• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
It's not that I think Azami's (yes, she is Lucy) battle is terrible, I just don't find myself coming back to it that much. Ditto Kogomi. And even the third Jindai battle has its merits, it's just the way Lizardon goes down at the beginning and the Pikachu-Regice finish that kills it for me. I just prefer the other Brain battles more, I guess. In addition to Satoshi vs. Heath, there's also the really excellent second Satoshi-Jindai battle.

And yeah, early-AG was good too. I'm not the biggest fan of Advanced Generation on the whole, but I appreciate how fresh it feels, especially at the beginning, in comparison to the OS in its back half. I remember dropping out of the franchise somewhere in Jouto, happening upon an AG episode when it was new, and immediately being intrigued by the fact that Kasumi was replaced by the Gen. 3 female protagonist and an entirely new character. And they both ended being good characters in their own right.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Well every saga tends to get a bit boring towards the mid/later half. That's why I like early Hoenn the most, it did tend to get dull around the 6th-7th Gym as that's when the Magma/Aqua arc crumbled and some of the fillers around that point were rather dull.

Then again there are filler stretches in every series that are pretty boring. Same happened to DP around the 6th-7th Gym, and the last half of BW.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2017
Since the Diamond and Pearl series i don't anymore watch the edit version of pokemon more the japanese version. ^^
I don't like the edited OST's they was most terrible. D:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Anyone besides me actually watching the English dub?

The second season of XY starts this weekend in America. That month-long hiatus was a bit annoying.

It starts out with a bang, too. Two new episodes of the new season, the Skrelp episode from the old season, and the second Mage Evolution special all in a row :o

plus the Diancie movie but that's not new

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I will always regret that Ash never caught a Pyroar ! That make me hate Hawlucha even more .
Because catching Fletchling meant No Pyroar and No Hawlucha !
But Hawlucha still got in Ash roster while Pyroar get rejected ! I will hate Hawlucha for That.
After all , Ash has enough Bird but how many ''Lion'' does he has .

Anyway , Does anyone want Pokemon in Anime to be bigger then their PokeDex size?
Because their size in the Pokedex is total Bullshit !

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Anyway , Does anyone want Pokemon in Anime to be bigger then their PokeDex size?
Because their size in the Pokedex is total Bullshit !

What makes you think their size is nonsense? :o

Pokémon are supposed to look the same as they do in the games; the design of the Pokémon is like a staple of the franchise lol. Besides, there are cases of differently sized Pokémon:

364.jpg

242.jpg

270.jpg

Ok so the first picture isn't a real Pokémon, but there are other episodes from OS and later with giant Pokémon :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I don't get why Pokemon Anime never use game related joke !
For example , Ash & co need a group of Boys help in sudden matter But they aren't interested Until Serena kindly ask them too .
Serena : We really need your guy , Won't You help us.
Boys : WE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU !
Ash : What Happened ????
Clemont : Serena Use ''Charm''
Bonnie : Its Supper Effective !

Or a Episode where Serena tries a cutesy pose to attract Ash.
She use that pose on other guys to see if that work .When She does the pose , A Dialog box appear bellow-
--Serena use Attract
The boys front of her get hearts eye , Then The Dialog box say--
-- Its A Critical Hit
But When Serena tries the Cutesy Pose on Ash Then The Dialog say--
--- Its has no effect on Ash .

What makes you think their size is nonsense? :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB5RfilZVTw

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Why would Ash need a Pyroar, when he already has the superior Kalos Fire type? Save that last slot for a Grass type like Skiddo or Phanthump or one of his older mons capable to Mega Evolve.

I'm beginning to feel less enjoyed about Pokémon XY, after what happened in the more recent episodes which I believe was what made the series jumped the shark, though you could debate that it jumped the shark way before that.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
At least Somebody knows how to enjoy her Dragonite--
tumblr_njnz5tPzlC1s1wf6ro5_500.gif

This make ever more angrier at Iris for getting a Dragonite ! Even Ash doesn't have a giant flying pokemon that can carry him in its shoulder! Goodra & Snorlax can't fly while Charizard too small.
So , I will be furious if Ash release Goodra to its original home So it could protect bunch of Wooper !

Why would Ash need a Pyroar, when he already has the superior Kalos Fire type? Save that last slot for a Grass type like Skiddo or Phanthump or one of his older mons capable to Mega Evolve.

Why would Ash need a Hawlucha when he already has the Superior Kalo flying type ???
At least , Ash finally would have a Big Cat rather then another Bird.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Why would Ash need a Hawlucha when he already has the Superior Kalo flying type ???
At least , Ash finally would have a Big Cat rather then another Bird.
Because both birds have completely different niches? Also, Hawlucha's the only Kalos Fighting type available for him to use, since Serena has Pancham, and Clemont has Chespin, whose final evolution is part Fighting.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Because both birds have completely different niches? Also, Hawlucha's the only Kalos Fighting type available for him to use, since Serena has Pancham, and Clemont has Chespin, whose final evolution is part Fighting.

Why does Ash has to catch a fighting type ? He already has plenty .
If he has to catch a fighting type then it should be Mega Lucario or Mega Gallade since they are technically Gen VI Pokemon.
But he doesn't have any Cat Pokemon Or a pokemon for this---
tumblr_n7smombwSa1rpn9eno1_500.gif

By the way , Gogoat & Skkido sucks ! Riding it is no different then riding a Tarous.

pkmin3033

Ash's final team for each region has always been fairly balanced; I expect he'll start rotating his Pokemon once he's caught enough in Kalos again, so he won't have two of the same type.

