a walk this morning, and met a lovely old man. He took one look at Sunny and told me he has a very Gentle nature. We stood and chatted for a short time while Sunny chased a couple of Caterpie around a nearby tree. The old man offered to introduce me to his grandson who had a talent for judging a Pokèmon's potential, but I had to turn him down. I wasn't looking for a fighter in Sunny, just a friend, and his gentle nature seems to fit that perfectly.

On the way home we visited the shop and I bought 2 rare candies for Sundiata for being such a good little Shinx on our first walk. I feed them both to him and he settled down for a nap seeming very happy.

Quick Update: +10 points for posting, -30 points for rare candies, +2 levels for Sundiata.
Please correct me if I made a mistake.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
Finally Tepig temper is under control thanks to Oshawott and they both get along really well, both went to the park and had a really good time but unfortunately Tepig lost control AGAIN and chased a few Patrats, I'm hoping to find something to calm him down and teach him to control his temper

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
<When I take my Spinarak. I fell very happy since I like so much this Pokemon... When we arrived to home. I show him new bed. It was designed on style of spider nest. So in there Spinarak can fell like in home... I hope that he like him new bed. After spinarak Nap i go to the plains and want train with him>

atmmachine11

Years
I took Sundiata for a walk this morning, and met a lovely old man. He took one look at Sunny and told me he has a very Gentle nature. We stood and chatted for a short time while Sunny chased a couple of Caterpie around a nearby tree. The old man offered to introduce me to his grandson who had a talent for judging a Pokèmon's potential, but I had to turn him down. I wasn't looking for a fighter in Sunny, just a friend, and his gentle nature seems to fit that perfectly.

On the way home we visited the shop and I bought 2 rare candies for Sundiata for being such a good little Shinx on our first walk. I feed them both to him and he settled down for a nap seeming very happy.

Quick Update: +10 points for posting, -30 points for rare candies, +2 levels for Sundiata.
Please correct me if I made a mistake.

Wow this was a fun post to read! Sounds like you have gone through a lot. A gentle nature huh? Interesting. You were correct, you are now at 10 points. And Sundiata is level 7. Interesting how you decided not to battle that stranger. I wonder if anyone else will go a different route with there pets. Sundiata seems to be a good fit for you.

Finally Tepig temper is under control thanks to Oshawott and they both get along really well, both went to the park and had a really good time but unfortunately Tepig lost control AGAIN and chased a few Patrats, I'm hoping to find something to calm him down and teach him to control his temper

I'm glad they are getting along well! Oh man. Poor Patrat's. Maybe if you find a good open area that he can run around in he might be able to blow off some steam easier. (Oh and plus 10 points)

<When I take my Spinarak. I fell very happy since I like so much this Pokemon... When we arrived to home. I show him new bed. It was designed on style of spider nest. So in there Spinarak can fell like in home... I hope that he like him new bed. After spinarak Nap i go to the plains and want train with him>

That sound's like a cute bed. You are now at 20 points.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
After a goodnight sleep Tepig has finally calmed down and settled into his new home, meanwhile Oshawott was taking a swim and accidentally splashed Tepig, Tepig got frustrated and flame charged Oshawott, thankfully Oshawott is fine and Tepig got a good telling off

atmmachine11

Years
After a goodnight sleep Tepig has finally calmed down and settled into his new home, meanwhile Oshawott was taking a swim and accidentally splashed Tepig, Tepig got frustrated and flame charged Oshawott, thankfully Oshawott is fine and Tepig got a good telling off

40 Points ~ Nice job.

Back