Competitive Pokémon The forum designed for all of your competitive Pokémon needs! Here you can discuss the metagame, receive help on your team, ask for battles, participate in events, and much more!
Quick Links: PC's Battle Server

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old August 28th, 2018 (11:34 PM).
Conservative Patriot

Nature: Jolly
I plan on using Mega Alakazam. I have a Modest Abra I'm EV training, but it's ability is Inner Focus. I know Synchronize is generally considered to be the better option. I plan on only using Mega Alakazam, except maybe in the rare instance I know I outspeed and can OHKO my opponent if I don't want to give away the fact Zam is mega yet.
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old August 29th, 2018 (5:10 AM).

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
I plan on using Mega Alakazam. I have a Modest Abra I'm EV training, but it's ability is Inner Focus. I know Synchronize is generally considered to be the better option. I plan on only using Mega Alakazam, except maybe in the rare instance I know I outspeed and can OHKO my opponent if I don't want to give away the fact Zam is mega yet.
It only really matters for certain Pokémon. For example, When you mega evolve a Sableye, you can still take advantage of its prankster ability to use a move like Will-o-Wisp first, while having Magic Bounce (its mega ability) at the same time.

Inner Focus and Synchronize are both situational but not really toooo important.
  #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old August 29th, 2018 (6:15 AM).
WHOLLY MOLEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
Well actually Magic Guard is the preferred option on most Alakazam. If you could get an HA Abra then it would probably be for the best, since you can avoid some hazard damage. Otherwise if Inner Focus is what you have then I guess there's not to much you can do about it except roll with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
It only really matters for certain Pokémon. For example, When you mega evolve a Sableye, you can still take advantage of its prankster ability to use a move like Will-o-Wisp first, while having Magic Bounce (its mega ability) at the same time.
This is the case in Gen 6 games. This was changed in Gen 7 to automatically calculate the speed tier of the mega form upon evolution, which is why Sableye usually use Protect now, and why a lot of others (Diancie, Beedrill, etc) don't anymore.
  #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old August 29th, 2018 (10:00 AM).
From Dusk to Dawn

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Or Pokemon that can gain positive stat boosts or inflict stat decreases in a stat like Speed Boost (Sharpedo & Blaziken), Lightning Rod (Manectric), Moxie & Intimidate (Salamence, Gyarados, and Mawile (Intimidate only))

Social Media Handles
    Discord SirSpur#1123
    Twitter SirSpur
    Instagram SirSpur
    Gab.ai SirSpur
    Diaspora SirSpur

Quick Reply