• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The official 2019 Pokemon Calendar has been revealed

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
__alolan_vulpix_kaki_lillie_lycanroc_mamane_and_others_pokemon_pokemon_anime_and_pokemon_sm_anime__9173563d48f119ed1532dd9d1d6fc57b.jpg

__acerola_alolan_exeggutor_alolan_marowak_alolan_vulpix_bewear_and_others_pokemon_pokemon_anime_and_pokemon_sm_anime__d566220bdae0aa7e650fd6ac4c943f71.jpg

These never show spoilers, but this one is unique among the XY and previous SM calendars as it features the human cast instead of just the Pokemon.

Years
Image doesn't load, and when I go to the URL directly it says the page doesn't exist. Do you have any other image links?? I'd love to see it!

Years
I see it now! Happy to see Lillie so close to the front but lol, poor Mallow, Lana, and Kiawe trying to catch up in the background. Would love to see some of the pages.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 20, 2020
Who the hell cares, Ash will fail to become a Pokémon Master and everyone else will be permanently removed from the anime. Ending spoiled, no need to waste time getting there.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Who the hell cares, Ash will fail to become a Pokémon Master and everyone else will be permanently removed from the anime. Ending spoiled, no need to waste time getting there.

ok again, you could have said that nicer :/. Secondly if you dont like tha anime then why comment here? just wondering

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
other than that, i never actually seen a pokemon calender before. Not surprising though that they actually have calenders, but cool at the same time.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 20, 2020
ok again, you could have said that nicer :/. Secondly if you dont like tha anime then why comment here? just wondering

Again, I need to state the truth, FlameChrome. I'm not afraid of spreading my words and point out how sad and predictable the Pok?mon has become. There is no reason to invest in a show that's practically near-100% filler.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Again, I need to state the truth, FlameChrome. I'm not afraid of spreading my words and point out how sad and predictable the Pok?mon has become. There is no reason to invest in a show that's practically near-100% filler.

If it's of any consolation, at least there's the chance that Misty will actually RESUME her goal of Water Pok?mon Master this time around (and we know she's going to be returning thanks to that teaser poster for the new season of Sun and Moon), and believe me, speaking as someone who outright HATED the fact that Misty had been forced out of her goal by her sisters, I've been looking forward to the day she actually is allowed to actually pursue her goal again. As long as they make sure when she departs she DOESN'T end up forced back into the gym yet again, I'll be content. I mean, even you have to agree that, as bad as the other companions get regarding getting the axe, at least they are actually ALLOWED to continue pursuing their goals, or at the very least actually change their goals on their own accord with minimal, if any outside influence forcing them to change their goals, which is a heck of a lot more than what Misty got (heck, Max even, thanks to the writers' stupid insistence at keeping Ash 10). And besides, considering how the Japanese fans really made clear their displeasure regarding the writers' stunt with Kalos via Twitter, I'm pretty sure the writers wouldn't dare try to pull a similar stunt this time around, meaning this time, Ash might actually WIN a game league.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
We're dealing with the SuMo saga though, so the odds of Misty doing anything that progresses her goal from two decades ago are slim to none IMO. I mean gosh, SuMo's regular cast members have barely gotten development other than once or twice in a blue moon in the past two years, so I don't see why Misty (or Brock) should be expected to do anything worth a damn in the little mini-arc that they'll get.

To be honest, I'm not even sure they're merely going to get a mini-arc, anyway. I doubt they'd have them on the poster if they were only meant to have a mini-arc (after all, they didn't with the first teaser poster, and that was DESPITE them not only appearing in the final two episodes of that arc, but their having a pretty big role in jumpstarting the Alola league). Heck, the second and third teaser posters omitted Team Rocket, and that was DESPITE their appearing in those arcs. I'm pretty sure it's going to be at least a bit of a bigger role. And anyways, them even HAVING Misty and Brock appear at all, let alone make a return that they foreshadowed earlier, is definitely unusual especially given their past tendency to have everyone forget about past leads, so I'm pretty sure they're going to remember her goal and have her advance in it (and besides, after stressing Brock was a "former gym leader" in When Regions Collide AND having him perform better overall than Misty, something tells me they're hinting at Misty's future).

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Misty/Brock not being in this calendar makes it obvious their cameo won't be very long.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Misty/Brock not being in this calendar makes it obvious their cameo won't be very long.

So why even bother including them on the poster if they're not even going to last very long? After all, they weren't even on the first teaser poster, and yet they actually appeared in the arc that poster represented.

I'm pretty sure they're going to last longer than their last appearance anyways. At the very least three episodes, if not four or five, since that's the only way they could be on the poster when they weren't even on it with the first teaser poster (and that was despite their episodes pretty much revealing the existence of an Alola league).

And besides, how can you even be sure about that? Last I checked, the calendar pages are under an x, meaning it's impossible to view them right now. And as Rad Dudesman said, they don't show spoilers either, so we really have no way of knowing whether it's a short appearance or that their role is so important that even showing when they'd appear is a spoiler. And we can't really trust the calendar anyways: The last calendar indicated that Zygarde Core was going to leave around August or September, yet it stuck around until about November, which was around the time XY ended and SM began.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Sorry for double posting, but this is really important to mention:

Either yesterday or today (not sure which since it's a little after Midnight where I am now), the Japanese Pok?mon site just unveiled Misty's new Alola outfit (well, sort of, anyway):

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2018/11/181122_e01.html?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social

The site also indicates (if Bing Translator is to be believed) that Misty and Lily's respective Japanese voice actors are going to be special guests on the anime's talk show. And anyways, the teased outfit further proves that whatever Misty's reasons for reappearing, it has little to do with Pok?mon Let's Go (especially when they could have just as easily used her outfit from that game for her return).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Well obviously, CyberCubed. They'll just show up for a few episodes to promote LGPE and then leave again. No one who's reasonable expected them to intrude upon SuMo's cast for a significant amount of time.

Yeah, based on the fact that they even bothered to foreshadow Misty and Brock's return at all, I'm doubtful their return was just for LGPE promotion (remember, the Kanto Reunion arc, let alone Episode 43 which foreshadowed this coming reappearance, predated even the announcement of LGPE, let alone its release. And besides, neither the outfits in the teaser poster nor the new outfits they're going to wear for Alola were EVER in LGPE).

I'm personally willing to bet three to five episodes, bare minimum, since that's the only way they can have a short appearance and yet still have an appearance on that teaser poster (two episodes is too small especially when they weren't even on the first teaser poster despite the whole Kanto Reunion arc, and that was two episodes). Heck, for all we know, even if we ARE to assume that the calendar is accurate, they'll last up to June 2019 since they never actually showed any dates in January up to June (I'm doubtful they would have bothered including them on that teaser poster if they're simply going to have a small appearance, important role or not. They certainly didn't include Misty and Brock in the first teaser poster despite not only the Kanto Reunion arc occurring within the arc that teaser poster was supposed to highlight, but it arguably being a pretty major appearance due to those two effectively being the main reason why there's even an Alola league coming up, and that arc lasted two episodes.).

Last edited:
Back