• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The Dollhouse: Come Play!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Hello there! Absolutely, you can visit the dollhouse to ask questions! ^_^

Well, on prices there isn't one simple answer so sit tight. But it is to some extent quality cost, the dolls are still very elaborate ball-jointed, poseable fashion dolls. They have eye complicated mechanisms in the back of the head to allow them to open and close their eyes. Putting these dolls together is intimidating even for me.

Though there are hundreds of different dolls, each release has an unique and individual faceup. The face plate is the same no two dolls releases have the same facial features, expressions or eye chips.

Also these dolls are pretty manufactured in Korea, and the cost to import them internationally is no doubt added to the sell price. I don't believe that there a dollmaking plants in Europe or the U.S. They are larg and tend to be weighty to ship, and very fragile, requiring more care and attention to pack.

In addition to that the stock clothing and accessories for the dolls are known for being very realistic. In the past dolls were even manufactured with real silk clothing and genuine fur trims, pearls, swarovski crystals. There stock may include items ranging from replicas of musical instruments to fully-functional backpacks, doll furniture and miniatures dolls and plushies.

The. Factor in that sometimes fashion labels or companies like Marvel, Disney and Sanrio will enter into collaborations with Groove, further incressing the price due to licensing. These dolls are intended to be collector's pieces so they have always cost more. For me they were the cheaper alternative to Luts dolls, which I think are beautiful but unaffordable for me.

However, saying all that, Groove has begun inflating their prices beyond what was previously needed to sustain production costs. When I first started collecting pullip dolls years ago the average price was about 70-80 collar. You might find an older doll for 49.99 or get a deal on Black Friday for a similar price. Pullip's friends used to be cheaper like 39.99 for an older model byul or dal doll. You never heard of dolls being sold for more than 150 dollars, including limited edition dolls and collaboration. However, now 150+ is the starting price for a new pullip doll. 2016 was kinda the beginning of the end for Groove in my opinion. This was when the prices skyrocketed. Yet while the prices soared the quality of the dolls did not, and in some cases we even saw quality decline.

In spite of all of this I still love Pullip. She herself is full of charm, despite the greed of her manufacturers. There are still some beautiful brand new dolls that I will probably collect over the years like Pullip Princess Kakyuu, Pullip Etoille, Pullip Anthy and maybe Taeyang Higekiri, but yes, you are totally right, they want too much for these. Don't trouble yourself with buying one unless you really would like your own Pullip :) These are costly things that I buy selectively on special occasions.

If you do get into this hobby then check your local Tuesday Morning if there is one in your city. There are a lucky, select few Tuesday Mornings throughout the country that carry Pullip dolls, though the one in my town doesn't regrettably :(

Tuesday Morning dolls are awesome because while they usually only have a handful of older models Pullips they sell them for the rock bottom price of 39.99, not knowing what they have! So you can get a steal. I have friends in Cali who have gotten some real jewels there, and am jealous.

You should also know the name Pullipstyle if you ever want to purchase a doll for yourself, they are the most familiar and friendly website to doll collectors in The United States is the website Pullipstyle. They have very fast, modest shipping and flexible customer service. If you are going to buy online their prices are the most fair, but the dolls are still going to be 100 and up.

Where I buy most of my Pullip dolls is from JpGroove. There prices are generally higher than Pullipstyle with also higher shipping rates and longer wait times, but they have the bigger collection and when they have a specials they are unparalleled. What I live for is an event called the sample doll sale. Unboxed dolls that have been displayed at conventions are resold for dirt cheap, dolls sell at 30 dollars, 50 dollars, 19 dollars. Its mayhem! These sales are usually flash, small selection and limited quality, but they have helped me grow my collection with inexpensive dolls that are often rare and out of stock.

You might get a deal on Amazon. Since Amazon uses sellers there is a really wide range of prices, some are are very competitive, others are grossly over-priced, so approach with caution. The collections are also smaller as these are usually not licensed pullip retailers. I normally reserve shopping there for dolls that are in stock at other retailers, that is when you are more likely to see prices slightly undercut. I like the seller Tea_Party a lot.

