Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

TrollandToad.com

Old June 27th, 2017 (8:08 AM).
yes they change
  • Discord Moderoid
  • Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer

Nature: Calm
OK lots has happened. Last time I updated, I was about to beat Flannery. I now have all eight badges lmao. Between then and now, there have been several additions to the team, several REALLY close encounters with death and unfortunately, one death that I really wish never happened. I've replaced Mightyena with Absol and caught a Trapinch in the desert, trained it up to an almost-evolved Vibrava before it died tragically. RIP. I really love Flygon, but it wasn't meant to be. I've also been training up a Spheal I caught in Shoal Cave because I'm not really sure who to fill my last spot with, so might as well make it an ice type. I'm grinding before the E4 right now to be sure not to suffer any casualties. ORAS doesn't have great grinding spots for Pokemon you're trying to push into the 60's range.

The team:

Strutter - Lv. 61 @ Macho Brace
Blaze / Bashful
Slash, Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick, Bulk Up

Guuurl - Lv.59 @ Rocky Helmet
Shield Dust / Gentle
Venoshock, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Toxic

Tony - Lv. 59
Lightning Rod / Hardy
Thunder Wave, Flash, Charge, Discharge

Pinky - Lv. 60 @ Mystic Water
Water Veil / Serious
Waterfall, Tail Whip, Surf, Megahorn

Luna - Lv.59 @ Black Glasses
Super Luck / Brave
Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Psycho Cut, Swords Dance

Haroun - Lv.46
Ice Body / Lax
Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Rest, Hail

Honourable dead thus far:
Seagull the Wingull, Lv. 5 - 5, dead at Petalburg Woods.
Brain the Tentacool, Lv. 5 - 14, dead in Vendaturf Tunnel
Zedd the Vibrava, Lv. 22 - 43, dead somewhere

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 29th, 2017 (12:05 PM).
Rawr
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
The time has come at last, ladies and gents. Time to bury the hatchet with the plot. Trust me, this won't be nearly as lengthy as the last one...I hope.

Episode 4 - Crazy, 2 Kids, and Over 40, it's the Chronicles of Lusamine

So after the absolute trainwreck that was the Grand Trial, it was back to Ula'ula Meadow to grind up new team members. Naturally, one of them was Shades, who I got from the Haina Desert. Due to my dreadful team synergy and extreme common weaknesses in both the party and PC, options were limited. I had originally settled for Megatron, my Beldum...but he died during grinding because STAB Bug Buzz hurts. I had to go with the Lillipup I caught back on Akala Island, and grinded him, along with everyone else on the team, to at least Lv. 40.

About an hour or so of killing Ariados, Ribombee, and Oricorio, we're off to the Aether Foundation. Let me just put this one in short terms to save time, folks. Every trainer in that place got wrecked, Guzma included. It wasn't until I faced Lusamine herself that things got a bit dicey. Lead Clefable was already a huge red flag, and even worse since it had Magic Guard, so burning it was useless. The real problem with her team was her Lilligant. It had Own Tempo, and I knew that after it didn't get confused from Petal Dance. What did I do? Switched in Buzz Buzz thinking "oh, he can take a hit." That was a mistake, and it led me to realize my team's second biggest flaw. Everything on my team can't take special attacks well, and Petal Dance is a special attack. We can all guess what happened next. Buzz Buzz got slaughtered. Other than that, I think we're going to have one hell of a time during the second battle with Lusamine.

So after some story bits and Lillie's clothes change, we head off to Poni Island, the place where I need to pray to Arceus I get some amazing encounters, because I sure need them at this point of the run. First thing was first, and that was getting the free gift Aerodactyl as a new potential member of the team. I'm going to scout out a couple of other catches when we get them and choose then who I add to the team.

By the way, the Aerodactyl has a -Attack nature because of course it does. It is Lv. 40, though. Hmmm...

But let's remember that gift encounters don't count as my first encounter, so I'm still free to fish at Seafolk Village and find myself a Wailmer. Finally, a Water type that isn't Wingull or Tentacool...or Luvdisc, but the less we talk about that abomination, the better. Sadly, the Wailmer in question is a bit low leveled, but having Bus the Wailmer as more power in the PC won't hurt. Let's go and get some more mons.

Fun fact: up until this point, I have not run into a single Gumshos or Yungoos as my first encounter...until now. Gumshoos has come to me. I wanted good encounters, not garbage. It seems Poni Island won't be kind to me either. And of course, bad defenses. That's just great. On another subject, holy level spiking. Lusamine's team was all at Lv. 41, but now all these regular trainers have Lv. 43+ mons out of nowhere. What gives, game? I know this is the last island, but that's no excuse to screw me like that. Just you wait until I find my grind bait Oricorio patch and grind up the squad.

Ancient Poni Path means another encounter for me, and boy oh boy, do we got a big one. Granbull is the encounter of the moment. Once again, bad Special Defense, but a pure Fairy type with Play Rough and high Attack. Sadly, I got Quick Feet instead of Intimidate. TMs are an option, so I'll consider using The Bully.

By this point, I'm convinced this game hates me. I'm milking every encounter chance I can get, sure, but I got a Lv. 43 Magikarp on Poni Breaker Coast. A LEVEL 43 MAGIKARP! Like, seriously? I might just go and Rare Candy it right away to have a semi decent mon, but that's beside the point. On the bright side, neutral nature and it evolves into a Water/Flying type, something that could help me deal with Hapu coming up since her Mudsdale has the Z-Crystal. Anyway, let's hit up more story and be on our merry way. Can I just say that the way Machamp holds your character is still really awkward, because it is. At least it helps with pushing stuff.

