• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sereval New Errors

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
So yes, continuing on the Development of Pokémon Celestite I apparently run into some new errors that I am unable to know the fix or from where its actually being caused from. I already asked some friends, but they were unable to help me on that things. Anways, here are both errors.

- The First one apparently started appening for no apparent reason, the error just showed up out of nowhere. Already tried reapplying admin to the Temp Folder, but it still conitnues

Code:
Exception: Errno::EACCES
Message: Permission denied - C:\Users\JORGEM~1.EST\AppData\Local\Temp
SpriteWindow:805:in `chdir'
SpriteWindow:805:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:222:in `new'
SpriteWindow:222:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:259:in `new'
SpriteWindow:259:in `pbGetAutotile'
Spriteset_Map:158:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
Spriteset_Map:156:in `each'
Spriteset_Map:156:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
AnimationSprite:43:in `shadow_initialize'

- The Second error happend when I added sereval new pokémon data and attacks yesterday to the PBS Folder. The Only hit I have is "NameError"

Code:
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `value' for nil:NilClass
Compiler:1076:in `pbCheckByte'
Compiler:1191:in `pbCompileMoves'
Compiler:1134:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:607:in `each_line'
Compiler:607:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:604:in `open'
Compiler:604:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:1134:in `pbCompileMoves'
Compiler:3913:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:4045

The Version of Essentials is Version 4 (24th December, 2011)
Any help would be appreciated.
~ Aamelo

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Just to let you know, it's unlikely many of users here would help for older versions, I'll give it a shot however.

The second one, can/may, have 2 fixes (untested on older versions)

1) Start a new game.
2) Check for spelling errors or line errors within PBS files.

The first one is odd, it looks like you edited a script to locate something from your folders, maybe you changed where to locate save files or anything like that? Maybe you updated a few scripts with some newer ones and that's causing the error... It's recommended you upgrade because the errors you come up with would mean downloading the same version and giving extra work for no reason.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
The Second Error I am going to revise, it has high chanche of being an error of writting.

About the First Error, it also happend in the V9 Version without even touching the game file.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
The Save folders were already deleted, what Is my most wondering was why it stopped working from a day to another...

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
It wouldn't just stop working, you done something...

I can only think of running things as administrator, or re-installation...

If you downloaded the latest version and the error is still coming up, I can only assume it's admin rights... Maybe the folder you are trying to load from or save to, needs admin exceptions... Essentials will never override those... Neither will RPGMaker...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Your first error seems to be caused by a missing graphic. Because the game can't find it, it checks the Temp folder to see if it's in there, and it turns out it doesn't have permission to look there.

If you deleted any files (specifically, an autotile), then restore them or at least replace them with something else.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
I presumed it was that same thing so I simply rushed to Apply the admin rights to that same folder but it still didn't work.

I tried running the game with Admin Rights, and It worked now, problem fixed for me. Thanks for the Tip.

Now its just about me to find the Error in the other file...

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
I Was unable to find the error my self, dunno if it is because of the mass of text that I am not able to look correctly, or because any other, so here is the full (120) attack list per now, and I wish some help trying to find the actual error. All 120 Atacks are Custom.

Spoiler:

Maruno

Years
I stuck that lot into Excel, which is a great tool for analysing it. Here's what I found:

Edge, Sleepy Time, XIII Chances all have an accuracy of 200 (unexpected, but possible).
Epic Attack has a power of 300 (max. 255).
Count Me, Edge have a type of PHYCHIC.
Push n' Pull, Crack Block have a content type of Touhg.
Edge has a name of Edeg.
There are no special moves?

The red lines will cause crashing.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
Thank you Maruno, The NameError is Off now, the only thing left for me to fix are not so serious problems that Can be fixed easly (I Hope), thanks.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
Well. These aren't errors, but I guess I would request some help, maybe because I cant find my self though the scripts. I recently updated from Essentials 4 to Essentials 9. Reverted most of the Interface to V4, though, excluding the Battle Scene that doesn't work, so I need help finding the following things in the battle scene script:

> Defaut Enemy Position

Help would be apreciated.

Update: Found my way though Font and Interface, I just need to know the defaut enemy position now.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
In PokeBattle_ActualScene search for 'pokemon1' and 'pokemon3' (in doubles). Pay attention in 'pbPositionPokemonSprite' and 'adjustBattleSpriteY'.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
Thanks. I think that will solve another of the problems... I hope... but apparently, things aren't done for the error parade. Apparently, this error happend when the owner of the game *I am just the event-programmer* when running the normal game file, this one does not happen to me but happens to him.

MYuLJ.png

Any *Sigh* Fix for this one?

Maruno

Years
Thanks. I think that will solve another of the problems... I hope... but apparently, things aren't done for the error parade. Apparently, this error happend when the owner of the game *I am just the event-programmer* when running the normal game file, this one does not happen to me but happens to him.

Any *Sigh* Fix for this one?
Startanewgamestartanewgamestartanewgamestartanewgame...

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Essentials download page said:
IMPORTANT! - The way save-game data is recorded was changed in version 6. You must delete save files from previous versions before running version 6 or newer, or it will crash immediately with an "scss" error. Your save files can be found in the folder C:\Users\<Your username>\Saved Games\Pokémon Essentials (or the game folder if that doesn't exist).
---------------------------------------------------

Maruno

Years
That's not actually the problem, but it's the same solution. The problem is caused by the removal of borders and certain screen sizes - your old save file says it needs to use a configuration that no longer exists, and causes an error when it can't find it.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
As Stated before it doesn't seem to be a Save file causing it because there is absolutely no save file from any version. All save files from V3, V4 and V9 have been deleted, both in Save File from The Game Folder, and SavedGames Folder have been deleted. Even the Tittle from the Game was changed from V4 to V9 what creates two different folders, and the error still happens.

Maruno

Years
In that case you'll have mucked around with PokemonOptions in some way. Check the default values, and check whether the player is able to select a non-existent screen size (there should only be two choices).

Back