The Bulletin Board Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Ad Content

#51   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 11th, 2018 (3:46 PM). Edited September 11th, 2018 by CrimsonMajestic.
From Dusk to Dawn

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Perhaps you guys could try the positives out here.
    We will, after we weight the options presented to us.

Quote:
    I’ve never seen anyone berate previous owners over their portfolio and other projects.
    Who said anything about berating? We (myself included) just want to see some samples of previous projects, assuming there are any.

Quote:
    Does it make any difference really?
    Hopefully not!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by A Ghost Owl's Song View Post
    What typically happens with private equity firms is they buy assets, use their own resources and expertise to increase the value of the asset, and then sell them at a higher rate than they paid/invested.
    Precisely the reason behind the skepticism, aside from the seemingly lack of transparency. Also, there is an issue of gentrification. I know this term applies mostly to real-estate (in particular apartment complexes), but something similar could happen...which is what I am trying to determine for myself with so little information.

Quote:
    PC's future is likely a ton of awesome improvements (better software, better servers, maybe even advertising to bring in new members), and then a new set of owners in a few years.

Not a bad thing.

Or maybe Pomador keeps PC and continues to improve it to bring in new members, then profits off of the ad revenue. Either way PC is in good shape.
    Hopefully it stays at this.

Social Media Handles
    Discord SirSpur#1123
    Twitter SirSpur
    Instagram SirSpur
    Gab.ai SirSpur
    Diaspora SirSpur
      #52   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 12th, 2018 (5:07 PM). Edited September 12th, 2018 by Ace.

And in the event Pomador doesn't make back the money it used to buy the site and sells it off because of lack of returned investment / profit to the highest seller, or decides its not worth it and removes it? People wanted Steve gone so bad (despite his non-existent presence on the forum) they are celebrating what is effectively the corporatization of the community. PC is now entirely an asset, despite the mission statement. Hilarious.

Very excited, curious, and invested in seeing what happens.
      #53   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 12th, 2018 (6:23 PM). Edited September 12th, 2018 by Enpatsu Shakugan.
    Banned

Nature: Hasty
    The one thing I hope for is a more varied group of administrators, rather than sticking strictly to just the current group.

I really hope this can happen. Shoot me a personal message anytime if you need further elaboration. I'd like to discuss this with the new head in detail, actually.
      #54   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 12th, 2018 (8:52 PM). Edited September 12th, 2018 by Ace.

at least when you had steve you knew what you were dealing with

an old man who was mostly absent and let you run with the forum while he sat back and paid for everything. he had some hard lines he wouldn't let you cross but that's what parents need to do to their kids.

but then the kids got spoiled and wanted a new daddy. so steve dragged his feet and finally found someone to replace him with for his children didn't love him anymore. and the new daddy is a foster system. and the foster system works in mukty ways.

as we'll find out in a couple of months when this website makes them $0 (let's me re-introduce you to the world of business, and not the all encompassing capsule of rainbows a lot of you live in where no problems exist and neither does money) and they cut their losses and sell it to someone else.

shame, really. shame on all of you. and a shame for the site i love. you've turned pc into a prostitute and cover up the falsehoods with celebration of the future of pc.
      #55   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 12th, 2018 (10:32 PM).

Nature: Sassy
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Enpatsu Shakugan View Post
    The one thing I hope for is a more varied group of administrators, rather than sticking strictly to just the current group.

I really hope this can happen. Shoot me a personal message anytime if you need further elaboration. I'd like to discuss this with the new head in detail, actually.
    The new head(s) won't be in charge of choosing the administrators.
      #56   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 13th, 2018 (2:36 AM). Edited September 13th, 2018 by Hands.
    I was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
      at least when you had steve you knew what you were dealing with

an old man who was mostly absent and let you run with the forum while he sat back and paid for everything. he had some hard lines he wouldn't let you cross but that's what parents need to do to their kids.

but then the kids got spoiled and wanted a new daddy. so steve dragged his feet and finally found someone to replace him with for his children didn't love him anymore. and the new daddy is a foster system. and the foster system works in mukty ways.

as we'll find out in a couple of months when this website makes them $0 (let's me re-introduce you to the world of business, and not the all encompassing capsule of rainbows a lot of you live in where no problems exist and neither does money) and they cut their losses and sell it to someone else.

shame, really. shame on all of you. and a shame for the site i love. you've turned pc into a prostitute and cover up the falsehoods with celebration of the future of pc.
      I'd rather we crash and burn under a faceless company than slowly erode under a sex offender.

Until Pomador makes clear their plan there's no reason to assume they're just planning on dumping PC a few months down the line. They may see use in us as an advertisement venue, or at least as a portfolio filler. Having a large community with an (on paper) huge memberbase would look good for them. That could be the whole crux of their purchase.
        #57   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old September 13th, 2018 (4:20 PM).
      From Dusk to Dawn

Nature: Jolly
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
        People wanted Steve gone so bad (despite his non-existent presence on the forum) they are celebrating what is effectively the corporatization of the community. PC is now entirely an asset, despite the mission statement. Hilarious.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hands View Post
        I'd rather we crash and burn under a faceless company than slowly erode under a sex offender.
        Hate to dive into this---despite its inevitability---may be the crux of the majority of the 'community''s issue of "being blinded by the light", so to speak; in the sense that it seems certain perceived traumas may have not been healed.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Logan View Post
        The new head(s) won't be in charge of choosing the administrators.
        Will this remain as is, or will there be a change but the "new head(s)" will not be the deciding factor(s)?

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hands View Post
        Until Pomador makes clear their plan there's no reason to assume they're just planning on dumping PC a few months down the line.
        Hence the questions we are asking; to decide this for ourselves as opposed to taking one's word for it out of blind faith.

Social Media Handles
        Discord SirSpur#1123
        Twitter SirSpur
        Instagram SirSpur
        Gab.ai SirSpur
        Diaspora SirSpur
          #58   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old September 19th, 2018 (12:26 AM). Edited September 19th, 2018 by Pokilisa.

I'm looking forward

Quick Reply