Oh right, that story. Forgot about that for a sec. Yeah, Hapu's a kahuna now. Congrats to her. Can't wait to destroy her team. Anyway, time to slide on over to Exeggutor Island to get an encounter and a Sun Flute for plot related reasons. But in the meantime, forced encounter makes Alolan Exeggutor my first encounter. Unfortunately, it officially just made the final trial 9001x harder by Wood Hammering Frozen to death. Ultratree, you're a stizh. Now, let's get on with the story, and then I need to pick out two new team members to grind up.

This game interrupts progress way too often, I swear. Anyway, after our 40 billionth interruption, we got the Sun Flute and headed back to Seafolk Village. Now it's decision time. Who will join the squad in Frozen's place and in our empty slot? After thinking it over a while, I chose to add The Bully and Blue Shrimp to the team. Now, it's time to prepare for the final Grand Trial, Vast Poni Canyon, and the final trial.

So I'm right. This game hates me. Muddy Water Gastrodon in the rain killed The Bully during grinding. Since I know Hapu has a Gastrodon, I chose to take Ultratree temporarily. So, let's go take on that Grand Trial...is what I would say if there wasn't a random barricade of Team Skull grunts. This game just can't have enough getting in my way, I swear. This one isn't even hard. They're seriously just here to get in my way and it's annoying. That aside, let's get the Grand Trial over with.

So let me just say something. This game is unfair. The Grand Trial was easy, but during Vast Poni Canyon, during that double battle with the Ninetales and Sandslash, I thought I could kill them both with a Rock Slide, but Shades seriously got frozen first shot from Ice Beam, and then got double teamed because Icicle Spear strikes again and killed him. I've considered it for a while, but now I think it may be true. I think it may be impossible for me to win, mostly due to the few encounters I have left. I scouted them on Serebii, and there's almost nothing good left for encounters. I'm not giving up, though. I'm just annoyed that my recent chain of deaths have been due to stupid reasons.

Now, enough beating myself up for the game's trolling antics. After some more battles, Lillie coming out of nowhere to heal me, that painter chick giving me yet another useless item (Farium Z), and more near death experiences, we come to our second to last encounter because legendaries are banned. Sadly, it's just a Machoke. Eh, it's something. The final trial was nothing special either. Clanging Scales hit like a truck on Master Derp, but with Blue Shrimp taking hits like a champ, the final trial was clear. Our personal final trial, though, is that Lusamine battle.

So can I just say that I hate how her entire team gets a stat boost right off the bat? It's cheap and I hate it. It made her Clefable even harder to kill since it was already bulky, could swallow special attacks, and also had both Cosmic Power and Moonlight. It took a while (and a lot of setting up with both Smokey and Blue Shrimp), but I dealt with it. Mismagius got destroyed, simple as that. Same case with Bewear. It got absolutely destroyed.

The problems begin with Lilligant. First, it gets a Special Attack boost, which is stupid, or as Guzma would say, "Y'all are stupid." So, imagine that and Petal Dance put together. A 120 power STAB move on a base 110 Lilligant with a Special Attack boost. Even with higher Special Defense than the rest of my team, it still instakilled Blue Shrimp. Sure, I know the attack wasn't resisted, but still. Smokey's Special Defense sucks and she lived solely because it was resisted. Then there was Milotic, which was pretty much just a battle of "get a Special Defense drop and it'll die faster" with Master Derp. With that (and catching a legendary I can't use), we've covered the entirety of the story. All that remains is the not Victory Road mountain. Seriously, Vast Poni Canyon is more of a Victory Road than Mount Lanakila.

Massive grinding will be happening before Elite Four, naturally. So next update will be the end of the game. Let's hype ourselves up for a potential victory, folks!

Team Ruby

Master Derp (Slowbro) Lv. 50 @ Mystic Water
Nature: Naive
Ability: Own Tempo
Moves: Psychic, Slack Off, Shadow Ball, Scald

Smokey (Torkoal) Lv. 51 @ Heat Rock
Nature: Impish
Ability: Drought
Moves: Rock Slide, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Shell Smash

Bloodhound (Stoutland) Lv. 49 @ Nothing
Nature: Docile
Ability: Sand Rush
Moves: Crunch, Rock Tomb, Wild Charge, Aerial Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCree View Post
ORAS doesn't have great grinding spots for Pokemon you're trying to push into the 60's range.
I can agree with you there. I did a Little Cup Challenge on OR and grinding up for lategame was a nightmare. Dexnaving Pelipper and stealing Lucky Eggs off of them softens the blow a little with grinding, but that isn't exactly an option in a nuzlocke, sadly.
Old July 3rd, 2017 (5:26 AM).
Monocolorist

Nature: Quiet
    Pokemon X Nuzlocke - First Update

Infosheet (Catchlist, Team, Honored Dead list): Click here

Badges: 3

New Run! There have only been two main points of struggle so far. Me losing my Floette to Grant was complete negligence on my part, it could have been easily avoided. It was a big blow to my team as well, Fairy would have been such good coverage to keep around. The fight with Korrina before the gym fight with her two Lucarios could have gone very very very sour, but everyone hung on by the skin of their teeth. Had to use two X Attacks on Ivysaur to get through it.

Honored Dead:

Fable the Floette, Lv. 7-22: Got careless for like, one second against Grant’s Tyrunt, died to a Rock Tomb
    Old July 4th, 2017 (5:05 AM).
    Rawr
    • Crystal Tier

...It happened just as I feared.

Episode 5 - Totally Cucked

So remember how I planned to grind up my whole team? Well...I got kinda lazy. I primarily grinded up my surviving team members (Master Derp, Smokey, and Bloodhound), then when it came to the new members of the team, I can admit I got a bit lazy and didn't fully raise them up. I opted to use Epona the Mudbray, Sap the Grubbin, and Triple H the Machoke (because it's a written law that I have to name the Machop line after a wrestler, former or otherwise). Since I got Triple H in Vast Poni Canyon, he was already around Lv. 42 at the start, so with my Exp. Share use during grinding, he got up to around Lv. 51-52, Epona was able to destroy most things in the area (Golbat and Dugtrio) once she evolved, and Sap was just kinda there since he was frail.