I shop at Ebay too, but I don't recommend EBay for buying your first Pullip doll because there are many international sellers who have rare and out of stock but inflate the prices. Though you may see a doll for 1,000 dollars on eBay only a select number of Pullip dolls can justify a price of more than 200 dollars. It is the same problem that you can run into with Amazon but just more extreme in my opinion. You can find some great deals on eBay but I recommend them only if you know exactly what you want, have extensive knowledge of what the doll should sell for and have set a budget. Its very easy for prices to spiral out of control with EBay especially if you are bidding at an auction.

EDIT: This is my third and last edit, but if you are interested in learning more about Pullips these are some of the hippest doll collectors on the net. These ladies are known for their Pullip reviews, which helped me make buying decisions for dolls when I was a novice. They have fun tutorials to help you make your own dolls, they share news about doll releases and sales, keep video journals, tour doll stores and of course showcase their dolly collection.

Klein
https://pullipsandjunk.com

Omocha Crush (Angie)
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCvwaXorGii56h32GnYDCiEQ

Scarlet B
https://m.youtube.com/user/rockerchick748

Hopefully someone else can use all this detailed info, because I'm not interested in dolls or Pullips apart from just YOUR interest, haha.

Hopefully you understand. I'm not a doll guy, but I'm interested in the fact you're interested, more than anything.

Years
Joyous news for me as a Pullip lover. I believe that I will be adding this lovely lady to my shelf this month.

This ravishing creation is an anniversary doll in celebration of Pullip's 15th year! It was love at first sight for me when I first saw Pullip Etoile. However, this doll was not widely distributed outside of Japan. Pullipstyle stocked a few that were quickly snatched up at a time when I had no extra money for dolls and I worried that the ship had already sailed on this one. After being heartbroken when Pullip Cinnamoroll sold out rapidly and watching that doll virtually fade away into nothing more than a legend that I would never be able to capture, I was desperate to not let Etoile escape my grasp too. Happily while just browsing on Mandrake randomly looking at dolls this morning a single Etoile appeared from one seller and for a very reasonable price. After my bulging eyes returned to their sockets I hastily added her to my shopping cart and placed my order, and received confirmation.

I'm anxious right now, my greatest fear is that this is some mistake and that I will receive an email apology, stating that my order has been cancelled because it was out of stock. I'm skeptical of my miraculous luck of a rare sold out 250+ dollar doll, beautiful and new in box, sitting there waiting just for me at only half of that price. Is this a mirage? Can it truly be? If this is a dream then please don't let me wake up. Just let me stay in my world of delusion.

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Last edited:
Years
Welcome everybody! So glad that you could make it :)
I have a few paranormal dolls that I have an eye on myself, particulaly Taeyang Nosferatu and perhaps Pullip Mir who is baed on a Chinese ghost. Those dollies are sorta mirage dolls for me. I frequently get very close to obtaining them, but they end up tantalizingly just beyond my grasp. I still own some darker dolls though that I might show pics of from my shelf as Halloween grows near, from Pullip Harley Quinn to the Black Butler series and Pullip Midnight Velvet-- the wicked Queen from Snow White.

We are glad to have ALL of you guys here! Bring your plushies too ^_^

I came here myself today because I found a listing for Pullip Sailor Mars on EBay. Mars was always my favorite character from Sailor Moon. She was su h a beauty, intense and had pyschic powers. However, I always had mixed feelings about the Groove collaboration.

This used Mars doll was at a good price, the seller is even willing to negotiate with best offer, and has free shipping with tracking. She is also the rarer premium version of Mars which would traditionally include changes of outfit from her Sailor Senshi suit to her school uniform. However, here's the rub...poor Mars has been passed around a lot. The doll itself looks in fine condition, but she has lost her shoes. So Mars will have to go to school in only her socks. Moreover, her senshi uniform has been lost, which is more problematic. Not gonna lie, the vinyl scout outfits were criticized as one of Groove's cheaper and tackier jobs, and I would probably have chosen to keep her in her high school uniform anyway-- which is said to be very well-made material. However, since she is a magical girl I still want the option of transforming her since that is kinda the whole point of including both looks.

Not sure what to do. Part of me wants to rescue Rei and get her into my loving hards. Her face and hair is still lovely. She doesn't cost that much and its unusual to find the premium version as a school girl these days, it is more common to just have the senshi uniform. On the other hand, I will have to fix her up a bit, searching for the rest of her stock outfit, and I am not finding the loose senshi uniform easily.

I suppose I could just snag her a beautiful new dress. Rei was quite a fashionista in casual clothes. I would have it made though if Pullipstyle was selling those shrine maid fashion packs.

