• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What was your in game team

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
In X - which was the one I got at launch - I just ended up using Greninja, Talonflame, and Snorlax. I typically prefer 3 or 4 Pokemon on a team.

I finally got around to playing through Y this past week. I wanted to use Pokemon I'd never used before (with one exception), so I caught a bunch of Pokemon, and narrowed it down. For the first time in quite a while, I ended up with a full team of 6. There's Delphox, Toxicroak, Sylveon, Crawdaunt, Ampharos, and Drifblim.

Originally, I wasn't going to use either Ampharos or Drifblim, but I happened to run into a Mareep and caught it, and I remembered how much I like it. Plus, my team didn't otherwise have a Pokemon that could mega evolve. Drifblim was an even later addition - it's still mid 30s when the rest of my team is about 50 - but I wanted an interesting Flying type, and didn't want to bench anything else, which is why I ended up with six.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm playing X for the first time now! My team so far is:

Quilladin
Marshtomp (shiny, perf, traded)
Raichu
Fletchinder
Lucario (Korrina's)
Gardevoir (perf, traded)

I wanted to use my Wartortle and eventually Mega Blastoise, but Marshtomp was more useful tbh. Plus I never trained a shiny before haha so that's fun. I was hesitant about using the Gardevoir at first, and it's still overleveled at this point, but I'm using it as a last resort when all else fails pretty much haha. It's holding Gardevoirite also.

xXLunaSolXx

I have just beaten the 2nd gym! My team so far is:

Aoi the Frogadier
Ignatius the Charmeleon
Cyrus the Helioptile
Elric the Tyrunt
Hyades the Sylveon
Thumper the Steelix (HM Slave)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
This was my team when I first played.
Greninja
Diggersby
Charizard
Aromatisse

I'm doing a challenge run on Y atm so my current team is
Tyrantrum
Blastoise
Scolipede
Talonflame

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Never played any Generation VI game, except Alpha Sapphire.

My two teams (main, then semi-competitive):

Waterproof (Gardevoir)
SpongeBob (Ludicolo)
RobotChicken (Skarmory)
Mario (Probopass)
The Future (Latias)
DroptheBasin (Kyogre)

Talonflame
Chrissy (Milotic)
ICU (Metagross)
Ludwig (Salamence)
Roserade
Glaceon

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
Beat the Champ with Swampert, Raichu, Simisear, Shiftry, Pelipper, and ??? ( cant remember off the top of my head) 2nd time was the same lineup, but had Blastoise and Rayquaza instead of Pelipper and ???

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
Years
My team was Greninja, Talonflame, Gardevoir (which is awesome in X/Y), Garchomp, Venusaur and Lucario. Spend hours to find a decent Riolu, only to find out you get a Lucario for free later on -.-

Years
I'm coming at this from a different perspective. I have yet to play he game but based on my looking up of the Pokemon available early on in the game, this s the team I would like to put together when I play:

Fennekin
Bulbasaur
Pansage
Pansear
Panpour
Amaura

I think its pretty cool that I can get each Pokemon pretty early in the game (highest level will be Amaura at 20). I can finally play through with the same six Pokemon the whole time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I just entered the Hall of Fame with:

Raichu
Swampert
Gardevoir
Talonflame
Lucario
Arceus

But Talonflame was the only one I caught myself ahahaha. So not a very Kalos team perhaps XD I also used a Mega Gengar for a long time, but ditched my Chesnaught starter pretty early on (before lv 40 I think). Thought about using Xerneas, but then I suddenly remembered to fetch my event Arceus and welp, it was fun to have as a backup when things got rough hahah. I really just wanted to get through the game, wasn't big on dignity d:

Back