To make a long story short for my "totally not Victory Road Mount Lanakila" run, Gladion got blown to pieces, I killed my encounter by accident, and Hau also got blown back. No trainers just like Gen 2's Victory Road, so there's nothing too interesting to talk about. What is interesting, is why this part is titled the way it is. Let's get into it, shall we?

Hala: Absolutely destroyed. Master Derp made sure of it.
    Olivia: Sap learning Thunderbolt the moment he evolves is fun, so even after living an Ancient Power from Relicanth, it died instantly. After that, it was basically an Earthquake sweep with Epona.
    The Flying type woman who's name I don't remember: Teamwork and sweep.
    Acerola: This stizh. I would say another word to describe her, but there could be those unexposed to bad language reading this post, so I'll be a gentlemen and use the made up word. So my original plan was to set up Shell Smash with Smokey and sweep her entire time, Palossand included. Sadly, I feared the fact that Palossand could outspeed Smokey even with three Shell Smashes up since Torkoal has a lower base Speed, so I wanted to trick the Palossand into using it's Z-Move, switch to Bloodhound so it wouldn't work, then Crunch away until it died. Unfortunately, I think the bot knew I was planning that and spammed Earth Power when I switched to Bloodhound until he died.

Because that plan didn't work, I thought I could try to weaken it with Sap, since he was fairly disposable. I got one attack off, then got Never Ending Nightmare'd and Sap died instantly. After that, the rest was pretty simple since I finished off Palossand with Master Derp (he lived an attack on almost no HP) then Shell Smash sweeping with Smokey to clear out the rest of her team.

Now we come to the end. The battle against Kukui started off innocently enough when his Lycanroc didn't set up Stealth Rock, but then the problem started with his Braviary. I wasn't expecting him to send in Braviary, and like an idiot, thought I could deal with it quickly and get an X Sp. Def up on Epona for the incoming Ninetales/Magnezone. What I had forgotten, even after looking over Kukui's team multiple times is that his Braviary had Whirlwind. How I overlooked that, I don't even know. What's bad is that I wasted my final X Sp. Def for nothing. So, some forced switches and eating attacks later and we come to the run killer, the Magnezone.

Remember that item I wasted? Well, since Magnezone hits like a truck and has Sturdy, there was no way Epona could deal with it without being 2HKO'd by it, and I needed Epona. I ended up wasting almost all of my healing items in hopes of a low Flash Cannon roll, but it didn't happen and Epona died. Triple H got destroyed in one shot, and now we come to the cheap part. I must be really stupid or something, because I thought I should set up on the Magnezone and sweep, but it went for Thunder Wave. After that, Smokey was fully paralyzed not one, but two turns in a row before being killed off by Thunderbolt. When I switched in Master Derp, it turns out he could outspeed the Magnezone...not that it mattered at that point because it was impossible to kill the rest of his team with a Slowbro while I only had so few items left. Magnezone killed my run, and it was a grand old disaster.
    Old July 9th, 2017 (6:04 PM).

2nd Update (7/9/2017) - 4 Gyms Defeated:

Weasel
      Level 30 - Sassy|Overgrow
      Tackle, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf

Garuda
      Level 28 - Brave|Keen Eye
      Tackle, Sand-Attack, Fly, Quick Attack

Chef
      Level 30 - Jolly|Sturdy
      Tackle, Defense Curl, Magnitude, Rock Slide

Falkor
      Level 28 - Modest|Intimidate
      Water Pulse, Tackle, Bite, Dragon Rage

Inu
      Level 27 - Lonely|Run Away
      Helping Hand, Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack

Gone but not forgotten:
      Old July 10th, 2017 (8:04 PM).
      Youtube Content Creator

Nature: Jolly
        Hey everyone, been awhile but I'm back with a new sign-up and updates to my current challenges! First off, I stopped with my Blue Kaizo challenge because I lost interest and don't feel like continuing where I left off. Maybe one day I'll go back to it and start over but for now it can be removed from the challengers list. Secondly, I will be continuing with my Prism challenge and LP. I just recorded an episode so expect me to update on that sometime soon, hopefully I get around to it tomorrow since I'm about to sleep. And lastly I have a sign-up for a new challenge! Call me crazy but I'm going to try my hand at a Dark Rising Nuzlocke, and yes I will be uploading this for YouTube as well as Prism.

Sign-Up
        Spoiler:
        User Name: TheCrystalFlaaffy
        Single/Ultimate?: Single
        Version: Pokémon Dark Rising
        Optional Rules:
        Spoiler:
        You must nickname all Pokémon.
        Dupes Clause.
        Species Clause.
        Pokemon Showdown Live Sessions | Latest Upload [5/16]
        Solo Challenge Thread | My Challenges
        Old July 10th, 2017 (10:58 PM).
        Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!

Nature: Modest
          I've never done a Nuzlocke. Ever. How can I even step foot into the Challenge section without having done a Nuzlocke? Well, I'm going to fix that, whether I fail or actually beat the game.

Username: BugTypeAficionado
          Game: Sapphire
          Single/Ultimate: Single, at least for now.

I'm going with Sapphire because the original Nuzlocke comic took place in Ruby, so...irony or something. First update will come shortly.
          Old July 11th, 2017 (9:59 PM).
          Youtube Content Creator

Update for Prism :]

Challenge
            Spoiler:
            Version: Pokémon Prism
            Optional Rules:
            Spoiler:
            Dupes Clause.
            Species Clause.
            Episode #28
            Spoiler:
            Old July 11th, 2017 (10:16 PM).

Alright, first update. Let's do this!