EDIT: Now THAT is what I'm talking about! Awesome!

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Disclaimer

The dolls listed are fictional along with any information about them. Any connections to past events or people living or dead are only coincidental.

Credit

Credit goes to Rinmaru and Rinmaru Games (http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=spooky-doll-creator)

Sorry for being late, but I was out all day and had no time to post

Doll 1.JPG

Name: Mae

Personality: Shy, timid, avoids confrontation

Backstory: Mae was named after her owner, Mae Gordon as a gift from her missionary father. Mae was loved by her owner for years until she grew older and moved on to other things such as sewing. One day, Mae's owner had decided to give her away to a needy child while her father was visiting an orphanage in town. While Mae's owner was walking with her father in an alleyway, she was taken by a crook to his home. A day later, Mae's father recieved the ransom note via telegram demanding $140 within a week.

For days the Missionary prayed for the money, which he had recieved, but despite this, The Missionary still lost his daughter to the cold hands of death anyway. According to legend, Mae's owner supposedly clutched the doll in the last moments of life she had, staring it in the eyes. When the Missionary discovered what fate had befell his daughter, he had decided to build an elaborate tomb for Mae with a door that only he could unlock and enclosed the doll within it. On what would've been Mae's thirteenth birthday, the locked door to Mae's old bedroom had been the host of mysterious pounding. When the Missionary investigated the pounding, he had fought the doll on the bed with the words "Why me?" scrawled across the walls. Nobody really knows what happened to the Missionary after that with many claiming that he fled the home in maddening terror and others saying that he had died of fright. Since the mysterious incident with the Missionary, many have tried to keep the doll, but gave it up after being tormented by Mae Gordon.

Activity Associated with Doll: Those who have purchased Mae have reported a strange feeling of sadness, whimpering, cries for help, voices and tears streaming down the doll's cheeks. Pets are reported to avoid areas in which Mae is placed and children are known to engage with Mae as an imaginary friend.

Current Location: As of 09/28/2018, the doll is in the possession of Daphne Holt, who had reported similar incidents to the ones listed.

Last edited:
Years
I was absolutely enthralled reading the story of Mae the doll. I just ordered another used Pullip doll from EBay.I will be on the look out for odd occurrences to report!

I like buying a used doll when I can, you can find some rare pieces at affordable prices second hand, and it makes me feel like I'm giving a an abandoned, lonely little one a home where she can get cleaned up and displayed in all her finery and receive attention again, get carried around and played with and have other dolls for companions.

Well, I finally have an Alice Pullip doll. Groove constantly makes and remakes Alice in Wonderland-themed dolls Pullip dolls. I have two mad hatters, a king of hearts, and a white rabbit, but had no Alice for years. I think because Groove has more variations of Alice dolls than anything I have troubled picking one. I have thought about getting Pullip Classical Alice, Pullip Romantic Alice Pink and but caved yesterday when I ran into a used Pullip Alice du Jardin Pink on ebay going for cheap. She happened to be one of the Alice dolls on my short list, I didn't even have to think twice about it when this offer became available. Below is the girl I'm getting. I will get her in the mail by the 17th.

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Credit

All credit goes to Rinmaru and RinmaruGames (http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=spooky-doll-creator)

Doll 2.JPG

Name: Angelina

Personality: Easily scared but mischievous and possibly malicious

Backstory: Angelina was given as a gift to her owner, Angelina Palmer, by her father on a business trip to London. While Angelina loved her new doll, what she didn't know that a hypnotist serial killer had transferred their soul into the doll just before death and therefore desiring a host to join it for eternal torment. As the years went on, the pranks of Angelina's doll slowly became more dangerous and targeting Angelina herself. People did not believe Angelina in the fact that the doll was trying to kill her; that was until the fire at her family home. While the rest of the family made it out of the burning home, Angelina unfortunately did not, perishing in a locked room with the doll supposedly laughing manically as the doll had finally found the host, hence why it had survived the blaze.

For years afterwards, people had tried to take the doll in and try to release Angelina's tormented soul, but misfortune and bad luck which had driven people away from Angelina. To this day, Angelina remains a prisoner to the hypnotist for eternity.

Activity Associated with the Doll: Those who had become owners of Angelina had experienced the smell of smoke, sobbing, voices, maniacal laughter, orange lights around the doll and burning sensations. Animals often exhibit aggressive behavior while children are weary around the doll.

