• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV (Severe) Attachment to Characters

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Does reality tv count? Whenever my favourite players are voted off the island or eliminated, I get the feels :(

...and then I proceed to check their social media profiles :)
I'm sure it counts! But on the bright side, at least they don't die when they're eliminated from a show. ^^;

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Dr. Gregory House, among other characters, from House MD. It was a pain thinking I wouldn't be seeing them any longer after the show was done with.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
As a fan of Gravity Falls, it had quite an astounding cast of characters that left a significant impact on me during a time when Adventure Time could not.

The one that really magneted my attention to the show was Pacifica Northwest, and it's all thanks to Northwest Mansion Mystery.

When the show ended, I was not happy with how she was handled, even though she could have been even worse in that episode.

Since the episode I mentioned above won an Annie Award, my expectations for her role skyrocketed, since I expected Alex to deliver an equally as excellent closure for her.

I do have hopes that one day, a spiritual successor will do her job far more effectively, but it will be a while before that happens, though.

Despite the disappointing outcome, Pacifica remains one of my primary favourite characters out of all the characters in the entire show.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm sure just about everyone on PC knows that I have a severe attachment to Loki. He's so much more than people give him credit for. He can't help that he's a troubled soul because he has lived a fractured life. I can't help but feel bad for him. Sure, he almost tried to take over the world... but he's just super unhappy with himself. I hope he gets a chance to redeem himself in Thor 3.

Also, it depends on how far one goes. My obsession with Loki isn't as extreme as you think. I know some people who go overboard with things. It's really hard to explain without offending anyone though. >< I've actually recently discovered that I also have a thing for the Desendants franchise. I'm in love with Harry Hook, who is Captain Hook's son (as you can see from my theme). I'm in love with this franchise and have all three of the prequels. I'm in the process of trying to finish the second movie. I used to be really bad about going overboard myself, and I guess I just sort of mellowed out... but it depends on how obsessed I am. Being autistic also drives my obsessions to the more extreme levels at times. So, I know what it feels like to go down that road.

Dr. Gregory House, among other characters, from House MD. It was a pain thinking I wouldn't be seeing them any longer after the show was done with.

omg this... that's probably why I'm so terrified of finishing the series. I have such a huge obsession with Dr. House, and it resurfaces every time I watch the series as well. ;o;

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
Years
I definitely grow attached to characters but not usually too deeply.

That said, if I adore a character, I'm attached to them. This bond is usually infinitely memorable and unforgettable for me. I'd love to meet them in person!

Unusually; I even fall hopelessly, head over heels, in love with a character, as another character. But this is uncommon and usually temporary. I definitely fell in love with several anime guys; especially if I identified with one of the female characters. If I identified with a male character; I fell in love with a cute anime girl. Being genderfluid means I have no control over what gender of character Identify with, it's rolled with each show.

I especially bonded as Ash to Dawn, and to a lesser extent Serena to Ash in the respective seasons. Currently in this generation I'm bonding as Mallow to Ash. :3 This process is by far what dictates my shipping preferences, and the "bonding" is just my usual imaginary empathy running on high. Amusingly I even bonded as Cilan to Ash and Ash to Bianca too. Generation 1-3 saw a Misty to Brock, then Ash grow.

The longer the show, the more likely I form unseen relationships...if I actually identified with anyone in the show.

Ah! My Goddess, Shugo Chara:
Spoiler:

string555

Banned
Years
Spoiler:

I stopped watching that show at some point, but damn, I didn't know they killed off Root. She was cool, and the first to actually acknowledge the machine as being sentient. :(

I can't think of any of my own fictional attachments off the top of my head, though. :O

Back