• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: HotY hacks things

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
As some of you may already be aware, Pokémon Coral was 2018's HotY runner up. I'd like to write another #FanGameFriday and figured I would nominate this one! What I had in mind was another fairly short promotional summary as I did with Pokémon Orange, but with (hopefully) more quotes from members who enjoyed it.

Of course, the actual winner of Hack of the Year, DarkViolet, and the third-place Adventure Red should probably get some love too. Since we've already had reviews of those three hacks maybe a review wouldn't be ideal (or if another review would be wanted, it should be written by someone new of course), but I'll leave that thought with Daily staff. Maybe something a bit more special/lengthy should be done for the winner, like an interview with the original creator and the person who picked it up in their absence, asking players what they liked about it to use as quotes throughout, etc.

Limited free time over the next week or so what with college commitments but I'd be up for doing something for Coral (I've gotten the creator's permission, thanks coraldev!) if anyone else who is reading this might like to put something together for one of the others. =) x

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Interview sounds like a decent idea for the other ones. I recall some brainstorming elsewhere of questions we could ask (as a base) for rom hack people, I'll look it up later.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Cool, I can make a start on the Coral one at some point next week. I imagine loads of people would want to do something for Adv Red since it's so popular. Winner's article would take a bit more planning so will leave that with you for now =)

Back