Current Whereabouts: As of 3 October, the doll is in an undisclosed location for study and potential exorcism.

Years
Groove has announced a stunning new kitsune-based pullip doll named Kumiho. I think this flamboyant fox demon is a fit guest for Halloween.

Happy Halloween folks. I thought I would celebrate dolls Halloween style by sharing this poke pasta Abandoned Poke Doll. Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGiK-weWldQ

Edit: I almost forgot! My little Isul came of age of today and bit his first victim on the neck! How romantic!

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Time to revive this dead thread! Nice looking dolls there (espically the vampire doll). Anyhow, I plan on bringing my Haunted Doll series back for Halloween this year, starting on September 13 (Friday the 13th).

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Turns out I might be adopting the club soon. Things are going to be the same as before, so don't panic.

Anyhow, time for the main event, the haunted doll collection!

Credit: Rinmaru Games Spooky Doll Creator (http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=spooky-doll-creator)

Capture.JPG

Name: Rose

Personality: Shy, but spiteful and jealous around married couples

Backstory: Rose was a doll given to Rose Brown from her aunt. Her aunt had squandered what little money she had earned as a teacher to give the gift to her niece as a Christmas present. Rose Brown had greatly appreciated the doll and had kept it in a case, only to be taken out for special occasions. One such occasion was her engagement to George Liddicoat, the son of a wealthy bank tycoon. Head over heels in love with him, Rose Brown had created a bridal dress for her doll. One night, George had asked Rose Brown to meet him at a local chapel. Rose, being completely naïve, had agreed to meet him in her mother's wedding dress.

When Rose had meet George in the chapel, he said that he didn't love her as much as he said and he only wanted to take over her family farm. When Rose had tried to leave, he ended up taking her life and her prized doll, where the ribbon had mysteriously aged and the flower had wilted. Rose was buried in her wedding gown and a pearl necklace to hide the marks on her.

However, after George was caught, it was said that he went crazy, constantly screaming that Rose was after him. Nobody believed him until George had died under mysterious causes. Many of the prisoners who lived close to George's cell had reported George screaming and pleading for forgiveness along with maniacal female laughter. After George's mysterious passing, the doll had suddenly appeared to Rose's family with a note reading "He wasn't sorry for what he did..." Rose's family had tried to dispose of the doll, only to have the doll disappear.

Activity Associated with the Doll: Owners of Rose had reported labored breathing with occasional gasping, an intense smell of flowers, poltergeist activity around married couples and screaming.

Current Whereabouts: As of September 6, the doll is the possession of Andrew and Evie Harrison, who had reported intense nightmares and poltergeist activity.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
This winter I am finally going to take on 100% OOAK doll customization. I'm going to use Monster High dolls and make my own custom creations! I don't really collect anything doll related, but I'm hoping to master this particular craft and post the results here! Does anyone else do doll customization like this?
Spoiler:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I don't really collect dolls as much as I want but... I do have an 18 inch My Life as doll from Walmart. Her name is Isabelle, and I tend to call her Izzy for short at times. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that likes dolls, especially on PC because I don't talk about her a lot either... unless to people I really, really trust and such.

Here's a picture of her btw:

Spoiler:

So yeah. :3 Yes, she's wearing a unicorn shirt/dress because unicorns duh! <3

Last edited:
Years
I'm glad to see The Dollhouse in good hands with TheGhostHunter.

My collection has greatly expanded since my last posts. I don't know where to even begin. Since I got this doll for my birthday from my mother I think I will show him off. He is Isul Light, and represents Watson from Sherlock Holmes. I once had my own herringbone Deer Hunter-style hat like that. There he is posed on my shelf.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
Izzy got new clothes today! My mom got me a few for her for my early birthday (Oct. 3rd tho). :3 I wanted to show them off because they are super cute!

Spoiler:

She doesn't get new stuff very often because a lot of the stuff that goes with her is expensive. :c Some of her clothes are from Goodwill.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Capture.JPG

Credit: http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=spooky-doll-creator

Name: Lydia

Personality: Confused and often scared. She is often curious around modern technology however.

