• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years

Hack Check Thread Rules

• Trade Corner rules apply.
  • Fill out the request template below when requesting a Hack Check.
  • PKHeX Hack Checks may only be requested if a Hack Checker cannot determine legality simply from the details provided.
  • A Hack Checker's verdict is final. All Pokémon deemed to be a hack by a Hack Checker are not to be traded on PokéCommunity or its Discord server. No exceptions.
  • Remember, you may ping a Hack Checker in the #pokemon-trading channel using @Hack Checker to have your request processed on Discord instead. Please supply the same details as shown in the form below.

Smogon has an extensive guide on how to spot hacked Pokémon in each generation, including illegal Hidden Ability + Pokéball combinations and Pokémon that will never be shiny (despite not being listed, shiny Mew is always considered hacked on PokéCommunity and may not be traded). You may use this source to help determine if your Pokémon is hacked or not.

Hack Check Request Application

Fill out the following form for Hack Checks:
Pokémon:
Shiny:
OT:
ID:
Level:
Region of Origin:
Nature:
Ability:
Ribbons:
Location Met & Level Met:
Where/how you recieved it:
Individual Values/Characteristic:
Effort Values: (In gen 7, go on the Summary page and press Y)

Official Hack Checkers (@Hack Checker)

• Spirit Shackle - @ddrox13#7859
  • Firebolt - @Firebolt#1792

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Dialga
Yes
Lukas
Johto
Timid
Pressure
None
Link trade in pomemon Y

This seems to be a Dialga soft-resetted from the Sinjoh event in HGSS. It having the ideal nature is sketchy (as well as being obtained in a Link Trade), but if it doesn't have 31 in any IVs, then it's probably legal at best.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
what are 31 ivs and btw its in a dusk ball, and is it rare

IVs (Individual Values) are basically hidden values that determine the final value of a stat. IVs can range from 0 to 31. For example, if your Timid Dialga has a Speed IV of 31, then, at level 100, it's the fastest Dialga you could possibly obtain (as Timid nature increases Speed and decreases Attack). Whereas a Brave Dialga (+Attack -Speed) with 0 Speed IV is the slowest stat-wise. Here is a link to the Bulbapedia page that describes how to find the NPC in-game that can check your IVs.

As for if it's rare... Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, no? A shiny Dialga from the Johto region itself is pretty rare, but in my personal opinion, anyone who's wanted one has probably already caught it in the wild in gen 6 or 7, or obtained one from the SUM2013 shiny event distribution. It is still very valuable to someone who likes collecting regional shinies, as well as newer players who missed the event or haven't caught a shiny one in the wild yet. It's definitely worth at least a shiny legendary in return, if you decide to trade it. This is all assuming it doesn't have perfect IVs and is therefore a blatant hack, of course.

Last edited:
Years
I also have a lv 1 manaphy with 7 in all categories and when I tried to put it into the gts it said this is a special pokemon it cannot be traded it also knows tail glow bubble and water sport. Is it real

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I also have a lv 1 manaphy with 7 in all categories and when I tried to put it into the gts it said this is a special pokemon it cannot be traded it also knows tail glow bubble and water sport. Is it real

Um... What do you mean by '7 in all categories'? Those are standard level 1 Manaphy moves, and event Pokemon can't be traded over the GTS so that makes sense (it should have a special Ribbon like other event Pokemon do).

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
its not an event its from the egg and all of its stats at level 1 are 7, and it wont let me put it into the gts

Stats at level 1 are pretty much useless, as a huge number of Pokemon have the same stats whether the IV is 0 or 31, and for those that don't, there's usually only 1 or 2 points difference so the only thing I'd be able to tell you is "the IV is higher than 15 at least" (for example). Manaphy falls under the first example; using an IV calculator and assuming neutral nature, a stat of 7 could be any IV between 0 and 31 inclusive for each stat.

However, the first bit is the more interesting point. There's only one Manaphy event I'm aware of that is obtained as an egg, and that's the one from Pokemon Ranger. So if the Manaphy is from the Sinnoh region and has no unusual stats (even RNGing it to have good stats is hard for that specific egg, so if it has good stats then it's dodgy), then it's possibly legal. Else it's definitely a hack.

