• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

link12552

decade club
Years
sorry if the screen wasnt viewable... the overworlds basicallsy have transparent lines running through them :/
Ehm yeah i can say what i done
first i got the overworlds
converted them to 16 colours
changed the transparent colour to the first
used overworld changer and resized the overworlds to 32x32
then i inserted the overworlds with overworld editor

all the rest of the overworlds worked perfect and they followed the same method :/ just the hero and heroine overworlds wont.

I think I may have found the solution, at-least maybe...
-and the best part is that...
you get to use NSE.

In NSE, open up the hero's preferences (Edit > Preferences) , and try changing the Animation from:
player to standard...

Make sure you are in INDEX mode, and save.

Seems to work for the most part.

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
can i use an animated gif as a titlescreen?

EDIT: to make myself more clear, can i do it on a fire red rom? just wanna know first before i go to the trouble off making it :P

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I have WINE downloaded and it runs things like pokemon online. should i select run in bottles? or directly?
I honestly have no idea. Sorry.
Hey, I wanted to know if anyone has offered the code of one of their tools. The XSE code download is not working. Is there any other tool?
http://www.andreasartori.net/hackmew/downloads/Sources/XSE_Source.zip
can i use an animated gif as a titlescreen?

EDIT: to make myself more clear, can i do it on a fire red rom? just wanna know first before i go to the trouble off making it :P
In a round about way, yes. But it's really not very easy. It's been done, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuetDQEUqKQ

It requires ASM hacking, which is very advanced.

Last edited:

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I'm my making my own pokemon ruby hack but now I'm only changing pokedex (inserting new sprites, edit stats in YAPE, etc...). I want to make Honchkrow (in place of remoraid, if that matters). I want to make Murkrow's evolution into Honchkrow using Dusk Stone. I made it in thethethethe's Item Editor sacrificing tinymushroom (changed name and description). Then I opened Evolution Editor Pro and gave Murkrow dusk stone for evolution. Everything was great but in game I cannot use dusk stone. I think it's beacause of tinymushroom's effect - only for selling. My question: how can I change tinymushroom effect to evolution stones (fire, water, thunder, leaf...). I think it'll be hard to do that but please reply. If you can, please also make some kind of "tutorial". Do not write "in hex editors" unless you do not tell me how to do that...
Sorry for my english if something's wrong...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I'm my making my own pokemon ruby hack but now I'm only changing pokedex (inserting new sprites, edit stats in YAPE, etc...). I want to make Honchkrow (in place of remoraid, if that matters). I want to make Murkrow's evolution into Honchkrow using Dusk Stone. I made it in thethethethe's Item Editor sacrificing tinymushroom (changed name and description). Then I opened Evolution Editor Pro and gave Murkrow dusk stone for evolution. Everything was great but in game I cannot use dusk stone. I think it's beacause of tinymushroom's effect - only for selling. My question: how can I change tinymushroom effect to evolution stones (fire, water, thunder, leaf...). I think it'll be hard to do that but please reply. If you can, please also make some kind of "tutorial". Do not write "in hex editors" unless you do not tell me how to do that...
Sorry for my english if something's wrong...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Sadly it's not simple to do so. There are several checks in place to see if it's an evolution item. To find them requires you to reverse engineer the game's engine. Needless to say, it's not easy work.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
If I use the special 0xBC, Pokémon party will be opened, and if I use special2 0x8005 0xBA, it will check what Pokémon I choosed. But, Are there any way of knowing the level of chosen pokémon?

Zepp710

Fearaligatr
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
OK so i got advance map to work somehow. i opened it in a different bottle or something but XSE still doesn't work. SCREW YOU MAC

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
I've inserted seasons with DNS,but how do I change the effects?
like in winter the trees are white and it's snowing,or a different tree,How?

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Sadly it's not simple to do so. There are several checks in place to see if it's an evolution item. To find them requires you to reverse engineer the game's engine. Needless to say, it's not easy work.