I can't see him ever catching a mega, though...if he ever does use one, it'll probably be one of his old Pokemon (my money is on Charizard, although I'd love to see him use his Glalie again) brought back for the sake of the Kalos League...which he will lose in spectacular fashion to someone who will come literally out of nowhere for two or three episodes, as he always does.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Is anyone else wanting Iris to make her guest appearance in XY soon? I'm really excited to see how the character interactions will be with Serena and the rest of the group. I'm also hoping she either calls Ash or Clemont (maybe even both?) a kid; in fact I think that'll be inevitable.

I'm more or less excited to see Serena beating Iris in a battle based on the patterns that started in DP.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Just look at the size of that Luxray --
442.jpg

Its coolness even outclass Ash's upcoming Goodra ! Now I really wished Ash to caught Pyroar instate of Hawlucha.

pkmin3033

Going by Ash's past team lineups, it wouldn't have made a difference whether he caught Hawlucha or not, as he has Fletchinder (which I'd presume will be Talonflame in time for the league, as he always fully evolves his flying types) for his fire type for Kalos, and as Ash always catches the token bird for each region, I don't think there was ever any doubt that he'd get one.

Of course, he COULD still wind up with Pyroar, but I wouldn't bet on it. He's missing a grass type at the moment though...it'd be nice if he got Gourgeist or Trevenant; the only ghost type he's ever had is Haunter, and that wasn't really a capture as much as it was a temporary alliance...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Going by Ash's past team lineups, it wouldn't have made a difference whether he caught Hawlucha or not, as he has Fletchinder (which I'd presume will be Talonflame in time for the league, as he always fully evolves his flying types) for his fire type for Kalos, and as Ash always catches the token bird for each region, I don't think there was ever any doubt that he'd get one.

Of course, he COULD still wind up with Pyroar, but I wouldn't bet on it. He's missing a grass type at the moment though...it'd be nice if he got Gourgeist or Trevenant; the only ghost type he's ever had is Haunter, and that wasn't really a capture as much as it was a temporary alliance...

Except , Fletchinder is both Fire & Flying Bird Pokemon So Ash has 2 empty spot for 2 wildcard!
So , If Ash going to capture Hawlucha anyway then what was point of catching Fletchinder ? He could have a Pyroar instate.
After all , Ash doesn't have any Big Feline or Kaine Pokemon.
Plus , You already may notice that half of Ash XY Team bear Weakness against Electric type pokemon.
Plus , This series haven't done anything to make Hawlucha likable! Its the weakest Pokemon in Ash XY Team Winning only One Battle so far ! Forrest Champion My ass .

Speaking of Which , When will Clemont change his Outfit ? He was covered along with Serena in the spoiler cake.
But he also was in his regular outfit in the movie.
If Clemont wasn't going to get a resign then Why was he covered in Spoiler Cake ?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
tumblr_nkdollS1Ut1qkz08qo3_400.gif

Jessie look better this way ! So why doesn't she use that as her permanent design?
Honestly , Why should Jessie bother staying in Team Rocket ? Giovanni isn't worth their loyalty.
Jessie & James should find something positive in Life and Move on.
But Instate They wasting their entire life Because of This show endlessness.
Thats why they gotten So boring .

Maybe too much of Goodra was by him so they decided to cover him? Or maybe he gets another capture.

Nah , Goodra was already spoiled So covering Clemont would do a thing !

pkmin3033

Except , Fletchinder is both Fire & Flying Bird Pokemon So Ash has 2 empty spot for 2 wildcard!
So , If Ash going to capture Hawlucha anyway then what was point of catching Fletchinder ? He could have a Pyroar instate.
After all , Ash doesn't have any Big Feline or Kaine Pokemon.
Plus , You already may notice that half of Ash XY Team bear Weakness against Electric type pokemon.
Plus , This series haven't done anything to make Hawlucha likable! Its the weakest Pokemon in Ash XY Team Winning only One Battle so far ! Forrest Champion My ass .
As I said...Ash ALWAYS gets the token bird for each region. Pidgeot -> Noctowl -> Swellow -> Staraptor -> Unfezant. Not getting Fletchling/Fletchinder (probably Talonflame in the future) would break his pattern, and the Pokemon anime is filled with patterns. I'm not defending Hawlucha - I can't stand the thing; it's my least liked new Pokemon - but I don't think getting a Pyroar would fit with Ash's team montage at the moment. That he doesn't have a feline Pokemon doesn't mean he is any more likely to get one now...after all, he doesn't have a ghost or psychic type yet either.

The problem is there are so few Pokemon to pick, and ones that Ash would be likely to have (Chespin, Pancham) are already owned by other characters. If I had to put any bets in, I'd say he's likely to wind up with a Bergmite in the future...or maybe an Amaura. I'd say it's far more likely he'll get a Pokemon of a different type before he gets another of the same type. I get the feeling Hawlucha was bottom of the barrel, just so he had a fighting type.

I hope to Arceus he rotates his Pokemon when he comes to the league, or he's going to fail more spectacularly than usual; his team lineup is pretty grim. I have zero hopes that he'll win, but I'd at least like a performance similar to what he put on in Sinnoh...before Darkrai curbstomped him, anyway. I can't decide what would be worse at this point: having him lose to a moron like Cameron, or someone who totally breaks the show like Tobias...

Back