Progress
              Spoiler:
              So I started up my game, named my character Buggy, and after the intro section, got into the action. My starter was a Mudkip I named Skipper. Even though he was relying on Tackle most of the time, since the early game is so richly populated by Lotads, Seedots, and Shroomish, he's been getting by just fine.

Our first catch of the run was on Route 101, after finally getting Pokeballs from May. It was a Level 2 Wurmple that was caught and nicknamed Crumple. Knowing how weak Beautifly and Dustox are,
              I didn't plan on Crumple getting too far, unfortunately. But they would make a great early game Pokemon at least, right?

Route 103 brought forth a Level 2 Zigzagoon. Unfortunately, Skipper got overexcited and landed a critical hit Tackle on it, killing it in one hit. So much for that encounter.

Route 102 is where I was lucky enough to find a Level 3 Lotad, who I affectionately named Bean Dip. With Skipper and Bean Dip in tow, the odds were even more in my favor for dealing with Roxanne.

And of course, with my luck, our first death comes on the very first Route, where Crumple was caught. Thinking that our little caterpillar friend could use some training before being brought into a trainer battle, I tried to grind on wild encounters to at least get him to Level 3 with Bean Dip...but our first encounter, a ZIgzagoon got a critical hit, and their Tackle OHKO'd Crumple. Guess they were avenging their comrade that Skipper killed on 103.

Luckily, none of the actual trainers on 102 gave us trouble, and both Skipper and Bean Dip were making good progress. One catching tutorial later, and we're off onto 104, where we meet...a Level 4 Zigzagoon. I accidentally kill a Zigzagoon, another Zigzagoon kills one of my Pokemon, and now my first encounter on this route is being wasted by one? These fur bags are going to be the bane of my run. I named her Ratcoon and moved on.

Petalburg Woods was arguably the bumpiest part of our run so far. Our first encounter was a Level 5 Shroomish, adding to our plethora of options against Roxanne. He was named Mushlike, because I try way too word to incorporate some kind of wordplay with my Pokemon's names. Besides Skipper, he's one of our most solid team members so far, with Bean Dip not too far behind.

We had a scare against a Team Aqua Grunt, who's combination of Sand Attacks and Howls nearly had us lose Ratcoon, but we prevailed...only for a Bug Catcher's Nincada to kill Ratcoon only two battles later. At least she had a better track record than Crumple. Not to mention, her Pickup ability had netted me both a Nugget and a Super Potion, so she was definitely trying to prove her worth.

Last few battles before Rustboro, and a double battle against two Grass types means quite the close call for Skipper, but we pull through just fine. But before I challenge the Gym, I decide to drop by Route 116 and end up catching a Level 7 Whismur, who gets named Soundcloud. They unfortunately haven't been used yet, since they have a disadvantage against Rock types.

Rustboro Gym was a clean sweep...at least until Roxanne. Her Geodude keep eating Absorbs from Mushlike, and I somehow tricked the game into having Roxanne waste all her potions on that Geodude. I'm not complaining. Even with SE moves, both her Geodude and Nosepass took at least 4-5 hits to take down, but each party member pulled through just fine. For having nothing but moves that were SE, this was still a tense fight. Makes me fear the rest of the Gym Battles for that matter...

Current Team
              Spoiler:

Skipper the Mudkip
              Lvl. 12
              Ability: Torrent
              Hardy Nature
              - Tackle
              - Growl
              - Mud Slap
              - Water Gun

Bean Dip the Lotad
              Lvl. 12
              Ability: Swift Swim
              Relaxed Nature
              - Astonish
              - Growl
              - Absorb

Mushlike the Shroomish
              Lvl. 11
              Ability: Effect Spore
              Timid Nature
              - Absorb
              - Tackle
              - Stun Spore
              - Leech Seed

Soundcloud the Whismur
              Lvl. 7
              Ability: Soundproof
              Mild Nature
              - Tackle
              - Uproar

The Fallen
              Spoiler:

Crumple the Wurmple
              Lvl. 2
              Ability: Shield Dust
              Sassy Nature
              - Tackle
              - String Shot
              Died on: Route 101
              Cause of Death: Wild Level 2 Zigzagoon.

Ratcoon the Zigzagoon
              Lvl. 7
              Ability: Pickup
              Jolly Nature
              - Tackle
              - Growl
              - Tail Whip
              Died in: Petalburg Woods
              Cause of Death: Trainer's Level 7 Nincada.
              Old July 12th, 2017 (12:34 PM).

Xander729
                Pokemon Fire Red
                Standard Rules

Progress: 0/8

In Pewter City, grinding for Brock

Team:

http://www.pokestadium.com/sprites/firered-leafgreen/charmander.png
                Charmander Lvl 10
                Scratch
                Growl
                Ember

http://www.pokestadium.com/sprites/firered-leafgreen/spearow.png
                Spearow Lvl 10
                Peck
                Growl
                Leer

http://www.pokestadium.com/sprites/firered-leafgreen/rattata.png
                Rattata Lvl 10
                Tackle
                Leer
                Quick Attack

Dead:

Pidgey Lvl 6

Fire Monotype - X
                Potterlocke - X
                Nidoking Solo- Red
                Old July 12th, 2017 (7:02 PM).
                Youtube Content Creator

Update for Prism once again. Have the next few parts recorded just working on editing and uploading them. Expect a new update daily for a little while :]

Challenge
                  Spoiler:
                  Optional Rules:
                  Spoiler:
                  Dupes Clause.
                  Species Clause.
                  Episode #29
                  Spoiler:
                  Old July 12th, 2017 (8:12 PM).

Welcome to episode 2...aka, the finale.

Progress
                    Spoiler:
                    Everything started off good enough. I headed off to Rusturf Cave to retrieve Peeko and the Devon Goods, no problem there. Rusturf Cave, while it is a new area, has a 100% encounter rate of Whismurs in Gen 3. And since I'm using the Dupe Clause, I couldn't catch anything in here. Off to Slateport, then.

