• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet 2th - Sugary Sweet Seconds! 8/21/2017 bugfix available

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
I think I found a glitch. When you go into Mt.Candy, you can activate strength on those rocks on the top left of the map. Then you can go to the cave exit/entrance where there is a strength rock blocking it. Since you already activated strength it will push the rock without stopping you. You can go in, which spoils that whole area, and if you can survive the wild pokemon, you can have a static encounter with 2 legends. You should fix this on your next update Ephraim.

I almost want to keep that in :P But thanks for letting me know.

So it looks like there's more than one Pok?Sweet whose type doesn't display. I am 99% sure this is due to a graphical issue, so it should be really easy to fix. So far it looks like Grape and Banana types are affected, but the good news is the types still exist even if you can't see them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 19, 2022
I just realized that the title of the game sounds like sweet tooth (sweet 2th) ????????

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 9, 2016
It appears that Cupop doesn't have a type as well. Also in the party screen, Gligrape has a Gliscor Sprite, and in battle in doesn't have a back Sprite. It just uses its front Sprite. Is that intentional?

Years
Glitches that I found
*Wing Attack(or maybe all banana type moves) are shown as dark type in battle.
*Alm doesn't give you parfait after sencond rival battle
*Phangum has a black line above its sprite
*You can't exit Choco Mine after you enter
*You can go through Pumpkin woods right after second rival battle, which leaves you to fight a level 30 pokemon(but i overleveled and got a strawizard so i didn't fail at that part)
*You can get to places when you are not supposed to be there because of the glitch above this
*Deviking,Wineboar, and Swamptart battle sprites are slightly cut off
*An item inside Choco cave freezes your game, erasing 2 hours of gameplay :'(
*You can do the same glitch I posted yesterday about in Choco cave
Questions
*Does Mega Strawizard have bananas on its back? And if it does, is it a banana type?
*How do the Mega Fruits work? Does each mega in this game have a different fruit or something like that?
*Can you eventually go on to Gen 4 games in the 3rd game in the series, so you can implement more pokesweets?

P.S. New legends Look sick 17/10

Last edited:

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
*Does Mega Strawizard have bananas on its back? And if it does, is it a banana type?

Yes and yes.

*How do the Mega Fruits work? Does each mega in this game have a different fruit or something like that?

Each Mega item has at least two PokéSweets that it works with.

*Can you eventually go on to Gen 4 games in the 3rd game in the series, so you can implement more pokesweets?

Well, I could expand the Pokedex in Fire Red to allow for as many PokéSweets as I please, but that'd be a bit of a sugar overload, don't you think? :P Really though, if we made 721 PokéSweets I think there'd be way too many at that point.

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
Years
Also in the party screen, Gligrape has a Gliscor Sprite, and in battle in doesn't have a back Sprite. It just uses its front Sprite. Is that intentional?

It's not intentional. I just haven't gotten the back sprites I'm currently working on (those being from my Pokemon Sweet 2 fan Fakedex/Cookbook, which you can find on my deviantART) to Ephraim yet. As soon as I finish those up (which shouldn't be too much longer now) I'll start working on the other PokeSweets that have been included. Don't worry guys, I'll get to it as fast as I humanly can.

Well, I could expand the Pokedex in Fire Red to allow for as many PokéSweets as I please, but that'd be a bit of a sugar overload, don't you think? Really though, if we made 721 PokéSweets I think there'd be way too many at that point.

A sugar overload, indeed. It would be nice to have a near limitless amount of PokeSweets at your command, but it would take ages to make sprites for all 721 Pokemon in the world, and who knows how many more in the distant future.

Yomandork

The Absol Fan
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2016
Another bug: apparently I can't get the 3rd gym badge? It doesn't show in my trainer card whenever I beat the dude :/

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
A sugar overload, indeed. It would be nice to have a near limitless amount of Pokesweets at your command, but it would take ages to make sprites for all 721 Pokemon in the world, and who knows how many more in the distant future.
If I were to put in my two cents on the matter must I remind the two of you that gens 1-6 have been taken care of in regards to Pokesweet designs.
Case & Quote: http://sta.sh/0rk389gjxm1

Years
sth wrong: I picked strawander as a starter and my rivals got a squirpie and another strawander... nobody got browniesaur!