Backstory: Lydia was given to her owner, Lydia Covington as a Christmas present from her beloved mother, Theodora. Lydia was cared for deeply by her owner, and she took her doll everywhere. One day, she was out playing in the snow with her family and all was well until a blizzard rolled in. Lydia's family were able to get to safety, unfortunately for Lydia, that was the last time she would see her family. The visibility had reduced to almost zero as she had tried to find her way back in the bitter cold. Despite her efforts, Lydia sadly perished in the cold, alone and lost. Her distraught parents went looking for her after the blizzard, only to find her frozen, clutching her doll. After the funeral, Theodora had went insane, constantly talking to her deceased daughter and sealing herself in a room with an altar dedicated to Lydia to alledgely help her daughter's soul reach the afterlife. However, this was in vain as Lydia still searches desperately for her family.

Activity Associated with the Doll: Those in possession of Lydia report random areas of cold, electronic devices operating themselves and a girl's voice calling for her mother while crying.

Current Whereabouts: As of September 23, Lydia is in the possession of Pastor Freddie Holland and his wife, Willow, who are trying to put Lydia's soul to rest.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I should go back to creating dolls online again. I just feel like I never have the time with my routine and such. ;o;

Anyway, I got a new Rapunzel doll for my birthday today! She's so cute.

Spoiler:

I love Rapunzel so much. >w<

Years
I really would love a new pullip doll. My usual doll hunting grounds have been bare lately. The stocks of most of the older dolls that remained on hand at pullip retailers for several years have been pretty much finally depleted at last. There have been thankfully lots of brand new pullip dolls released this year, unlike the nightmarish 2017 year where no pullips were release over all those long months. Still, even though i see some cool new and different dolls being advertised, Groove appears to be making far fewer quantities of what dolls they release, so often pullips that I am intetested in are temporarily out of stock when I check Pullipstyle, or go permanently out of stock not very long after they have released while I am saving to get them. They also are making virtually no dolls outside pullip. With luck you get 1 Taeyang, 1 Dal and 1 Isul a year. They haven't made Byul and Yeolume in several years, and seem to abandon then. So strolling a pullip website is getting to be short walk. Most pullip collectors I know are just custom-making their own dolls or buying old second hand ones from eBay. I worry that Pullip will die out soon, and I hope that doesn't happened.

Having said all that about not being able to find as many different dolls as I used to, there was one doll who was released this September/October that I really want, that would be Pullip Margrethe down below. I was happy to see that she was back in stock at Pullipstyle a couple of days ago.

I'd really like to buy her, and for a change I have a little cash on hand burning a hole in my pocket. But I'm trying to hold out until Black Friday. She's 150 dollars now at Pullipstyle, not including shipping, but if I wait till the end up the month I can probably get her at a discount, like maybe 15% off, which would be totally worth the wait. I just hope she doesn't get out of stock again before that time. I kinda don't think that would happen because Margrethe wasn't one of the popular relseases from this year. But I'm still biting my nails with worry. I think she is super cute, and I want to take her home soon. I will love and cherish Margrethe for all the pullip fans who didn't.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Haven't been able to post for Halloween, so I'm playing catch up with spooky dolls. Happy Holidays, I guess.

Credit

Rinmaru and RinmaruGames http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=spooky-doll-creator

Capture.JPG

Name: Abby

Personality: Prefers to keep to herself, rarely manifests in front of strangers

Backstory: Abby was bought for Abigail Dods in late 1800s. Abigail's parents had unfortunately died at a young age, leading to her being under the care of Adam McLuskey. Unfortunately for Abigail, McLuskey was known to be a heavy drinker and often abusive to Abigail. She had originally tried to ignore it, but eventually, it became too much for her to handle. Details about her fate are murky at this point, as the story has several variations. In one variation, she had simply slipped into a lake in the back of the house, others say that Adam had pushed Abigail in, while still others say that she had taken her own life after putting up with the abuse. The most supported version of the story, however, is that Adam had eventually caused Abigail to end it all.

As the story goes, after Abigail's burial, Adam was found dead in the same lake as Abigail. Everyone had thought that it was an accident, but a few suspicious folks believed that Abigail's spirit had either driven him into insanity or had drowned him to avenge her suffering. Whatever the case, the doll had been locked in the attic ever since.

Activity Associated with the Doll: Those in possession of the doll have reported sudden chills, sounds of dripping water, watery footprints and handprints along with weeping interrupted with cries of "Why me?" with some variation.

Current Whereabouts: As of November 21, the doll is in the ownership of Dexter and Alexandra Wright, who have been distressed by the paranormal activity

Back