Granite Cave granted us a level 10 Makuhita, who looked promising enough. Unfortunately, right before we got to Steven, a wild Aron critical hit Makuhita with a Headbutt, killing him. Possibly even more shortlived than Crumple. Besides that, and the plethora of wild encounters, Granite Cave didn't give us too much trouble...but it was merely the calm before the storm. The storm that is Brawly's Gym.

A trainer's Machop killed Skipper with a critical Karate Chop, and in a lapse of sanity, I send out Soundcloud to avenge him. The Machop had 1 hp left, and would literally die from anything, but it unfortunately OHKO'd Soundcloud with another Karate Chop, leaving me two party members short in the span of two turns.

Although discouraged, I at least had Bean Dip and Mushlike, and they were pretty good Pokemon, so after I did some grinding, and Bean Dip evolved, I brought to them to Brawly, and...disaster struck. My first problem was underestimating the power of Brawly's Pokemon. The trainers in his gym had Pokemon at Level 14, and I figured his Pokemon wouldn't be that much higher, maybe Level 15. But I must've had another lapse in sanity and forgot how big of a level jump Roxanne's Pokemon had in comparison to the trainers in there, so my Pokemon are at a 3 level disadvantage. Not a deal breaker, though.

I set up with Stun Spore and Leech Seed on Brawly's Machop. The only good damaging move Mushlike has is Absorb, and as when Machop isn't paralyzed, he's setting up with Focus Energy and Leers, I get a bit afraid that he'll one shot Mushlike before I can whittle him down enough. So I switch to Bean Dip, and exactly as I feared, Lombre is critical hit oneshot by Machop. I send out Mushlike to avenge his brethren, and...he gets one shot too. Possibly both the most anticlimactic and underwhelming Nuzlocke run ever. At least I know now to not screw around next run.

Current Team
                    Spoiler:
                    OH GOD EVERYONE'S DEAD

The Fallen
                    Spoiler:

Crumple the Wurmple
                    Lvl. 2
                    Sassy Nature
                    - Tackle
                    - String Shot
                    Died on: Route 101
                    Cause of Death: Wild Level 2 Zigzagoon.

Ratcoon the Zigzagoon
                    Lvl. 7
                    Ability: Pickup
                    Jolly Nature
                    - Tackle
                    - Growl
                    - Tail Whip
                    Died in: Petalburg Woods
                    Cause of Death: Trainer's Level 7 Nincada.

Sandman the Makuhita
                    Lvl. 10
                    Ability: Thick Fat
                    Timid Nature
                    - Tackle
                    - Focus Energy
                    - Sand Attack
                    - Arm Thrust
                    Died in: Granite Cave
                    Cause of Death: Wild Level 10 Aron.

Skipper the Mudkip
                    Lvl. 13
                    Ability: Torrent
                    Hardy Nature
                    - Tackle
                    - Growl
                    - Mud Slap
                    - Water Gun
                    Died in: Brawly's Gym
                    Cause of Death: Trainer's Level 14 Machop

Soundcloud the Whismur
                    Lvl. 13
                    Ability: Soundproof
                    Mild Nature
                    - Tackle
                    - Uproar
                    - Astonish
                    Cause of Death: Trainer's Level 14 Machop

Bean Dip the Lombre
                    Lvl. 15
                    Relaxed Nature
                    - Astonish
                    - Growl
                    - Absorb
                    - Nature Power
                    Cause of Death: Brawly's Level 17 Machop.

Mushlike the Shroomish
                    Lvl. 14
                    Ability: Effect Spore
                    Timid Nature
                    - Absorb
                    - Tackle
                    - Stun Spore
                    - Leech Seed
                    Cause of Death: Brawly's Level 17 Machop.

There were some points where I got careless, and that definitely cost me the run in the scope of it all. I'll need to do this again some time and restore some of my dignity...but I think I'll try out some different challenges first.
                    Old July 13th, 2017 (12:24 PM). Edited July 14th, 2017 by TheCrystalFlaaffy.
                    Youtube Content Creator

Took on the first Elite Four member in Prism :]

Updated: Took on the second member as well :]

Challenge
                      Spoiler:
                      Optional Rules:
                      Spoiler:
                      Dupes Clause.
                      Species Clause.
                      Episode #30
                      Spoiler:
                      Episode #31
                      Spoiler:
                      Old July 14th, 2017 (1:57 PM).
                      Everything

Nature: Naughty
                        Username: Octane
                        Version: LeafGreen
                        Old July 15th, 2017 (1:49 PM). Edited July 16th, 2017 by TheCrystalFlaaffy.
                        Youtube Content Creator

Last two Elite Four members down and out. Next update will have the champion battle! :]

Challenge
                          Spoiler:
                          Optional Rules:
                          Spoiler:
                          Dupes Clause.
                          Species Clause.
                          Episode #32
                          Spoiler:
                          Episode #33
                          Spoiler:
                          Old July 17th, 2017 (10:41 AM). Edited July 17th, 2017 by Pave Low.
                          Everything

