• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*!Pokemon Cycle Challenge!*

Kl1

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
just a quick question to ShinyGold in this challenge, when is the challenge completed? after I became the champ or after I beat the rival for the last time in Cerulian City? (dunno exactly if this is the last fight against the rival).

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Sorry for the absence

Here you go, TrollShammy:

Breloom
286.gif

Flygon
330.gif

Swalot
317.gif

Give it your best!

Sorry for late response thanks, LRage :) oh Flygon *drool*

1-Booted up Emerald
2-Did the usual starting stuff picked Mudkip as my starter, to my luck it was a female O.o
3-Trained it up and then took on Branden and Treecko no problem
4-Got some Poke'balls from Birch and shoes from mom
5-When to Old Dale Town, wondered to left took out trainers
6-Went to Petalburg showed Wally how to catch Pokemon, glared at him cause he gets Ralts so easily xD
7-Wondered into Petalburg Woods and found my Shroomish..named him Bastra :D and went back healed and kept Mudkip around only to back up Shroomish til I can get to the other 2 team mates
8-Defeated Roxanne then defeated Branden, Swampette evolved to Marshtomp saved Peeko and got a ride Dewford...talked to Steven and then battle Brawley
9-Moved on to Slateport City, took out Team Aqua went up onto Route 110 picked on my 2nd team mate after a bit, Gulpin (F) name it Taila
10-now that I have 2 of em yay, Swampette is pure back up only and Surf Purposes :P

MY CYCLE TEAM after 2 badges in Slateport City
emesprani285.gif

Bastra (m)
Level 20

emesprani316.gif

Taila (f)
Level 15

SOME PICS

EmeraldCycleBadge1StoneBadge.PNG
EmeraldCycleBadge2KnuckleBadges.PNG

THE BACK UP POKE for doubles only really-
emesprani259.gif
(and will be used for Surfing)
Swampette (F)
Level 18

Last edited:

Kl1

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I just finished my ShinyGold challenge and here is the first and final update:

Spoiler:

Team:

Spoiler:

for the next challenge, I'd like to do platinum.

Sign-up form:

Username: Kl1
Cycle: WATER→GROUND→ELECTRIC→WATER
Challenge: Single
Difficulty: Experienced
Game: Platinum

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
Alright, so I can get this all done at once. I want everyone to tell me if they've beaten a challenge and if they need a new team. Being gone these past days and I don't feel like trying to keep track of all this from going back and forth between pages.

Years
Oh wow. Sorry for the complete lack of updates for my run, life kind of got in the way and I forgot I was doing it.:nervous:
I don't really know what I've done since I just started playing the game again so I'll just add this small synopsis of what seems to have happened:

Pokemon Emerald
Number of Badges: 6
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png
50px-Dynamo_Badge.png
50px-Heat_Badge.png
50px-Balance_Badge.png
50px-Feather_Badge.png

*It seems like I've already gotten 6 badges and defeated Team Magma, as their hideout is cleared out and Groudon is gone

Current Team:
Spoiler:

TrollShammy80

Years
2nd Update...I wish I had an actual cartridge of this game I miss it so

PokemonEmeraldBastraEvo.PNG PokemonEmeraldTailaEvo.PNG EmeraldCycleBadge3DynamoBadge.PNGEmeraldGymBadge4Flannery.PNG

1-Bastra evolved into BReloom and learned Mach Punch, a little bit later Taila evolved into Swalot
2-Went and battled Wattson and won no problem
3-Took care of Team Magma
4-Battled Flannery won on 2nd attempt
5- Got the Goggles from Branden and went to the desert...got my final team mate, Zevah the Trapinch
6-GAME ON NOW :P
TEAM:
emesprani286.gif

Bastra the Breloom
Level: 32
Male

emesprani317.gif

Taila the Swalot
Level: 31
Female

emesprani328.gif

Zevah the Trapinch
Level: 21
Female

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
@altaria221

Venusaur
003.png

Marowak
105.png

Tentacruel
073.png

@CanadianBaconX

Hariyama
297.gif

Cradily
346.gif

Ninjask
291.gif

(You can fight Roxanne before catching Nincada since technically she is before the route where you find them.)

@Kl1

Torterra
389.png

Luxray
405.png

Floatzel
419.png

Okay, and I will soon update the front page

Kl1

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
1st update, didn't come very far yet :/

- picked Turtwig as my starter and did went to Jubilife City
- got the Poketch and caught my second team member, a Shinx
- trained both pokemons on the way to Oreburgh City to lvl 15
- defeated Roark and got the first badge
- went to Floaroma City and saved.

