• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What's your favorite Pokémon [of Each Type]?

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
I'd have to say Snivy is my favourite grass type pokemon due to its smug attitude and cocky smirk. Serperior is also pretty awesome, particularly in the fact that it arrogantly keeps its hands clasped behind its back. Badass.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
My favorite Grass-type would be Grovyle and Shaymin. Grovyle because it's looks awesome, and Shaymin because it's Sky forme is cool!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'm not a user of grass-type Pokemon, but I do like their designs. The ones I like are Lilligant, Leavanny, Maractus, Sawsbuck, Grovyle, Tropius, Celebi, Cherubi, Leafeon, Shaymin, Snivy....I think that's it. Yup, I know that's a whole lot, but I like their designs a lot.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My favourite Grass-type critter, because it's pretty much the least like a Grass-type Pokemon. It's also one of the least likely Rock-type Pokemon as well, which is why it's one of my favourite Rock-type critters too. Sure it's slow and it's ugly and its stats aren't the best... but there's something about it that I just can't say no to. Maybe it's those creepy eyes that aren't really eyes; maybe it's the fact that its typings - which, individually give craploads of weaknesses - cancel most of the weaknesses out. I don't know. All I do know is that I love Cradily.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Lilligant. I use a Lilligant every chance I get to. One day I'll get to abuse Own Tempo by using Petal Dance, but I have to work up the courage to run that set because it's very gimmicky.

But yeah, Lilligant's really pretty and really useful in-game.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
For me, it's Venasaur because it's the first Pokemon I ever had, (I still have my very first Venasaur, transferred all the way to White 2 from Leafgreen) and because Venasaur is my favorite Pokemon ever.

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
I'll start with fave of each type then all time fave
Normal:
132.gif
Ditto
Cmon, it's a purple blob that copies things. Kewl
Fire:
643.gif
Reshiram
I'm normally not into fire types but reshiram is an exception. I'm kinda glad I chose black now.
Water:
160.gif
Feraligatr
Being my first pokemon, I had to put him in.
Grass:
389.gif
Torterra
What a cool turtle
Electric:
596.gif
Galvantula
It's also my favourite bug poke
Bug:
596.gif
Galvantula
See?
Poison:
001.gif
Bulbasaur
A classic
Fighting:
475.gif
Gallade
Blades for arms? Awesome
Flying:
373.gif
Salamence
Rawr
Rock:
142.gif
Aerodacdyl
Rawr
Ground:
290.gif
Nincada
Evolves into ninjask and shedinja
Steel:
649.gif
Genesect
Look at it.
Ice:
646.gif
Kyurem
One of my favourite legendarys
Psychic:
150.gif
Mewtwo
First pokemon to lv100
Ghost:
200.gif
Misdreavus
Looks like Mephiles
Dark:
571.gif
Zoroark
Gotta love this guy
Dragon:
646.gif
Kyurem
Cool backstory
Overall, it's a tie between Zoroark and Galvantula. If I had to choose, it'd be Zoroark. I even put his name on the rock in the Shaymin event.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Favorite Fire-Type?

Simple question I would like to know what's your favorite Fire-Type Pokemon both legendary and non-legendary? Well for me if your talking non-legendarys I'd have to go with Charizard if you are talking about legendarys defiantly Reshiram.

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
Talking about legendarys, I'd pick Reshiram. I don't really like fire types. But i do like reshi. He looks original. Non-legendarys, I dunno. Maybe something like Flareon coz it's fluffy

Years
Ninetales has been my favorite Fire-type Pokemon for a long time, even though it's prevolution would always show up in the game I didn't own (Silver, SoulSilver, LeafGreen). I also loved that, despite it still being a pure Fire-type, it's able to learn a good number of Psychic-type moves.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
My number one is none other than CYNDAQUIL! Dear little Cyndaquil the Johto fire-type starter will always be first on my list for absolute cuteness and adorableness. <3 For a legendary, it would have to be Entei. This fire dog was the first of the legendary dogs that I have seen due to the movie, and will always remain part of my childhood. :3

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Flareon or Chandelure are my favorites, and my favorite legendary Fire-type is Victini, definitely x)

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
There was a locked thread for this, and I posted my faves there. I'm not gonna use double types to fill my faves though. I'll have a new Pokemon in those types.

Normal: Granbull - He just looks like a tough guy ahaha. I like him for that!
Fire: Houndoom - He's a doberman, and breathes fire and pulsates dark energy. What is there not to like?
Water: Omastar - Destroyed in Blue for me. Hydro Pump, Surf, Blizzard and Horn Drill is a hilarious moveset, especially for a guy like me who gets lucky with bad accuracy moves. I use Omastar regularly to this day!
Grass: Venusaur - He's just sick. A quadriped dinosaur with a huge blooming flower on his back. What's not to like?
Electric: Galvantula - Can learn to spiderweb attacks, can potentially have 91 base accuracy for Thunder, and Galvanize may be one of the best words in the English language.
Bug: Pinsir - There are so many bugs I love, also Masquerain, Shedinja, Ninjask, and Galvantula, obviously. But Pinsir was around first and he's a monster. Venomoth too but he's going in Poison.
Poison: Venomoth - He looks really cool, and has probably my favourite voice in the show, aside from Breloom.
Fighting: Breloom. He's looks SICK! It's a shame how people only use him for Spore and Focus Punch, though. 130 base attack and the best voice in the show. Can't go wrong with this guy.
Flying: Crobat - Ran faaaaast through Ruby with this guy leading my team. Torched the Elite Four as well, someone survived against Glacia. (I'm lucky with Attract).
Rock: Probopass - Although if I could get rid of his mustache I certainly would!
Ground: Marowak - Bonemerang is the best name for an attack. Looks really cool too.
Steel: Bisharp - Based off of the bishop chess pieces, and he's also part dark. <3
Ice: Froslass (looooooooooooooooooooooooove Snorunt) and she makes him really cool.
Psychic: Espeon - favourite with Umbreon.
Ghost: Whatever the ghost evolution that Eevee eventually gets is. Ahaha.
Dark: Umbreon - favourite with Espeon.
Dragon: Kyurem Cool backstory

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2014
What's your favorite pokemon?

Just tell me about yours

Mine is umbreon mainly because I grew up with him on colosseum and he was all I used

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Blastoise. I am not sure whether it is because it was always my favourite card as a kid or whether it is because how cool he looks but I really love Blastoise. My 2nd is Typhlosion because Gold was always my fave game as a kid and I raised a Cyndiquail into a Typhlosion :) 3rd is Houndoom because he looks awesome lol :D

Back