Nature: Naughty
                            LeafGreen Nuzlocke - Complete

First thing I should say is I got absolutely carried through the E4. If it wasn't for Dragonite, Slowbro and Gengar there is no way I would have completed the challenge. I was going to consider picking up the Eevee in Celadon but then realised I could buy a Dratini instead. I had to hoard quite a bit of money but I was finally able to go back and get one and I'm happy I did. I had three high-level Pokemon and the rest were underlevelled so had to grind wild Pokemon battles with Gastly and Dratini. I was pretty sure I was going to stick with 5 of the Pokemon in my party shortly after; Charizard, Pidgeot, Dragonair, Haunter and Beedrill, but Beedrill became a bit unreliable and my 6th member kept being killed off. It wasn't until late game where I picked up Slowbro and then eventually Marowak from Victory Road that I had solidified my team. At this point, I was aware of my rival's Pokemon and the E4 teams so I just made sure I was capable of beating them and had plenty of Full Restores stocked up. I spent about 2 hours getting some of my stronger Pokemon up to scratch. But once I began the E4 battles the reliance on Slowbro, Gengar and Dragonite was unbelievable. Many times I jammed some battles by having Slowbro tank moves, do a fair amount of damage and just heal then repeat. Dragonite definitely became a huge part in the last couple E4 battles but Gengar was deadly throughout. The Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Nightmare and Shadow Ball combo was deadly and I had made sure to feed it a lot of Carbos to get a Hypnosis in straight away when I could. Lost Pidgeot and Marowak during early E4 battles but they weren't much use at their level anyway.

Team

Kek | Level 51 w/ Blaze
                            Bashful
                            Earthquake | Blast Burn
                            Flamethrower | Slash

Cersei | Level 62 w/ Inner Focus
                            Serious
                            Surf | Outrage
                            Ice Beam | Wing Attack

Le Gasp | Level 55 w/ Levitate
                            Serious
                            Hypnosis | Nightmare
                            Shadow Ball | Dream Eater

Usain Bolt | Level 52 w/ Oblivious
                            Brave
                            Blizzard | Headbutt
                            Psychic | Surf

Qwerty | Level 43 w/ Keen Eye
                            Brave
                            Tackle | Featherdance
                            Fly | Quick Attack

Xylophone | Level 47 w/ Rock Head
                            Sassy
                            Double-Edge | Bonemerang
                            Thrash | Strength

Screens:
                            Spoiler:

Old July 17th, 2017 (12:24 PM).
                            Youtube Content Creator

And now for the champion battle! :]

Challenge
                              Spoiler:
                              Optional Rules:
                              Spoiler:
                              Dupes Clause.
                              Species Clause.
                              Episode #34
                              Spoiler:
                              Old July 18th, 2017 (9:22 AM). Edited July 18th, 2017 by metroid711.
                              Representing the Goodra Army

Yo!
                                First Nuzlocke on the forum for me so im gonna do my favorite gen
                                Username; metroid711
                                Game: Theta Emerald EX ( hack of Emerald with 4th gen to 6th gen pokemon added)
                                Single/Ultimate: Single
                                Optional Rules:
                                Must nickname all pokemon
                                Dupes clause
                                "Even in a book of lies sometimes you find truth. There is indeed a season for all things and now that I see you flesh-to-flesh and blood-to-blood I know I cannot raise my hand against you. But know this, you are my greatest disappointment. Does your master hear me? Atlas! You can kill me, but you will never have my city. My strength is not in steel and fire, that is what the parasites will never understand. A season for all things! A time to live and a time to die, a time to build... and a time to destroy!”
                                Old July 18th, 2017 (10:09 AM). Edited July 18th, 2017 by metroid711.

Yo!
                                  First update:
                                  Spoiler:

My Nickname is DIO

Woke up to a new day and a new journey. I met May next door and found the Professor being beaten by a Zigzagoon. I had a decision to make.

A Torchic

A Treecko

And a Mudkip

Three good pokemon to choose from.
                                  But when i think about the future, i think a blaziken will be more useful.

So i chose my starter, Torchic

I beat the Zigzagoon and returned to the lab.

I then named my first partner to start my journey.

Bruce Lee / Torchic Lvl 5
                                  Ability: Speed Boost
                                  Nature: Bashful (Ugh Neutral)

Grinded him up to level 9 because im not taking any chances and i have a speed up button

Beat May and her Mudkip

Went and got a pokedex and pokeball from the professor

NUZLOCKE STARTS NOW!

Route 101 encounter:

Lvl 4 Zigzagoon

Im not complaining because Linoone isbuff

I caught her and named her:

Martha the Zigzagoon Lvl 4
                                  Ability: Gluttony
                                  Nature:Bashful (Neutral again :()

During my grind with Martha
                                  There was a Zorua
                                  It didnt kill her because i ran.
                                  But holy crap its so easy to get good pokemon here.

Grinded her up to Lvl 8

Anyway went North of Oldsdale town to get my route 103 encounter

Route 103 Encounter:

Wingull Lvl 5

Caught her and named her:
                                  Mine (like from the seagulls from Finding Nemo) Lvl 5
                                  Ability: Rain Dish
                                  Nature: Lax

Grinded Mine to Lvl 9

I went West to Route 102

My encounter for Route 102:

Patrat Lvl 7

Caught her and named her:
                                  Kiki the Patrat Lvl 7
                                  Ability: Keen eye
                                  Nature: Quiet

Grinded her to Lvl 9

Made it to Petalburg.
                                  Watched Wally catch his ralts

Went West to Route 104
                                  Route 104 encounter:

Scatterbug Lvl 10

Caught and named it:
                                  Rita the Scatterbug Lvl 10
                                  Nature: Mild

Beat the trainers and went to Petalburg Woods

PetalBurg Woods encounter:

Slakoth Lvl 8

Caught it and Boxed it for now:
                                  Jojo the Slakoth Lvl 8
                                  Ability: Truant
                                  Nature: Bold

Evolved Rita into:

Spewpa Lvl 11
                                  Ability: Shed Skin

Fought the first team aqua member
                                  (Im gonna be putting the teams of the gyms leaders and main Team member)

I lost Kiki and Martha to a Lvl 12 Carvahna

Added Jojo to the Team

Grinded him and all my team to Lvl 13
                                  Evolved Rita into:

A Vivillion
                                  Made it to Rustboro.
                                  Will post Next Update after i fight the gym

