• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Creating an Evo for Hypno seems like a cool idea, I'd like to see that. At the same time, i think a pre-/Evolution for Absol would be pretty nice

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
sPA boost, yeah, but a sPD lowering would even it up a bit for an evolution. I mean otherwise it'd rival Gardevoir in a way and might make it used less :/

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
Years
Really hope corsola gets an evo. Basically like Krabby to Kingler, just a bigger, more awsome version of corsola. Theres quite few Gen 2 pokes i think should get evos (heracross,dunsparce,quilfish), and also pinsir and sableye

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
That's awesome! Steel evolutions for Carracosta... hmmm... it'd benefit Archeops because it'd be less SR weak, too! Daym this'd make certain Pokemon wayyy too strong lmao. But I really like the idea a lot!!

Ha ha mechanical Archeops would be pretty cool, except way too strong in my opinion :nervous:! Turning Archeops into a Steel/Flying would give him only 2 weaknesses (fire, electric). Although this could be a downside because Archeops loses the effectiveness of STAB stone edge and rock slide, and replaces it with STAB steel (which has terrible type coverage).
Great idea nonetheless! :laugh:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I want to see a kangaskhan pre evo so badly. I also wanna see Dunsparce get some attention.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Does anyone think Bisharp should be given an evolution, by any chance? This Pokemon isn't really pretty known, and it's type is fairly horrible, leaving it weak to a lot of the game's types (even the popular ones like Ground and Fire, and even Fighting ). Do you think an evolution might give Bisharp what it needs to survive in the increasingly offensive metagame?

I always thought that Bisharp should evolve into either the king or queen in chess. Obviously these evolutions would be based on gender (Male Bisharp evolve into king, and female evolve into queen).
Now, I know I do a lot of statistics, but I like doing them for some reason.

Monzaror (King)
Hp: 95
Atk: 130
Def: 105
SpAtk: 60
SpDef: 90
Spd: 70
BST: 550

Regade (Queen)
Hp: 70
Atk: 140
Def: 80
SpAtk: 60
SpDef: 80
Spd: 120
BST: 550

As you can see, Monzaror (Monarch and Razor) is the physical tanker. And Regade (Regal and Blade) is the physical sweeper.

BTW everyone, can you let me know wether or not you like my made-up statistics, or would you rather me not write them? I just want to know.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Pinsir and heracross pre-evos

I just found this randomly on the web. What do you guys think?
Convincing fake, or a proof heracross and pinsir will have pre evos?

Im not sure what to think, since it doesnt specify where this was taken or anything else...but they definitely look cute and realistic enough, at least to me

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Pinsir and heracross pre-evos

I just found this randomly on the web. What do you guys think?
Convincing fake, or a proof heracross and pinsir will have pre evos?

Im not sure what to think, since it doesnt specify where this was taken or anything else...but they definitely look cute and realistic enough, at least to me

Nah it was a fake, and Mr XY said it'd be on the 15th and it wasn't :( Wouldn't mind something like them, though!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Nah it was a fake, and Mr XY said it'd be on the 15th and it wasn't :( Wouldn't mind something like them, though!

Oh man that's sad, i already got all my hopes up :(
The designs are kinda cool though, so i still hope they do get a real pre-evo!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Maractus looks more like a pokemon who could get an actual Evolution to me, he just seems to have the potential to be more than he is now imo.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Personally I believe Maractus should get the Roselia treatment. A small baby cactus pre evo with a small flower, and a large cactus that I imagine to look like a mix of ludicolo and Cacturne

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
That actually sounds like a really cool idea, I'd love to see that happen! Should his evo get a second type or remain a pure grass type?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Pure grass probably, unless sound was to become a type (which I really doubt :x)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I honestly don't see giving Maractus any other evolutions. I mean it's definitely possible, but I feel like it's one of those stand-alone Pokémon. Although, a baby cactus that was cute (since Cacnea isn't) would be adorable.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I might see a baby Maractus but I dunno about an evolution. I think it's fine the way it is personally.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Pretty much my feeling. I feel like it getting bigger somehow so we had a giant cactus would almost just be ridiculous.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
What about some of the other 13 Unova Pokémon that don't have evolutions or pre evolutions? I can see Audino, Sawk, Throh, and Basculin getting something this time around.

ProfessorBeeching

Professor Of Fail
Years
I don't understand why people dislike Pre-Evos. Granted, they're weaker and more gimmicky, but they're also cute and fun to raise. besides if you're playing only for stats then you're not really playing right.
I want to see some branched evolutions similar to Gen II's to Gen I; a 'Politoed' equivalent to the Tympole line, and possibly link Sawk and Throh just like the Hitmons. After all, Gen V was more or less designed to have similarities to the first one.
As for Prevos, Kangaskhan needs fixing. It's been four generations as of X and Y since breeding was introduced and it needs to lose that baby! the breeding mechanics left no room for mammallian breeding in the Pokeverse...though that sentence implies humans in the pokemon world also breed with eggs...

Anyway, Lapras needs something smaller and cuter to come from, and as for evolutions perhaps Mr Mime could become something a little less freaky. Audino getting a 'new blissey' look would also be appreciated. Farfetch'd also called, he wants to be cool again.

Back