So it's too hard for me. But do you know where to find help? I still want to evolve by stone. If not, I'll use evolution by trade with item... and add guy that says: "In this game dusk stone, shiny stone and dawn stone cannot be used normally. To evolve pokemon you need to give a stone to pokemon and then make trade with friend" (friend to make game more realistic)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hmm this is a bit of a complex question. Everytime I battle a minun in my hack the game freezes when it uses a damage dealing move [music keeps playing but the attack animation never happens and it just hangs there saying Minun used Quick Attack]. This is only with minun not plusle or any other pokemon in hack. Would anyone happen to know why?

Edit: Would anyone happen to know where the tables for a pokemon is located? like the table that dictates their attacks and things of that nature

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
If I use the special 0xBC, Pokémon party will be opened, and if I use special2 0x8005 0xBA, it will check what Pokémon I choosed. But, Are there any way of knowing the level of chosen pokémon?
It depends on the game you're hacking, but yes it's possible using the "readbytefromoffset" command, and getting the level from the RAM.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_Generation_III
OK so i got advance map to work somehow. i opened it in a different bottle or something but XSE still doesn't work. SCREW YOU MAC
Damn.
So it's too hard for me. But do you know where to find help? I still want to evolve by stone. If not, I'll use evolution by trade with item... and add guy that says: "In this game dusk stone, shiny stone and dawn stone cannot be used normally. To evolve pokemon you need to give a stone to pokemon and then make trade with friend" (friend to make game more realistic)
Trying looking in the Research and Development section. :)
Hmm this is a bit of a complex question. Everytime I battle a minun in my hack the game freezes when it uses a damage dealing move [music keeps playing but the attack animation never happens and it just hangs there saying Minun used Quick Attack]. This is only with minun not plusle or any other pokemon in hack. Would anyone happen to know why?

Edit: Would anyone happen to know where the tables for a pokemon is located? like the table that dictates their attacks and things of that nature
Nope. Sorry.

Base Stats: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_base_stats_data_structure_in_Generation_III#Storage

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016

from personal experience, i suggest using vmware, or another program that emulates windows. i tried using a program called crossover, but only advancemap worked. so your best shot is to get vmware or parallels.

P.S- Sometimes the programs need the newest .net framework. make sure u got the lastest one.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
I've inserted seasons with DNS,but how do I change the effects?
like in winter the trees are white and it's snowing,or a different tree,How?
repeating this,because I really need an answer.
and another question,ho do you edit the 'hero is halfway underwater' OAM?

Years
Question: Is it possible to add a new weather effect (i.e. Snow, Meteor Shower) with an over world effect and if possible an in battle effect (though in battle effect isn't necessary)?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Question: Is it possible to add a new weather effect (i.e. Snow, Meteor Shower) with an over world effect and if possible an in battle effect (though in battle effect isn't necessary)?

It's possible, but would be EXTREMELY difficult to do. You would need to hack the games engine via ASM. It's the single most advanced form of ROM hacking there is.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Maybe I'll try it when I become an advanced ROM hacker. Also how do you expand a ROM so there's more space.

Go into a hex editor and at the end of the ROM, insert 0xFFFFFF bytes of free space (FF).

Alternatively, you can use XSE to expand the ROM. Just open the ROM in XSE, then go to the tools tab and click on the ROM expansion option. :3

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Oh, thanks, is perfect!:D

But I have a problem, I need (when I use the special 0xBC to view the pokémon party) to know the position of the chosen pokémon. If I have chosen the first, the second...

Is it possible?

I believe you do special2 LASTRESULT 0xBC
And then I believe LASTRESULT holds the position of the pokémon - 1. :3

Years
Also is it possible to have a two frame overworld tile (i.e. Flickering flame)

E: For some ROMs I've been getting an error in unLZ.gba where I can't load the ROM. It says "(The location of the rom) was not found"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back