Current Team:
                                  Jojo/Slakoth Lvl 16

Moves:
                                  Chip Away
                                  Yawn
                                  Feint Attack
                                  Slack Off

Rita/Vivillion Lvl 16

Moves:
                                  Stun Spore
                                  Bug Bite
                                  Electroweb
                                  Iron Defense

Mine/Wingull Lvl 17

Moves:
                                  Water Pulse
                                  Growl
                                  Supersonic
                                  Wing Attack

Bruce Lee/Torchic Lvl 15

Moves:
                                  Scratch
                                  Peck
                                  Flame Charge
                                  Featherdance

Deaths: 2

Cheers!
                                  "Even in a book of lies sometimes you find truth. There is indeed a season for all things and now that I see you flesh-to-flesh and blood-to-blood I know I cannot raise my hand against you. But know this, you are my greatest disappointment. Does your master hear me? Atlas! You can kill me, but you will never have my city. My strength is not in steel and fire, that is what the parasites will never understand. A season for all things! A time to live and a time to die, a time to build... and a time to destroy!”
                                  Old July 18th, 2017 (11:26 AM). Edited July 20th, 2017 by TheCrystalFlaaffy.
                                  TheCrystalFlaaffy TheCrystalFlaaffy is offline
                                  Youtube Content Creator

Started Dark Rising today, got my starter Pokemon and did a lot of the beginning stuff :]

Challenge
                                    Spoiler:
                                    Optional Rules:
                                    Spoiler:
                                    Dupes Clause.
                                    Species Clause.
                                    Episode 1:
                                    Spoiler:
                                    Current Team:

Postman the Dratini @Dragon Fang
                                    Level 14 | Male | Naughty | Shed Skin
                                    Swift | Dragonbreath | Thunder Wave | Whirlpool
                                    Boxed:
                                    Spoiler:
                                    None yet.
                                    Deaths:
                                    Spoiler:
                                    Death Count: 0
                                    None ever?!
                                    (He said hopefully)
                                    Old July 18th, 2017 (2:57 PM).

Yo!
                                      Update 2- The first gym

Spoiler:
                                      I will be taking on the first gym in Rustboro
                                      This should be challenging.....

During the fight with trainers i evolved Jojo into

Vigoroth Lvl 18
                                      Ability: Vital Spirit

I also evolved Bruce Lee into

Combusken Lvl 16
                                      Ability: Speed Boost

Roxanne's team

Onix Lvl 14

Anorith Lvl 14

Lileep Lvl 14

Tirtouga Lvl 14

Archen Lvl 14

Lvl 17

I didnt lose a single pokemon.

Thats the first gym badge, yay!

Will post next update after i make it to the next gym.

Deaths:2
                                      Badges:1

Cheers!
                                      Old July 18th, 2017 (6:16 PM). Edited July 19th, 2017 by metroid711.

Yo!
                                        Update Three!

Spoiler:
                                        Chased after an aqua grunt

Got an encounter on route 116:
                                        Shinx Lvl 9

Added to my team

Offense the Shinx Lvl 9
                                        Ability: Intimidate

I grinded him to level 17 and evolved him

Offense the Luxio Lvl 17

I beat the aqua grunt

Fought May

May's Team

Taillow Lvl 16

Ponyta Lvl 16

Mudkip Lvl 18

Beat her with Mine and Jojo

Took the boat to Dewford

Taking on the second gym

Before i took on the gym i grinded my team to level 20

Brawly's Team:

Machop Lvl 18

Meditite Lvl 18

Pancham Lvl 18

Scraggy Lvl 18

Timburr Lvl 18

Hariyama Lvl 20

My Rita had Psybeam, so i used her to beat all of them except scraggy who i beat with Mine

I will post my next update once i beat the next gym

Team Recap:
                                        Spoiler:

Rita Lvl 21
                                        Moves:
                                        Stun Spore
                                        Bug Bite
                                        Electroweb
                                        Psybeam

Bruce Lee Lvl 20
                                        Moves:
                                        Night Slash
                                        Double Kick
                                        Flame Charge
                                        Featherdance

Mine Lvl 20
                                        Moves:
                                        Water Pulse
                                        Quick Attack
                                        Supersonic
                                        Wing Attack

Jojo Lvl 20
                                        Moves:
                                        Chip Away
                                        Yawn
                                        Feint Attack
                                        Slack Off

Offense Lvl 20
                                        Moves:
                                        Spark
                                        Bite
                                        Charge
                                        Quick Attack

Deaths: 2
                                        Badges: 2

Anyway thats all for now

Cheers!
                                        Old July 18th, 2017 (8:21 PM). Edited July 19th, 2017 by metroid711.

Yo!
                                          Update Four!

Spoiler:
                                          To start off got an encounter in granite cave

Mawile Lvl 16

Added her to my team

Layla the Mawile Lvl 16
                                          Ability: Intimidate

Also i found out you can mega evolve in this.

I have to beat Norman first though

When i got an encounter with a fishing rod, i lost Mine to a clamperl

But to replace her i now have

Baby the Clamperl Lvl 29
                                          Ability: Shell Armor
                                          Nature: Adamant

In this game im gonna need a moon stone to evolve clamperl into huntail

so im gonna find one eventually.

Anyways i then traveled to Slateport and beat all the trainers on the beach.

I beat some team aqua grunts and started on my way to Mauville city

I got an encounter on route 110

Oddish lvl 16

i named it Can and Boxed it

I fought May again
                                          May's Team

Swellow Lvl 22

Shroomish Lvl 22

Ponyta Lvl 22

Marshtomp Lvl 24

I sweeped her team

Made it to Mauville
                                          Somebody was selling stones so i bought a moonstone and evolved Baby

Baby the Huntail

Gonna take on the gym now.
                                          All my pokemon are level 27 except for Baby who is 29 because i caught her at 29

Fought Wally before the gym

Wally had a

Kirlia Lvl 26

Before fighting Wattson i grinded all my pokemon to level 30 because im not taking any chances, i have nothing excellent against wattson.