Team:
Spoiler:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Update for my Ruby challenge

Spoiler:

Kl1

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
2nd update:

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

next update should be the last because I really want to finish Platinum, just can't stand gen 4 :/

btw, whats up with that Wario? :D

Kl1

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
and here is the final update, just defeated Cynthia, finally :s

Update:
Spoiler:

Details:

Spoiler:

Final Team:

Spoiler:

TrollShammy80

Years
Got a little more done in Emerald this week

Leveled Zevah up to 30
Defeated Dad (Norman)
Got Surf and went on the Abandom Ship
Met Steven on the way to Fortree City
Took care of Team Aqua and got Castform
Defeated Branden
Got the Devon Scope from Steven
Defeated Winona
After the Gym Battle was over, Zevah evolved into Vibrava and learned Dragonbreath

TEAM AFTER 6 BADGES
Spoiler:

RECENT PICS

Spoiler:

Years
Okay! I finally finished this challenge! After neglecting it for so dang long I spent last night beating the E4 and then grinding to fight Steven.
Pokemon Emerald
Number of Badges: 8
E4 defeated, Champion and defeated Steven

50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png
50px-Dynamo_Badge.png
50px-Heat_Badge.png
50px-Balance_Badge.png
50px-Feather_Badge.png
50px-Mind_Badge.png
50px-Rain_Badge.png

I'm skipping the gym fights, events and grinding

*After finally getting all my badges and going through Victory Road, I start adding TMs to my team to buff them up
*Starting with Sydney, I used Jessie to beat through all his Pokemon
*Next was Phoebe, who gave me more trouble than I thought. Sharpedo was able to take down 3 pokemon before going down to a thunderbolt. I then switched to Evan to just Faint Attack the rest to fainting.
*Glacia was a piece of cake with just using Numan.
*Drake was the hardest as I had to fight him twice. First time, I let Kingdra get off too many dragon dances and when I finally defeated it, I only had Evan left and he went down to Salamence's Flamethrower. Second time around, I got lucky and got a critical hit Sky Uppercut on the first turn I fought Kingdra and the rest were easy.
*Wallace was... easy-ish. Evan took a few turns with Needle Arm to take down Wailord, Cathy took down his Tentacruel with Psychic and then back to Evan to defeat 3 other pokemon, with Milotic getting a critical hit Ice Beam the first turn they fought. Quick switch to Numan and I won with a Sky Uppercut.
*Grind Time*
*After getting back and Grinding for a few levels, I went to fight Steven.
*After a few turns of Blaze Kicking Skarmory (He kept using Full Restores), I was finally able to defeat it.
*Next, he used Aggron, which was quickly defeated by a Sky Uppercut.
*Next was Metagross, who was defeated by a few turns of Blaze Kicks (again with the dang Full Restores).
*He pulled out Claydol, who actually defeated Numan with an earthquake after Sky Uppercut missed. I switched over to Nikoli, who was defeated by an earthquake on the first turn. Going over to Evan, his Claydol put up a lightscreen, reflect and full restores which made me have to constantly use Needle Arm and Faint Attack until it finally fainted (Needle Arm didn't have any PP left and Faint Attack had very few left).
*A quick switch to Armaldo, I switched to Jeb and used Psychic until it finally fell.
*When he sent to Cradily, I kept Jeb in but he was defeated after only 1 Giga Drain. Switched over to Cathy, who was also defeated, but put up a good fight (His Cradily had its stats boosted almost every time it used Ancient Power and Ingrain was in effect). I then went to Jessie, who I used as a buffer until I revived Numan. I switched to Numan and defeated Cradily with a Blaze Kick.

Final Team:

Spoiler:

End Game Pics:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I captured a Numel and it evolved into Camerupt, defeated some gym leaders and now I'm searching for.....Feebas... ><!

Update for my Ruby run

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
username: koopafan29
cycle: fire-grass-water-fire
challenge: single
difficulty: intermediate
game: diamond

TrollShammy80

Years
@KoopaFan29
Magmar (Magmotar if you can evolve)>Leafeon>Bibarel>Rapidash

@LiquidRage If I wasn't suppose to give someone they're pokemon I apoligze, was just tryin to help :)

EmeraldMaxieBeat.PNG

yayZevahFlygon.PNG

7 Badges Yay.PNG

EmeraldBadge7.PNG

GroudonvsKyogre.PNG

TEAM AT SKY PILLAR AREA
Spoiler:

A Quick Summary-
Defeated Tate and Liza, helped Steven battle Team Magma...watched Groundon and Kygor scene almost done with my challenge should be done later this evening hooray and heading for Sky Pillar to get Rayquaza

OK Seriously...I went to go start playing again and my save file is completely gone and way back at badge 4...and I dont' feel like getting back to where I was again; i don't know what happened I'm gonna withdraw from challenge I dont' feel like doing all I did over again and I was at the freakin Sky Pillar sorry LR i may start a different challenge with another game but that just irritated me bad

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Update on my Ruby run

Spoiler:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
This seems interesting, might give it a go.

Username: 雷影 イチロ (Raikage Ichiro)
Cycle: Fire > Water > Grass > Fire
Difficulty: Moderate
Game(s): Black Rom
Trade-ability: No

PS: DIE LilJz1234! You have failed this city!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Been a while since I did a challenge.

Username: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Cycle: WATER→GROUND→ELECTRIC→WATER
Difficulty: Moderate
Game(s): Ruby
Trade-ability: N

Back