• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
How does Zubat evolve into Golbat? My Zubat is at level 29.

Also, Bliss stone doesn't evolve Minccino. After I use it on Minccino, it shows "Huh?" and then nothing happens. The Bliss stone is not consumed either.

Where can I find HM Rock Smash? The navigator tells me to check out the desert but there are 'smash-able' rocks blocking the way.
That happens because the Pokedex is not updated. I will add a NPC script that explains this, during the early portions of the game. The Pokedex gets updated by the Eevee seeking lady in Pokewood.

After you have gotten your third and fourth badge, talk to the Psy Guy in the left most area of the town.
Can Poliwhirl evolve into Politoed? If so, always with the King's Rock? And where do I catch a Finneon?
Yes. It most be holding the Kings Rock and leveled up during the day I believe. There are a couple throughout the current release, but I do not remember where.
--------------------
I've also recently started the mapping of Conquest Road, the final route before the Pokemon League.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Maybe I've miss it but how far in is the current beta? Hows the progress for future updates? And do we have a estimate on when will this be "100%" done?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Maybe I've miss it but how far in is the current beta? Hows the progress for future updates? And do we have a estimate on when will this be "100%" done?
The production of this game went through tons of trials and tribulations in the past, and the most recent absence felt like the game would be never worked on again. That was because I recently graduated and work a full time job now, and had to make a transition from a college kid to an adult. Starting off the new year, the transitional period had been coming to an end, as I have became accustomed to my new way of life. I'm also able to manage my time to accommodate the rom hack that I've put so much time and effort into, since the summer of 2012. Working on this rom hack got me through some rough times of life, and I am never ever going to quit it.

It is safe to say that I am fully back, as progresses have restarted. The current release goes to the end of Aqualight Tower Takeover arc, defeating a certain character that resides on the roof. The next release will feature the Taejo League and a few post Taejo areas. Keep in mind that there isn't much for me to map for the next release. All that remains is Conquest Road and Conquest Cave, along with the Taejo League which will be a standard stadium. The time consuming part are the special event scripts that I am brainstorming for Xoa Ruins and Chert Town (50% scripted). The release after that will feature the first segment of traveling through Seijo as a new journey. However, I cannot tell you when this game will be 100% completed. Sometimes life gets in the way.

Loewe

Lionheart
Years
The channel that did the Walkthrough for Pokemon Normal completely disappeared, along with the channel. i plan on replacing it, since I've played through this game a couple dozen of times.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
The channel that did the Walkthrough for Pokemon Normal completely disappeared, along with the channel. i plan on replacing it, since I've played through this game a couple dozen of times.

Thank you so much, my youtube got deleted due to a hack i believe. Ill send you some information on some pointers in a PM.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 13, 2021
Hi, i am new in pokecommunity and i really love this game

Please, somebody can help me please... I'm really, really lost in pokewood -.-
After I exit route 60 to be in pokewood, I found nothing to do next. The Gym is still blocked by 3 guards, When I go to the Route 58 Bike Rd, a guard tells me to go check out Oak's press conference, so I go to the hotel, All college kids are already gone, but a guard tells me he don't care if my dad is with oak so I can't go to the press conference...

What I'm suppose to do?

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017

After I exit route 60 to be in pokewood, I found nothing to do next. The Gym is still blocked by 3 guards, When I go to the Route 58 Bike Rd, a guard tells me to go check out Oak's press conference, so I go to the hotel, All college kids are already gone, but a guard tells me he don't care if my dad is with oak so I can't go to the press conference...

What I'm suppose to do?

There is a house in North PokeWood with a woman who talked about a specific evolutionary Pokemon. Go talk to her there before speaking with Oak.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 19, 2017

What I'm suppose to do?
Hi there author and followers.im not so sure about this or to do but i had already talked to the lady in the north for eevee and meeting with prof oak.BUT STILL POKEWOOD GYM BLOCKED BY 3 COPS and the one says alba has go somewherelse for doing some stuff.got any idea if theres any event missing or supposed to be done?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 19, 2017
Hi there author and followers.im not so sure about this or to do but i had already talked to the lady in the north for eevee and meeting with prof oak.BUT STILL POKEWOOD GYM BLOCKED BY 3 COPS and the one says alba has go somewherelse for doing some stuff.got any idea if theres any event missing or supposed to be done?
And also ive already follow walkthrough in youtube but unluckily the author precisely cut or jump the seen on his recording from end part of episode 21 that he saves but in his episode 22 he already went through infront of the gym.the point im trying to catch up there is he did not recorded what did he does to pass through those 3 cops

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 19, 2017
Finally i came through this pokewood and able to batlle alba.what did ive done is teleport to gravesend then walk west to MT.GHOST and get the PP MAX right there in the graves and after that i went back to pokewood through ROUTE 60 and not the bike road.and right after you had pass the gate between route 60 and pokewood,the message appears that gym leader alba has arrived.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 21, 2020
Hi all! Can somebody help me? I have two questions: an important one and a minor one.

1. What I should in order to proceed during the storm event? I read in the previous messages that I must get surf from the painted lady and go to a dotted cave, but the problem is that she doesn't gave that HM to me. I also know that I should meet first Oak and Dad in the southern area of the cave in Powerstone city. This even does not occur, however. What should I do to activate it?
2. Is there a way to get a Water Stone? I want to evolve my Poliwhirl into Poliwrath.

Thanks for your help!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 7, 2017
One of the best Pokémon hacks I have played so far , nicely done ! It would be cool if at some point you add Pokémon contests into a future game possibly as a side story of its own . I love how broad the ROM is the two regions is definitely a plus !

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I am currently playing beta 3. Till where does it go? also, is the hacker stilll working on this project? it's so gorgeous, especially the mapping and custom ASM.

Back