• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
How do you make a person give you a pokemon? or a pokemon egg?

If it's a script could someone please give a step by step quick guide because I don't know how to use script tools.. Thanks!

You should look here. Its thethethethe's scripting tutorial. It covers all your questions. It's very useful.

BillSparrow

Unstoppable Wind
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
I've been lookin' all over the place, but what is the pallet offset for the intro to Ruby/Sapphire. Just for the Hereos riding the bikes(both the hero and the bike)

Years
I inserted a new pokemon using unZL.GBA for the sprite and Pokemon Editor Pro.

However when I was testing it, I encountered it in the grass, and the sprite was just all black except for the highlights.

I'm absolutely baffled and have no idea what could be the problem. Does anybody recognise this problem or know how it can be fixed? Thanks.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
I inserted a new pokemon using unZL.GBA for the sprite and Pokemon Editor Pro.

However when I was testing it, I encountered it in the grass, and the sprite was just all black except for the highlights.

I'm absolutely baffled and have no idea what could be the problem. Does anybody recognise this problem or know how it can be fixed? Thanks.

Some times the colours can get all messed up. you have to make sure it is exported with the right number of colours from your graphics application before inserting it into your rom, iv not done much GBA stuff, but I think a Pokemon can have 16 colours, in which one would be black and one would be white.

I can't find PET anywhere.

Can anyone give me the link?

*It needs to work with fire red

Thanks

Im prety sure PET is included with the elitemap installation.

Years
Some times the colours can get all messed up. you have to make sure it is exported with the right number of colours from your graphics application before inserting it into your rom, iv not done much GBA stuff, but I think a Pokemon can have 16 colours, in which one would be black and one would be white.

Yeah I made sure it was (it didn't let me import the image unless it was correct). Just 16 colours, all the same as combusken's colours - its the sprite I replaced, and it had to have the exact same colours.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Yeah I made sure it was (it didn't let me import the image unless it was correct). Just 16 colours, all the same as combusken's colours - its the sprite I replaced, and it had to have the exact same colours.

Could you send me the image and i'll see what I can do?

I'll run it through Fireworks exporting to bmp thingy just to see where its going wrong.

Iv pm'd you my email address if you decide to send it to me.

Years
After much searching on google I was only able to find one download link for PokePic. It was version 1.0. Is this the latest version? Is it supposed to work with Fire Red and Leaf Green? Because it just won't load either of those ROMs, I don't even get an error message - just nothing! They're working ROMs too, they're not buggy or broken. Works perfectly fine with Ruby and Sapphire, but I don't want to hack those games.

I still need someone to answwer this question - I can't get any other suggested sprite importing programs to work properly, and I haven't seen how this works yet with fire red.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
I still need someone to answwer this question - I can't get any other suggested sprite importing programs to work properly, and I haven't seen how this works yet with fire red.

PokePic is designed for Ruby and Saphire. Your going to have to use unLZ for FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald.

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
Learning to make named new areas and warps to lead there and back?

I'm trying to edit Leaf Green with a cave in Pallet Town and still haven't been able to figure out warping to new maps. I'm not sure what order to do any of this. I was able to make a warp lead into the cave entrance but I couldn't get the warp out of it back to Pallet Town to work. I just got stuck in the cave. I also couldn't name the inside without renaming Pallet Town.

I deleted that and tried again. This time I've only done the first step. This won't be my final hack. I'm just using this to learn how to get making new areas and warps to work.

I made Pallet Town bigger and made a cave over to the right.

I want to make a new map for the inside of the cave. The inside will be small, 10 x 8. It will lead to another area underground, but that will be made later. For now, I just want to be able to get the warps to work and not get stuck in the cave. I want to use Tileset 1: 0 and Tileset 2: 37 so it I can use some of the same tiles as Diglett's Cave (but not lead there).

Here is what the character should be able to do.

1. Go over to the cave in Pallet Town.
2. Walk up to the cave entrance and go inside.
3. That will use a warp to lead to the new map which should be named Pallet Cave.
4. The inside of Pallet Cave would (probably) be bank number 43 and map number 0.
5. While inside Pallet Cave, the character should then be able to go down and out through a warp that leads back outside and end up standing in Pallet Town just outside the entrance to the cave.

I am using AdvanceMap. I also have Advance Text, but I don't know if I need that for naming new areas without renaming current areas.

Can someone explain how to do this and the order it needs to be done? I need to know the details about how to do this and not just something like "click on OK on whatever pops up". I need to know what I should be seeing to make sure I'm doing this correctly and that the programs and ROM I'm using are not defective.

So far, what I've found on these boards seems to be more for people who already have some experience with editing ROMs. I'm looking for detailed help for those of us who are just starting out. I'm not asking anyone to make this hack for me, I'm looking for instructions that I can understand and use.

Years
Another question ^_^;

So... I'm trying to edit some of my own pokemon into the game. Ok, not really serious for the final completed hack but just for practice so I know what I'm doing.I'm using Pokemon Editor Pro. because its the only tool I can find that will edit the attacks a pokemon has where the attack names are not in Spanish.

Ok, so I editec the attacks, saved, tested, worked fine. Then I made a second new pokemon, not next but just after the next place in the pokemon list from the previous pokemon I'd created. I gave it its new attacks, saved, tested, worked fine. But here's the thing - When I went to the first pokemon I'd made, many of its attacks had been overwritten for some reason, just with the attacks I gave my second pokemon. (and when I try to correct it the other pokemon's attacks are overwritten - so I can't edit one without the other getting messed up)

I thought maybe it was because the default offsets for the attack tables overlapped so I got a hex editor so I could find empty offsets and give the attack tables very different offsets - but the exact same problem persisted, so I know it isn't to do with that.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I never tried Editor Pro, though...
But why not give PKMN Amplifier a try?
Here's a screeny of what it looks like.

