• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen HEEELP!

Nothing Lasts Forever

Bitter is better.
Years
Help!
I played Pokemon Fire red version, and on the part of this introduction (help system), everytime I press A, it won't go next!
So I can't play it! Please help me and tell me what to do!
ps. My first time on playing GBA roms on pc. I'm playing on android before SO i'm so not sure about VBA.

Flan

has the bird flu.
Years
  • Age 27
  • NYC
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Help!
I played Pokemon Fire red version, and on the part of this introduction (help system), everytime I press A, it won't go next!
So I can't play it! Please help me and tell me what to do!
ps. My first time on playing GBA roms on pc. I'm playing on android before SO i'm so not sure about VBA.

Have you perhaps checked the VBA's button configuration settings to make sure all the buttons are registered properly (in a format comfortable for you)? I was about to say it may be a faulty ROM, since there are so many floating around of 3rd generation games, but I hesitate to actually claim that seriously.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Yeah, give your control configurations a quick look and see if you're pressing the right key.

Nothing Lasts Forever

Bitter is better.
Years
Have you perhaps checked the VBA's button configuration settings to make sure all the buttons are registered properly (in a format comfortable for you)? I was about to say it may be a faulty ROM, since there are so many floating around of 3rd generation games, but I hesitate to actually claim that seriously.

I cant find the conf. settings. its not in the file button, options, cheats or help button.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
There's no "Joypad" option in the File menu? I just checked VBA myself, and the option is there.

Back