• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] What are you looking to get out of PCL?

Sirfetch’d

With PCL finally here, I want to know what you guys are looking to get out of it! Did you join to become a better player? Did you join because you enjoy working as a team/clan? Did you join purely for the competition?

Years
Fun mostly, although I want to get back into improving my battling again. I was starting to actually get somewhere when I fell away from it last time.

Sirfetch’d

Fun mostly, although I want to get back into improving my battling again. I was starting to actually get somewhere when I fell away from it last time.

I haven't battled seriously since the end of last gen. Now with the meta settled a bit, I want to use the relaunch of PCL to see how much I've improved since. I have a small grasp on the meta, but some things I am still unsure of. Building around the Tapus is...hard.

Years
I haven't battled seriously since the end of last gen. Now with the meta settled a bit, I want to use the relaunch of PCL to see how much I've improved since. I have a small grasp on the meta, but some things I am still unsure of. Building around the Tapus is...hard.

Metagross is your friend.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Thinking hard about whether to join or not. I remember last time I was hoping to get something out of the whole "clan mentality", but ultimately I didn't get any of that. Suppose, if I join (potentially as a sub), I'll just do it for occasional battles and fun.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I want to get acquainted with SM OU. In regard to the signup tournament, I'm winging it without any ladder experience. Luckily the PCL championship will start once my finals are over, so I'll have plenty of time to practice then.
Thinking hard about whether to join or not. I remember last time I was hoping to get something out of the whole "clan mentality", but ultimately I didn't get any of that. Suppose, if I join (potentially as a sub), I'll just do it for occasional battles and fun.
I might revisit the idea of tutoring, bolstering the "clan atmosphere," etc. in the future. At the moment I just want to get the basics down again, so we could try experimenting with PCL in future seasons.

Sirfetch’d

A lot of that falls on me failing to be a great clan head and it's one reason I stepped down from such role. However, I feel like this season of PCL with smaller clans we will be able to have communication issues resolved and with how easily accessible Discord is, each clan can hopefully have their own Discord channel to review strategies and be more involved as a group. There wasn't really a good option for this on PS and not everyone wanted to use Skype.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
A lot of that falls on me failing to be a great clan head and it's one reason I stepped down from such role.
That's kinda why I stepped down too. Didn't feel like I was doing a good job, or would be able to this time. Having someone else be a clan head this time might be good too.

He was also on my clan so....

Sirfetch’d

That's kinda why I stepped down too. Didn't feel like I was doing a good job, or would be able to this time. Having someone else be a clan head this time might be good too.

I do feel like with PCL being reinvented, that it's best for new clan heads to take over the weak spots. While I feel both you and I have a good amount of knowledge, that doesn't always transition into a head worthy role. I really hope this time around we get that clan feel to things.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday

You were the best clan head, though. Out of all of us you made the most effort to host clan events. It's not your fault that only 1-2 people participated in them.

Hopefully Discord channels will be convenient enough to encourage everyone to use it.

Back