• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Editing Expanded Pokemon Number's Data

Zura

yuh
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2018
I'm using the artifical Red patch as a base, and I got all the offsets working in advance series so the sprites aren't my issue. I can't seem to edit the data in any editors I have, which I have most: YAPE, G3T, PGE, G3HS, even the Pokemon Editor in TL's enhancer won't work. Is there a way I can get it to work so I can edit the Pokemon data (moves/stats/names/etc) in any program?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
You'll have to make a .ini compatible with whatever Pokémon Editor you wanna use.
Use said editor's default .ini files as a reference and with the data that the ROM Base should provide, you'll have to figure things out.

Zura

yuh
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2018

You'll have to make a .ini compatible with whatever Pokémon Editor you wanna use.
Use said editor's default .ini files as a reference and with the data that the ROM Base should provide, you'll have to figure things out.

I've used both Advance Offset's feature for editing the PGE ini and manually editing it myself, and it continues to crash every time I open my rom in the Pokemon Editor. I also tried editing the YAPE ini and I managed to get everything except the learned moves for some reason. Whenever I try to open my rom in YAPE it says "Error reading learned moves" and won't let me use it.

Delta231

A noob
Years
I've used both Advance Offset's feature for editing the PGE ini and manually editing it myself, and it continues to crash every time I open my rom in the Pokemon Editor. I also tried editing the YAPE ini and I managed to get everything except the learned moves for some reason. Whenever I try to open my rom in YAPE it says "Error reading learned moves" and won't let me use it.

YAPE is outdated. I prefer to do not use it.

Zura

yuh
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2018
YAPE is outdated. I prefer to do not use it.

Honestly I just resorted to it because I was trying different editors. Do you know of any other way to get it to work in something like G3T or PGE then? Like I said it crashed when I both manually edited it and created one using A-Offset.

Back