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Loved the original and loving this! Have 6 out of 8 badges. The last to being in the north section.

I've noticed three bugs.

East of the town (which name slips me atm, but I'll find it), there's a camper looking out at swimmers, if you interact with the berry tree near the camper, you get a "found ????????????????" and re transported to a black null area where you can't move and must restart.

In the city with the leader that has Blaine's sprite, a random glitch can occur where the left side of the town leading to the ship wreck becomes glitched titles preventing you from going back that way.

Lastly in that same town, interacting with the leader before beating the pirates away, causes the camera to move over to the pirate leader and preventing you from going back with you just controlling the camera. Requiring a reset.

Overall it's super fun so far! Looking forward to the rest! Victrebell's and Galvantula's pokesweet form are so good, hope people enjoy finding them.
How many Mega Sweets are there? and also, how do the stone/trade evolutions work?

Trade and stone evolutions appear to be level up based. I haad victrenut in my team and got it at 36.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Victrebell's and Galvantula's pokesweet form are so good, hope people enjoy finding them.

Trade and stone evolutions appear to be level up based. I haad victrenut in my team and got it at 36.
Well I'm glad to see someone likes the Bellnut line I created.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Well I'm glad to see someone likes the Bellnut line I created.

You did a great job on it! It's so clever and funny. One of my favorites for sure.

EDIT:

Played some more, with a few bugs to report on.

All around choco mine.

The sign post out front is walk through able.

The entrance is one way only, you can't go back out and you spawn on the wall.

and the first boulder puzzle leads to a glitched item that freezes the game.

Although an awesome update is I found a shiny Pieduck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2020
Awesome! Loving this right now, just a few bugs to report on (haven't progressed much into the game yet though):

The first would be the apparent issue where Alm and the other rival whose name slips my mind appearing on all three paths branching out from the first town after you catch a Pokesweet that is able to clear the obstacles on those paths (with the two of them having different starters depending on the path taken).

Also Bakewell Island has an issue with the sound, which I suspect originates from the Pokesweet Center. Upon leaving the center, there would be a constant dull sound in the background, which isn't very obvious until you speed the game up and it becomes shrill. Have to reset the game to get rid of the sound (stays regardless of location or music played by Music Player).
UPDATE: Found a similar issue occurring in Bundt city, but I'm not 100% sure since I only noticed the sound after a while in this city.

Also issues with flying in the forest between starting town and Bakewell Island.

Inability to proceed after clearing Bakewell Island: Gary repeats his request of asking the Gym leader for details on Mega Sweets even after clearing the gym. Had to head to Candy City to clear that gym before the quest got updated.

The berry tree next to the scout asking about the swimmers freezes the game.

The Chocolate Ship map is highly buggy, you're able to surf onto the kids and fight M. Lemp repeatedly (is this intended?) and the game freezes when you talk to Gary after your second/third/etc. fight with Lemp (i.e. it's fine the first time).

Last edited:

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
Thanks for the bug reports everyone, thought for sure I hadn't left any in the game this time around :\ I'll fix them up as soon as possible.

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
Years
-fans self furiously-
Super happy to see you continue with this project, looks great, but I suggest you try lowering the saturation of almost everything and make the cookie bits more cream-ish, the PSS split, new moves and other things would be great, if you can manage to add them because the first one still felt kind of old-school-ish. Anyways, good luck!

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
Couple of suggestions:

1. Turn down the difficulty some (like reduce gym leaders a couple levels)

2. More. Moves. That. Match. A. Pokesweet's. Type. This was one big problem I had with the first game, and so far, it doesn't appear to have changed at all in this one

Other than that, it's a decent hack

Back