• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon S.P.E.C.T.R.U.M.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Is the new version gonna have the 3rd gym and such or is it just a revamp of the old version?

It's entirely a polishing update still with two gyms, some new features, and possible one or two new Pokemon

after I get this update out then I will start working for the content up to the third gym.

I've got the 1.1.0 version of the game but still getting problems with healing Pokemon.

Try checking if the Graphics folder is in the game directory. I know the Pokemon Center event is sensitive to image files being in the right place. You can also try re-extracting the zip or redownloading.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 4, 2016
So, i'll lets play this game on my German YouTube channel.
I hope i can help to make this game more played ( sorry i'm bad in englisch xD )

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
b44QuhM.png
aCoipN4.png
MsVQgFq.png

The new update is finally out! Here's a feature overview:

Sprite Animation
bVdlBsR.gif
TrjXpkd.gif
Vzfi7L0.gif
T9ISfSY.gif

IoAoURG.gif
EyfXG57.gif

As I've shown off earlier, front and back battle sprites are now animated! Nearly every Pokémon available in this release are animated in battle, so no more boring static sprites! Along with this I've also updated many of the sprites in general so they look better than the past release.

Trainer customization

There is now basic Trainer customization unlockable in the game. You start with a default option, but there you can unlock outfits later in the game by interacting with certain NPCs. Skin/hair color can also be changed as well. To change your clothes, go to the Pokémon Center's changing room.

30I9F7R.png
dQrQb7l.png

Currently there is one extra outfit to unlock in this release. My goal is to add at least one new one for each major update.

Following Pokemon
sPGGtma.png
HfKrRfq.png

Some Pokémon can follow you know. Currently, this is more of a bonus feature, as it isn't complete and there are only a selection of new Pokémon that can act as followers (any official Pokémon available + 26 new Pokémon). You can use this follower to earn items through the game.

UI Updates
HJ4Dfjx.png
uVtOTdK.png
e0P1qoS.png

The start menu, Pokemon summary, Trainer card, and Pokedex have updated UI. I plan on growing these further in the future.

Map revamps

Every single map has been updated in at least some way. Most of the exterior maps changed drastically. In addition, there are a few more optional areas to catch more Pokemon and items. Here is the new Taldune Town:

Psp0l7x.png

New Pokémon
There are a two brand new Pokémon lines I added for this release. I'll leave it up to the player to find them. There are also a few redesigns of previous Pokémon since I felt they could be improved or weren't to my current standards.

There are many other smaller miscellaneous changes as well (full changelog in the OP). Overall, this is a pure polish update. There are no new Gyms, but I practically redid the game to set a quality standard for the rest of the game. Hopefully, people who played the previous demo can still find some enjoyment out of this release. 

This version is backwards compatible with previous save files, so you don't need to start a new game. This next section is only relevant to people who want to keep their old save file of the previous version. Follow these instructions before saving in the new version:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Have a Problem to Start the Game after Download (Version 1.2.0).

You're loading a previous save, right? Set all the options to default in 1.1 first and then save and load up 1.2. Then it should work. I'll add this to the instructions above.

Years
Wow this is pretty good work. I appreciate all the time and effort you are putting into this. Well what I mean is thank you :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 6, 2019
Hey. First of all, great game. I love the style of the region that you're creating, and the cool Fakemon will definitely keep me on the lookout for updates. That being said, I ran into my first shiny this morning - and also my first bug. When throwing a pokeball, I get the following error message, my pokeball disappears and I am unable to catch the pokemon:

---------------------------
Pokémon Spectrum
---------------------------
Exception: NoMethodError

EliteBattle_Scene:851:in `pokeballThrow'

PokeBattle_Scene:3084:in `pbThrow'

PokeBattle_Battle:194:in `pbThrowPokeBall'

PItem_ItemEffects:1700

PItem_ItemEffects:1699:in `call'

Event:150:in `trigger'

PItem_Items:256:in `triggerUseInBattle'

PokeBattle_Battle:1583:in `pbRegisterItem'

PokeBattle_Battle:2758:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_Battle:2713:in `loop'

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
New update is out. It's entirely just bug fixes, a few resprites/new animations, and finishing off UI stuff I didn't have time to complete before. Non essential if you already downloaded the previous version, but recommended. I put a fix in place for the pokeball throw error some people are running into so it should at least catch the Pokemon instead of throwing an error message.

hbP01WT.png
53Ep1KA.png

MQyOGF1.png
8g4MC36.png

5BFMpkn.png

Unless there are urgent bugs I haven't found I probably won't update the game again until I complete the content up to the 3rd gym. Please keep leaving feedback, I read and consider all of it!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Hello there, TheKojo. I've been playing your fan game for about two weeks now, and it's a really great experience so far. I've managed to find out that you can get a Tepig from one of the Professor's assistants at the farm near Gobi Village.

The most surprising thing so far, is that I've managed to find two shiny pokemon in my playthrough. Keep up the good work with this game. You rock! =)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
I put a Pokedex image in the OP. Don't look at it if you don't want to be spoiled.

Hello there, TheKojo. I've been playing your fan game for about two weeks now, and it's a really great experience so far. I've managed to find out that you can get a Tepig from one of the Professor's assistants at the farm near Gobi Village.

The most surprising thing so far, is that I've managed to find two shiny pokemon in my playthrough. Keep up the good work with this game. You rock! =)

Thanks!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
AN AUSTRALIA BASED REGION? MUST PLAY!

Ok I have a few things to report on the current version. So far great pokemon and story. Now here comes the bad stuff. There's a lot of graphical errors; there's lines breaking textures all around in trees, buildings, furniture, and everything else. And the pokedex when I try to look at it causes this crash.

C0hZYyU.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Going to try this out right now like games like these. Played it a little and it is really awesome like the Intro. Just a little problem is the lagg which it isn't much of a thing but just saying it. Also when the character talks to a person it looks like they are about to kiss XD. I would like to help if you let me as a mapper just saying that as extra but I'm assuming you would like to work on it alone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
AN AUSTRALIA BASED REGION? MUST PLAY!

Ok I have a few things to report on the current version. So far great pokemon and story. Now here comes the bad stuff. There's a lot of graphical errors; there's lines breaking textures all around in trees, buildings, furniture, and everything else. And the pokedex when I try to look at it causes this crash.

I suspect you're playing in full screen mode. That's an essentials problem in general, the game is meant to be played in windowed mode. I'm not sure what that pokedex error is; I haven't encountered it.

Last edited:

PsyShockker

Astonishing! Marvelous! It seems you have put a good effort on this. Good Luck!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 21, 2022
I need help
When I battling the hiker in color cave, a message came up and I click Ok it CLOSE MY GAME. I was pisser than piss (idk)

Then I restart my laptop and try again and it keeping doing it. Idk if it crash or not
I need help!!!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 11, 2017
Hey this looks fantastic! Is there anyway someone could upload the demo through Dropbox or another way as I'm unable to use file sharing websites in my country

Back