• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a food you hated as a kid, but now love as an adult/got older?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I used to hate most veggies growing up. Things like peas mostly... but now that I'm an adult, I seem to tolerate them a lot more. It was somewhat the same with Spinach. I used to hate it until my mom told me that I needed to eat it if I wanted to grow big and strong like Popeye... ever since then, I absolutely LOVE spinach! :3

What about you?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
fuckin mac n cheese i have always had an issue with textures and i still kind of do with pasta but not nearly as bad as when i was a kid but i got over it when i was about 10 or so i think (or at least, i WOULD eat mac n cheese but i was picky about the pasta used in it) and now if you look at my hips and thighs you can tell i don't skip pasta

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Coffee ♥♥

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Same as above except that I don't hate potatoes

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I used to hate eating pizza when I was a kid and this was because I had an eating disorder. Now that I am older, I slightly grew out of my eating disorder and I now like eating pizza.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
A lot of stuff, I was an extremely picky eater as a kid. The most egregious example is Brussel sprouts though, I could (and have done) have an entire meal made only with Brussel sprouts, I love them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Not food but I remember absolutely despising soda as a child.

if anything, I have more foods that I liked as a child that I began hating as an adult, haha.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
I'm still a v picky kid mostly bc of textures and stuff

but, uh its not food rather than a condiment but..mayo? I used to hate it as a kid and now I like it a lot.

Last edited:
Years
im sad to inform that every food that ive hated as a kid i still hate as an adult

especially potatoes

Pretty much this, ironically except for potatoes. I don't love them, or even like them most of the time, but I can tolerate them in way more forms now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
i made a conscious choice once to start liking coffee even though it was awful, i was 13 i believe. Nowadays it is not possible to properly describe me without including the word coffee somewhere.

Years
brussel sprouts and avocadoes! hated them as a kid but once I got older something 'clicked' and now I adore them.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
the main thing that comes to mind are certain veggies - such as spinach, artichokes, asparagus, brussel sprouts, bok choy, cauliflower, scallions, green beans, eggplants, squash

used to dislike them as a child mainly because of 'bad influence' - family members and friends told me that it tasted of 'boring sour water with no taste to it" - hey, back then I used to believe it, after a while seeing it a lot, and over years with my health conditions, and growing fascination with geography, includes trying out various world cuisines - I learn that those green veggies are really good and healthy for the body, if prepared correctly it can be super healthy and delicious

with my curiosity, I gave some a try, expecting that "sour taste" - to my surprise I loved them
especially true with spinach, its now my most favorite and requested veggie

Years
Loads. I was so fussy as a kid but these days I'll try pretty much anything as long as it's vegetarian.

I love vegetables. All vegetables. They're my favourite. Younger me would never imagine having the kind of diet I have these days.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Sashimi! While I always loved sushi as a kid, the texture of raw fish definitely weirded me out and I only ate rolls with cooked stuff or vegetables in them, but I think in my early-to-mid teens it kind of grew on me, and I really like sashimi and raw fish now. Beef tataki, too.

I was a weird kid I guess, I actually loved vegetables and still do. I preferred veggies to meat and instead of the "finish your vegetables" demands my parents would have to make me eat meat.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
A bunch of vegetables (green peppers and onions notably), spinach, mushrooms, sushi, and sashimi (maybe fish in general?) are all things that I said that i hated at a kid hahah. but now i often have most of these things (sides the fish) on things such a pizza and subs. in fact i know i largely prefer spinach over lettuce now.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Yes! I used to really dislike fish and now it's one of my favourite meals. Also, I used to hate mussels but I love them now. And I used to think squash was the most revolting vegetable on earth, but I love it now!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Fried eggs and green beans. I was traumatised in a summer camp when I was 7 but I have slowly grown to tolerate all of them.

Also my usual menu includes far more veggies and fish than any kid would enjoy.

Back