• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Bay

Years
I remember back when I first began fanfiction I was like "I won't write romance" because I thought having romance in everything is overrated. Then when I branched out to other fandoms the majority of my fics has some romance in some way lol.

Oh, those two fics sound like great ideas, very interested in checking those out! And yes on the Hoenn love haha.

Years
I think the problem with romance is more with bad writing than with the genre itself. People shoehorn it in or force characters together when it makes no sense for them to be... or just write badly and unbelievably. Basically it just feels cringe usually because people force it instead of letting things develop naturally and that makes it feel unbelievable and awkward.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
I do have one I'm about to publish about the young Steven Stone and Wallace's first meeting as kids, and might turn into a series about their times together. Sootopolis Siren Song is the working title.

But really. Sounds like a story I would totes recommend to some acquaintances of mine who really like Hoennspeople too. And Wallace is the kind of character that I feel lacks screentime these days. Full support here!

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
A combination of all of the above for me really. I love to write and always get so many ideas but I've never been a finisher - so for me, I can't justify setting up another fic on here until I (finally) finish The Middle Ground.

As for romance, I've never really made it a major plot point so far when I've written, mostly because I don't think I know how to write it properly, haha.

When it comes to writing and reading, even though I'm a really impatient reader, I love a fic that is fully grounded in the fandom it's set in and does its best to deepen and expand on the already established lore. I find that I'll get inspired by a random pokedex entry or something mysterious from the world - like I've found myself fascinated by the Pokemon world's past and how in Unova and Kalos it mentions past civilisations and kings and the different methods people had to tame pokemon before pokeballs. So my next fic idea is definitely going to be set around some kind of parallel life/dual narrative of a girl/boy who is studying anthropology at a Pokemon world university and someone else from the past who encounters all sorts of problems (kind of assassin's creed-ish) and possibly a Celebi.

Years
Super bored at work, Tyler hit the refresh button on the PokeCommunity once again. To his surprise, he noticed that the wandering thread had been moved to the Roleplaying Section. "So much for the mini-TCTI," he grumbled to himself. "I really thought they'd make it to at least 15."
He sighed and picked up his cup of surprisingly too sweet cereal and continued to munch. \\\\\\\\\

Just then, his cat walked began to press down upon his keyboard, " \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\", apparently starved for attention. Apparently, she realized this was futile, and turned away from him and began to stare outside.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Rika groans and turns around under the blankets. She could have skipped that last beer. Then she might also have skipped the magnitude of this headache. But apparently, she still hasn't learned.

Or maybe, it was worth it.

Making a mental note to teach Siri how to write texts for her telepathically, Rika fumbles for her phone (head pounding as the bright screen screams into her face) and slides into Tyler's DMs.

"yo"

Last edited:

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
As KV refreshed the forum, a new thread appears, as if by magic. Six pages of posts, taking part in a game of sorts as the thread winds its way throughout the forum at moderation's discretion. If not for the fact that it was well past midnight, KV might actually read all of the posts within the thread before looking elsewhere for entertainment...

Years
gimmepie continues the train of self-narrated posts after realising that for the first time he can remember the wandering thread has actually ended up in the RPT. Then, because he has nothing better to do, he also slides into Tyler's DMs.

"Yo."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Rika drowsily notices a "yo" that didn't come from herself, nor from Tyler. Apparently this is now a group chat. That is ok though, gimmepie might be the biggest supervillain around, but he is ok.

"Sup"

Years
gimmepie chooses to answer by spamming the chat with semi-ancient stale memes. He has learned from former mod partners that this is the correct way to handle this situation.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Rika chooses to interpret this as Foxrally having hacked gimmepie's account, and proceeds to ban both for good measure.

Back