Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (10:25 AM).

Pokemon Anachron is planned to have some new types, one of which I have deemed the Abyss type, although now as I am looking back, that name does not describe the typing well.

The Abyss typing, as I have named it for the time being, is supposed to be a representation of the darkest corners of the universe, drawing power, not from the dark, but from the evil it hides.

I know there is dark type and there is ghost type and so on and so forth, but I wanted to hear some opinions on what other people think this typing should be like/be named

Thanks for the help
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Week Ago (10:43 AM).

Hmm, okay, is it Eldritch? Would Cthulhu be Abyss type?

It would be a lot easier to give suggestions if you could give examples of Pokémon and moves that you think would be Abyss typed.
      #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Week Ago (10:56 AM).

Quote:
      Pokemon Anachron is planned to have some new types, one of which I have deemed the Abyss type, although now as I am looking back, that name does not describe the typing well.

The Abyss typing, as I have named it for the time being, is supposed to be a representation of the darkest corners of the universe, drawing power, not from the dark, but from the evil it hides.

I know there is dark type and there is ghost type and so on and so forth, but I wanted to hear some opinions on what other people think this typing should be like/be named

Thanks for the help
      ... Isn't that what Dark is for.

Dark is known as Evil-type in the Japanese versions of the games.
        #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (11:50 AM).

Truthfully, this is why I am uncertain about this new type, but apon further inspection, the dark type , which is of course strong against psychic and ghost, actually represents, not so much an evil incarnation, so much as darkness in the mind as well as mischief. this could be argued, but in the end, it is the truth.

This in essence is why I wanted feedback. I want a new type that is unique, evil or similar, that could be partnered with dark type well, but is not just a copy of the dark type with a new name
          #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (12:15 PM).

After some debate with local Pokemon fans, I have decided to replace the Abyss typing with the new unnamed type that will act similarly to the Nuclear type in the Fan Game Uranium, and the Shadow type from Pokemon XD. The difference is that although it will be rare, it will not require the Pokemon to be corrupted for it to have this typing.

Moves will Include:
          Calamity Fang: Physical, 100 damage, 15 PP high crit chance. This move has a 30% chance to summon a severe weather
          Ruin Blade: Physical, 60 damage, 20 PP, This Move will raise the user's attack by one stage
          Cataclysm: Status, The user shrouds the entire battlefield in a dark mist, dropping all non-dark and (new type) Pokemon's attack and special attack by one stage. Dark and (new type) Moves deal a little bit extra damage
          Clade: Physical, 90 damage, 15 PP, removes hazards. High crit chance

These moves are newly developed and definitely subject to change but I hope this will help with further attempts to assist me in naming this type.

Thanks for the help so far
            #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 5 Days Ago (11:25 PM).

I actually have a tea in my game with something similar. Not a new type, but a kind of area that affects Pokémon personalities. So all the Pokémon there are angry and have moves like rage, torment, frustration. Things like that. There are a lot of moves that have to do with anger/hate, a decent amount being dark, but not all of them. I know dark/evil typing seems like it covers all that, but you’re right when you say you can see it as a more mischievous kind of typing, things like taunt, or sucker punch. Where an abyss type could be more focused around hate and negative energy. Paired a few new moves that you can create specifically for that type, along with a few type changes of existing moves ie rage, you could totally have an “abyss” type on your hands. Nothing is beyond your imagination my friend. Just give it a means to represent itself and as long as it’s convincing to you then you’ve got a good idea in the works :)
              #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 5 Days Ago (10:18 AM).

Thanks!! I really appreciate the support!!!

Quick Reply