• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokémon 2018 Movie Speculation

Years
First trailer:

Furthermore, the February version of Corocoro provides us some information about the movie.
Below you can read the summary and here is an image of Corocoro
Spoiler:

"Lugia surfaces!!!!!!!
The true identity of the mysterious shadow we could see in the teaser... was the legendary Pokémon Lugia!!!
Blurb: Both the Pokémon that was gliding over Ash and the shadow on the water surface were Lugia!"

"Pay extra attention to Lugia this year!
Next issue we'll announce an important scoop on Lugia!!"

Thanks to Dephender from serebii for the translate. Furthermore, we'll get a new trailer in 18th February!

Last edited:
Years
Since one of the screenshots in the CoroCoro leak shows Misty and Tracey, I think it looks obvious that this movie will be based on M02 in some way, especially considering Lugia's presence.

skarr-oki

Joey's apprentice
Years
As soon as I saw the scoop on Lugia next month my mind went to thinking about what that could be? With it being year of the legendaries.

I have been thinking 3 things. It could be an exclusive Z-Move that will become available on the next games coming to the switch, or it will be given a Primal Reversion / mega evolution to bring that back to the forefront.

My other thought is that they will bring back dark Lugia and make it an official forme within the main series of the games?

Years
I saw someone else post this beforehand, but with the legendary distributions throughout the year, the last Pokémon that are going to be given away are Lugia and Ho-oh. I wonder if this would mean anything. I think this means that Lugia and maybe even Ho-oh are going to get something new for the Switch games.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'm gonna guess that this movie is gonna be a semi remake of movie 2000, while promoting gen 8 pokemon like with Ho-Oh and Marshadow in movie 20. I'm worried about the cast of five in the trailer, since when has Pokemon ever fleshed out its characters in a movie so they'll just stand there and do nothing probably

Back