• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Taking It For Granted

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
define "take your life for granted"

Same as taking a person or object for granted. Ie: having a roof above your head, you know, like counting your blessings?

I, well... I take my life for granted. I feel like I should be more grateful that I can read, write and talk...and having a home to be able to live in.

Years
I don't think I do. I don't think being dissatisfied with what you have is the same as not appreciating that you have it.

This. While I do have a roof over my head that's about it.
I don't have consistent food security and I've never had love in my life.
And since I'm 28, it's a bit too late to really develop so I'm basically an emotionless, hard being.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Occasionally, for sure. It's not something I think about all the time - things/people that I have in my life are often just things/people in my life, but I do also have moments where I can step back and appreciate everything and everyone I have. I am quite fortunate and I know this, it's just that when you're caught up in daily life it's sometimes easy to forget as you go about doing your own thing. I can admit that.

One example of something I take for granted all the time is my health, and it's really only something I've been considering more recently because I have been fortunate enough to not have to think about it as much. It always takes me getting sick or having health issues to realize how lucky I usually am. I had an ulcer a while back and I was in pain a lot of the time. When it finally went away, I was just like "damn, I am so lucky right now - I missed not being in pain so much".

Back