• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
I found complete list of HM's on the official site of LP

Next to every Gym is written where to find HM you can use with Badge

i have made the above list from there...but i want to know the name of the HM

anyone????????????????????????????????

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Hey, it's exciting to see the English Release.

I have one quick question, to my knowledge Milotic was unobtainable in the Portuguese version (unable to evolve Feebas); Is the same true for the updated English version?

...Never mind, you can obtain Milotic! I remember the water stone was a big disappointment in the first version; I was wondering why it wasn't for Feebas. Okay, now that I can use Milotic, this game is 10x better!!!

Last edited:
Years
I absolutely agree with you about that problems. This maybe a great hack, but it still has many problems the author need fix. Some bugs are still happening while we're trying playing.
The other problem I want to say is about the EXP base counter. Sometimes there're so many exp. points for a weak-defeated pokémon & not a lot of exp. points for a stronger. The money setup, too. I've defeated both leagues of game & I realized that the money that player can receive for a battle of E4 is so little. What will you think if you defeat a one of E4 & you only receive 1200 for that battle ??.

Ya exactly! That's one other important point I missed out. I find it ironic how when I trained on wild Pokemon at lower level, they give me more EXP than me defeating a random Pokemon from a gym leader. It doesn't make sense.

The other problem is how the PokeMart doesn't even sell Pokeballs. And you have to get to the 2nd or 3rd town to find a PokeMart that sells one, but even that still fails because they sell Ultra Balls and you won't have enough money to buy a sufficient amount at that point.

Also, back to the point I was talking about (the game being unbalanced and repetitive), if I didn't find a Growlithe on the 2nd floor of the lab then I wouldn't have made it. I chose Bulbasaur as my starter and after the first Team Steam battle, my Bulbasaur was at 75% HP. I decided to train him a little so I trained on wild Pokemon till it was lvl 10. Then I tried to go back to the lab to heal, but there's nothing there. I tried going back to my house and heal, nothing there either. So I thought OK maybe I can just go to the next town. The problem is, along the way there're at least 3 or 4 trainers that use BUG type Pokemon, and each of them use like 3 or 4 of them.

Do you see how unbalanced this is? My Bulbasaur would've either ran out of PP or HP one way or another, and especially that it's against BUG type Pokemon, which is at a disadvantage. At least make it easier for players to start off by being able to heal, but NOPE we gotta defeat 4 trainers in a row. I like challenges and i'm not a bad player, in fact I like to think i'm a very good one. But still, it seems the game forces you to choose Charmander just to have fun. You still can't argue over the fact that throughout the first 2~3 town, all you face are either BUG or Grass type Pokemon, the entire first few hours of the game are suited to Charmander leveling up. Very unbalanced imo.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
Hey, it's exciting to see the English Release.

I have one quick question, to my knowledge Milotic was unobtainable in the Portuguese version (unable to evolve Feebas); Is the same true for the updated English version?

...Never mind, you can obtain Milotic! I remember the water stone was a big disappointment in the first version; I was wondering why it wasn't for Feebas. Okay, now that I can use Milotic, this game is 10x better!!!

you get a lvl 3 feebas..next to it will be the water stone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@aquarmor: Please stop posting useless posts.
@chaoscreator: It is your opinion but you must understand, that hack is mainly hacker's work in which he/she puts his/her mind.
So if Wes wanted to have it like it is now, we should accept it.
And I'm not surprised that this game as you said "is made for Charmander's use" ;) Charmander is most popular 1st generation starter so it's obvious that most of us use it =)

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
Last edited:

k0r

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
Does anyone remember where they got the "TICKET" ? Because now I'm stuck in groment city and I can't go in the gym, mines, or the museum because I don't have the TICKET.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I hear nothing but good things about this hack. Makes me sad that the English version has not yet been completed D:. IF only i spoke Portugese haha.

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Does anyone remember where they got the "TICKET" ? Because now I'm stuck in groment city and I can't go in the gym, mines, or the museum because I don't have the TICKET.

When you come in Gym, a miner will come out & give you TICKET & he'll tell you that the gym now locked, you must find the leader in Groment Mines.

k0r

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
When I first played the game I was playing an outdated version so I was stuck in dardusk city so I had to download the latest version and move my saves and everything was fine until now. The miner was already out side of the gym and he didn't give me anything now I'm stuck. Is there anyway I could use a gameshark cheat or something so I can just get the ticket in my bag or something?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i own this all to you ash for making this thing in the hack.....and the people who worked with you....
What? o.O What I did? o.O I have no idea what you are talking about :D

When I first played the game I was playing an outdated version so I was stuck in dardusk city so I had to download the latest version and move my saves and everything was fine until now. The miner was already out side of the gym and he didn't give me anything now I'm stuck. Is there anyway I could use a gameshark cheat or something so I can just get the ticket in my bag or something?
Well it is possible though you will have hard time if you want to do it :D
You would need to know what hex number that ticket has or better said, what item has been replaced with Ticket.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2012
Hello,

Im stuck in the 2nd world, I got my 5th badge but after that I dont know where to go.. if I go to one of these citys I see team steam and they are telling that their boss went in a hole or something, I can see the hole but i cant go in there :o Can somebody help me further please?

Thx in advance! :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hello,

Im stuck in the 2nd world, I got my 5th badge but after that I dont know where to go.. if I go to one of these citys I see team steam and they are telling that their boss went in a hole or something, I can see the hole but i cant go in there :o Can somebody help me further please?

Thx in advance! :)
You must use Dig on that hole.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2012
Where can you get the TM Dig, i didnt get it in the 1st world and I didnt get it in the lauren league either, so im kinda stuck D:

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Hey there fellas. I've recently got the master ball, and I am not really sure of catching Giratina usin' it, cause there are many other legendary pokemon in this game, so any suggestions?

Back