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Zeraora
No
Not sure (japanese)
2018 Pokémon movie
Naughty
Volt absorb
Wishing ribbon
Link trade

If the OT is フウラシティ, then there's nothing fishy as it seems to be a normal event Zeraora (assuming it doesn't have perfect IVs, once again). There is the possibility of the Wonder Card being injected via PowerSaves though (which is not allowed on PC). Wonder Cards injected this way always have the same claim date (for example, 20th Anniversary event Keldeo injected with PowerSaves will always show the claim date as 2016-10-04 no matter who injects it on what cart). I'm not certain of the predetermined date for Zeraora, but I might be able to check if I can find where I put my PowerSaves. If the date of the hack and the date of yours match, then yours was most likely injected with PowerSaves considering it was obtained from a random Link Trade.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Lugia
No
10ANNIV
Hoenn
Pressure
None
Link trade in Pokémon Y, traded a deoxys for it

Once again, without the Pokemon's IVs, I can't accurately tell you if it's a blatant hack or not (remember, you can find out where the IV judge is and what his analysis means in this link here). The details you've given me match the 10th Anniversary distribution, but these specific event Pokemon are quite rare these days; at best, it's definitely a clone.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
Hi, a little confused about something, if someone used/use pk cfw things on 3ds and traded for example a cloned piplup on a cfw 3ds or non cfw but with a ''save from save managers'' is that allowed? (If not how to know if its not used by these methods? Though i do know people use sometimes Pkhex to check if a pokemon is legit or not, but if save managers are not allowed i wanted to know how to know if someone didn' t use it)

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Hi, a little confused about something, if someone used/use pk cfw things on 3ds and traded for example a cloned piplup on a cfw 3ds or non cfw but with a ''save from save managers'' is that allowed? (If not how to know if its not used by these methods? Though i do know people use sometimes Pkhex to check if a pokemon is legit or not, but if save managers are not allowed i wanted to know how to know if someone didn' t use it)

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to ask, but I'll do my best to help clear up any confusion.

Are save managers allowed? Short answer: Yes! People spend a lot of time and love on their Pokemon save files, and it'd be almost inhuman to not allow them to back-up their saves in case anything happened to their Pokemon or otherwise. However, there are certain features that are not allowed (here on Trade Corner):
  • Creating or editing Pokemon. These Pokemon are considered as good as 'hacks' by any self-respecting Trainer. Cloned Pokemon do not count if the Pokemon that it's cloned from is legitimate (created naturally through normal gameplay), as it is basically impossible to tell if a Pokemon is cloned or not anyway (and it encourages people to trade their rarer collections). However, once you clone your legitimate Pokemon, then both the original and the clone are no longer considered 'legitimate', and are instead called 'legal' (legal Pokemon are ones that can naturally exist within the game, but they weren't obtained naturally). Clones of clones is fine too, just don't clone Pokemon that don't belong to you without the other Trainer's permission.
  • Using back-up and restore to obtain the same event multiple times. This is completely unfair as it allows a handful of people who have access to such software to basically monopolise event Pokemon (for example, why would you trade with Trainer B's event Pokemon when Trainer A has every combination of the same event that you could possibly want?). I've also heard reports of people getting corrupted saves after backing-up and restoring their saves too much, so it's just safer to discourage the practice altogether.
  • Loading a different save to play with. I don't mean restoring an earlier save that you had because [insert some reason here], I mean grabbing someone else's save and running it on your own copy of the game as if the save was always there instead. This just leads to a whole sort of trouble that we shouldn't have to worry about in the first place.

I think that about covers it. Backing up your saves, loading your saves into PkHeX to hack check your Pokemon and cloning Pokemon/items is perfectly acceptable on Pokecommunity, though do note that some Pokemon websites and servers heavily frown upon cloned Pokemon, so make sure you always use full disclosure if you ever decide to trade Pokemon obtained from here (as there's no way knowing if a save manager was used unless the person you're trading with admitted to it themselves). Let me know if you have any more questions (or if I just ended up confusing you more 😅).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 26, 2020
Milotic
Yes
Trisha
Hoenn (gen3)
Bold
Competitive
All non event ones
Link Trade
0 atk ivs the rest are 31
Max hp and def the rest is spa

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Milotic
Yes
Trisha
Hoenn (gen3)
Bold
Competitive
All non event ones
Link Trade
0 atk ivs the rest are 31
Max hp and def the rest is spa

Most likely hacked. It could have been RNG abused, which I would need to check on PKHeX to be sure, but the fact that it was from gen 3, has perfect IVs (even 0 in Attack!) and it was obtained via Link Trade, my better judgement tells me that it's just a hacked 'mon instead.

Back