Years
Another question ^_^;

So... I'm trying to edit some of my own pokemon into the game. Ok, not really serious for the final completed hack but just for practice so I know what I'm doing.I'm using Pokemon Editor Pro. because its the only tool I can find that will edit the attacks a pokemon has where the attack names are not in Spanish.

Ok, so I editec the attacks, saved, tested, worked fine. Then I made a second new pokemon, not next but just after the next place in the pokemon list from the previous pokemon I'd created. I gave it its new attacks, saved, tested, worked fine. But here's the thing - When I went to the first pokemon I'd made, many of its attacks had been overwritten for some reason, just with the attacks I gave my second pokemon. (and when I try to correct it the other pokemon's attacks are overwritten - so I can't edit one without the other getting messed up)

I thought maybe it was because the default offsets for the attack tables overlapped so I got a hex editor so I could find empty offsets and give the attack tables very different offsets - but the exact same problem persisted, so I know it isn't to do with that.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

I helped Darthatron out with the moveset data in PEP. I know the problem. Its because of the way the attacks are set up. Around the "?" pokemon, the moveset data goes like this.
FF 2D 02 FF 2D 02 FF 2D 02 FF 2D 02.... etc.
This just means that the data for each "?" pokemon, there is only space for one attack. So when you change/add attacks for the "?" pokemon it just overwrites the other attacks.
To fix this, we have the possibliity within the program to repoint the data. This is something that other programs don't offer. Open up your hex editor. In notepad (or in your head) add up the number of attacks that you plan on adding.
Now, here's how to figure out how much space you need.
((No. of attacks) * 2) + 2
That's how many bytes you need to find. Now search through the rom in a hex editor, for however many bytes are needed. Once you've found a location, write it down.
Now go back to PEP, and click on the "repoint" option. Paste/type in the destination and click save. Now you can freely add those attacks you wanted.
Hopefully you can understand it. And I know it's a bit of work, but unless you want to do it all in hex, this is probably the easiest way.

Years
I helped Darthatron out with the moveset data in PEP. I know the problem. Its because of the way the attacks are set up. Around the "?" pokemon, the moveset data goes like this.
FF 2D 02 FF 2D 02 FF 2D 02 FF 2D 02.... etc.
This just means that the data for each "?" pokemon, there is only space for one attack. So when you change/add attacks for the "?" pokemon it just overwrites the other attacks.
To fix this, we have the possibliity within the program to repoint the data. This is something that other programs don't offer. Open up your hex editor. In notepad (or in your head) add up the number of attacks that you plan on adding.
Now, here's how to figure out how much space you need.
((No. of attacks) * 2) + 2
That's how many bytes you need to find. Now search through the rom in a hex editor, for however many bytes are needed. Once you've found a location, write it down.
Now go back to PEP, and click on the "repoint" option. Paste/type in the destination and click save. Now you can freely add those attacks you wanted.
Hopefully you can understand it. And I know it's a bit of work, but unless you want to do it all in hex, this is probably the easiest way.

Thanks for the in-depth reply. :) I'm a little confused though... I'm not really all that great with a hex editor and to be honest I don't even know what a byte looks like.

Will I need a fire red tbl file? I can't seem to find one anywhere I've spent ages on google looking for one. Oh... blast... it keeps giving me an error report window whenever I try to open the ROM in Hexecute. Um... can't really look to see just now, my computer does this sometimes, but I'm pretty sure I don't really know what a byte looks like on the hex editor. What would I be looking for?

Also I can't find anything that says 'repoint' in PEP for some reason...

Sorry about that. I know it sounds like I'm being a pest but I'm really confused.

Years
Thanks for the in-depth reply. :) I'm a little confused though... I'm not really all that great with a hex editor and to be honest I don't even know what a byte looks like.

Will I need a fire red tbl file? I can't seem to find one anywhere I've spent ages on google looking for one. Oh... blast... it keeps giving me an error report window whenever I try to open the ROM in Hexecute. Um... can't really look to see just now, my computer does this sometimes, but I'm pretty sure I don't really know what a byte looks like on the hex editor. What would I be looking for?

Also I can't find anything that says 'repoint' in PEP for some reason...

Sorry about that. I know it sounds like I'm being a pest but I'm really confused.

Nah it's okay.
1) No need for a table.
2) You just need to search for the calculated amount of bytes (((No. of attacks) * 2) + 2) worth of "FF".
3) Try XVI32. It doesn't support tables and it's pretty basic. I find it pretty easy to use.
4) It's not actually called repoint. It's called "offset", and it's within the attack table section.

If there's any need for more clarification, go ahead and ask.

Years
Nah it's okay.
1) No need for a table.
2) You just need to search for the calculated amount of bytes (((No. of attacks) * 2) + 2) worth of "FF".
3) Try XVI32. It doesn't support tables and it's pretty basic. I find it pretty easy to use.
4) It's not actually called repoint. It's called "offset", and it's within the attack table section.

If there's any need for more clarification, go ahead and ask.

Thanks a lot for your help I think I know what to do now. Thanks again! :D

EDIT: And it works!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back