Offense evolved

Offense the Luxray Lvl 30

Wattson's Team

Minun Lvl 26

Plusle Lvl 26

Rotom Lvl 26

Flaafy lvl 26

Magneton Lvl 26

Manetric Lvl 28

I was a bit overleveled because i didnt want to take any chances, but i beat him without losing anyone

On to the next gym.

Team Recap:
                                          Spoiler:

Jojo Lvl 30
                                          Moves:
                                          Chip Away
                                          Yawn
                                          Night Slash
                                          Cut

Offense Lvl 30
                                          Moves:
                                          Volt Switch
                                          Bite
                                          Double Kick
                                          Flash

Layla Lvl 30
                                          Moves:
                                          Crunch
                                          Thunder Fang
                                          Ice Fang
                                          Play Rough

Bruce Lee Lvl 30
                                          Moves:
                                          Night Slash
                                          Double Kick
                                          Flame Burst
                                          Featherdance

Rita Lvl 30
                                          Moves:
                                          Stun Spore
                                          Bug Buzz
                                          Hurricane
                                          Psybeam

Deaths: 3
                                          Badges: 3

Cheers!
                                          Old July 19th, 2017 (5:05 PM). Edited July 20th, 2017 by TheCrystalFlaaffy.
                                          TheCrystalFlaaffy TheCrystalFlaaffy is offline
                                          Youtube Content Creator

Part 2 of Dark Rising is here, got our first encounters today :]

Challenge
                                            Spoiler:
                                            Optional Rules:
                                            Spoiler:
                                            Dupes Clause.
                                            Species Clause.
                                            Episode 2:
                                            Spoiler:
                                            Current Team:

Postman the Dratini @Dragon Fang
                                            Level 15 | Male | Naughty | Shed Skin
                                            Swift | Dragonbreath | Thunder Wave | Whirlpool

Roselina the Starly
                                            Level 13 | Female | Bold | Keen Eye
                                            Pursuit | Wing Attack | Quick Attack | Growl

Core the Roggenrola
                                            Level 6 | Male | Careful | Sturdy
                                            Tackle | Harden
                                            Boxed:
                                            Spoiler:
                                            None yet.
                                            Deaths:
                                            Spoiler:
                                            Death Count: 0
                                            None ever?!
                                            (He said hopefully)
                                            Old July 19th, 2017 (5:31 PM). Edited July 21st, 2017 by Knost.

Nature: Adamant
                                              Username: Knost
                                              Challenge: Single
                                              Version: Red
                                              Rules: ***All Optional Rules in Red***
                                              1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released (or boxed).
                                              2. You cannot buy any items. (unless it is to trigger an in game event you need to progress in the game or it is an evolutionary item)
                                              3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
                                              4. A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
                                              5. Battle type is SET.
                                              6. You can catch whatever you want.
                                              7. At the end of the game you must catch all of the legendaries to win.
                                              8. No Duplicate Captures.
                                              9. You can use HM slaves for moving around, but if you use one in battle it is an automatic game over.
                                              10. None of the Pokémon in your party should ever be a higher than the Ace Pokémon of the next gym when you ENTER said gym. If a Pokémon is in violation of this rule it will not listen to you until the gym is defeated..
                                              11. The number of Pokémon you may have in your party and boxes combined (including the death box) at any time is determined by the number of Gym Badges you have obtained plus one. (For example you can only have two Pokémon in your party once you have obtained your first Gym badge)

I'll post an update later tonight! :)

UPDATE #1
                                              -Chose Charamander and named him RED!
                                              -Cleared Viridian Forest and defeated my Rival, Gary, with RED Level 12!
                                              -Found Potion x4, Pokeball X1, Antidote x2
                                              -Beat the first Trainer in Petwer City Gym.
                                              -Took out the Geodude easily as it Defense Curled twice and Red burned it twice forcing Brock to Full heal it instead of attack. Went blow for blow with Onix down to 13 Hp until Onix decided to screech and missed. RED took the opportunity and killed the Onix with a crit!
                                              -Obtained the Boulder Badge!
                                              -Decided to catch a Pikachu only have one Pokeball...wish me luck!
                                              -Well...I couldn't hit the Pikachu so I just threw the ball at it and it broke out...not good. Hopefully I get another Pokeball soon.

UPDATE #2
                                              -Made it through mount moon with Red and found a good amount of items.
                                              -Found great ball! Outside Mount Moon hidden in the dirt!
                                              -Gary met me at the bridge in Cerulean City and demanded a battle. I had to use two potions to make it through the battle but Red survived on 14 hp. That pikachu would've been very helpful...and I'm going to regret losing those potions.
                                              -Had some close calls on the nugget bridge. Pidgey and their sand attacks nearly ended my run as I refused to use another item, but we survived. RED is level 22 now and he needs some help. I've been told a grass Pokémon can be found on this route. Hopefully the great ball does its job.
                                              -Luckily for me the levels of wild Pokémon are high here so Red was able to do a little damage. Caught an Oddish and named it Decay!
                                              -Training up Decay I had to swap RED in to save Decay from an early death. RED survived on 2 HP! I've got to be more careful. Items are important, but I can't let RED or Decay die protecting them.
                                              -Got Decay to Level 20, but had to use items...
                                              I now have Potions x3, Antidote x2, Ether X1 for healing
                                              -Cerulean City Gym next up...Red Level 24, Decay Level 20

UPDATE #3
                                              -Not paying attention I didn't notice the Drowzee I was battling had confused my Charamander. After hitting itself in confusion Hypno got a critical hit, killing RED, and then poor Decay stood no chance.
                                              -Locke ended early. I'll try again soon.

Quick Reply